G37 Sedan

People always complain about the stealership...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 10:50 PM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hinomura
And rightly so, but I did want to take the time to commend good dealerships as well because they do exist. Yesterday I had to take my 6MT in to the shop because my 5th gear started grinding. It would happen maybe once every couple of months so I never thought much about it, but 2 days ago it happened about 5-6 times; almost every other time I shifted into 5th. I dropped the car off and they said they couldn't find any issues, but instead of being dismissive Jordan (my service rep, fantastic fellow, has always done me right) asked me if I could come in during lunch and try to recreate it for them. I went there for lunch, drove a service technician around, and showed him how the gear was grinding. He then recommended that the whole transmission be replaced. So next Thursday or Friday I will have my baby back, hopefully none the worse for wear. I was very apprehensive at first because this would have been warranty work and I kind of halfway expected them to try to weasel their way out of doing the right thing, but there was no confrontation, no escalation, just a diagnosis, a solution, and a time to come pick up my car. I just want to say that good dealerships do exist like Nalley Infiniti in Decatur, GA and that there are people like Jordan who genuinely try to take their customers.

On a side note does anyone know if this new transmission is "new new" or will it be one of those factory refurbished ones?

TL;DR - 5th gear itself or synchro going bad. Nalley Infiniti in Decatur, GA covered it under warranty no questions asked. (Avoid Infiniti of Gwinnett, I don't like them fools.)

WOW!! Nalley Infiniti in Decatur, GA??????
Very Interesting.
I was there a few months ago and not only did they have IPL stickers on cars that were Not IPLs but the 2 sales people I talked too knew Nothing about the car.
Like I said....
Interesting

Did you say what year your car is?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by inyquest
WOW!! Nalley Infiniti in Decatur, GA??????
Very Interesting.
I was there a few months ago and not only did they have IPL stickers on cars that were Not IPLs but the 2 sales people I talked too knew Nothing about the car.
Like I said....
Interesting

Did you say what year your car is?
hahaha I think I read your review on yelp today as I was filling out my review. Mine is a 2011 but I didn't purchase it from them, I originally purchased it from Infiniti of Gwinnett (will never go back there again). I'm not sure about the faux IPl badging, I didn't see it while I was there but I do know that they were told to rebadge all G37 coupes as Q60s (my service rep said that they were told to by corporate). If that is the case with regard to the faux IPL stuff, that is definitely shady and I wish I had a better response for you.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:20 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Well I got my baby back yesterday, a lot earlier than expected. Everything seems to drive just like normal, shifting is in fact a little bit smoother than before. My only 1stworldproblem gripe is that they said the car would be ready by Thurs and then I put in too much gas into the loaner . Anyway aside from that I've always had a positive experience at Nalley Infiniti Decatur from the service side at least, dunno about actually purchasing a vehicle there. I had several negative experiences at Infiniti of Gwinnett so I will never go back there again. This experience pretty much earned themselves an Infiniti customer for life (provided they put a manual in the new Q series at some point )
Old 09-25-2013, 01:48 PM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hinomura
hahaha I think I read your review on yelp today as I was filling out my review. Mine is a 2011 but I didn't purchase it from them, I originally purchased it from Infiniti of Gwinnett (will never go back there again). I'm not sure about the faux IPl badging, I didn't see it while I was there but I do know that they were told to rebadge all G37 coupes as Q60s (my service rep said that they were told to by corporate). If that is the case with regard to the faux IPL stuff, that is definitely shady and I wish I had a better response for you.

I DID post on Yelp (Yelp is another story. I found they hide bad reviews).
an it wasn't the IPL badge that was wrong.
It was the The window price tag that was wrong.
And I Mean Wrong Not mixed up.
They didn't even have the cars that the price stickers had on them.
And it was more then one. Then I even found the same issues at their other dealers.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:17 PM
dv_ous

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too am in the DFW area.

I've had several bad experiences with Grubbs Infiniti. My issues were finally resolved when I started posting my experiences on this forum.

I've been to Crest a few times and their customer service is exceptional. Only complaint is that I had them install my mud guards and they're not flush with the car body.

I haven't had any personal experience with Sewell but I know a few people that have bought from their Infiniti and Lexus dealership and have only good things to say about them.