Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Or the Hyundai Genesis Sedan.
Bingo! Excellent choice for g37guy01.

And being the practical minded enthusiast that he is, there's all kinds of money to be saved by not getting the Genesis Sedan R-Spec.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:59 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
thank you for your suggestiosn:

- the es350 is nice, not interested.
- avalon is nice, not interested.
- Hyundia is on my DNB list.
- Caddy, audi nah
- merc maybe

two on the list:
- Q
- 335/535
Old 09-24-2013, 04:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Have you driven one, or just don't want to have to tell your neighbor "It's a Hyundai"?
Much nicer car than the Genesis Coupe, very quiet and solid on the road, at least the one I test drove, power is decent and their reliability is as good as any other Asian brand right now, and you get more car for the money. Paint quality is a lot better than Infiniti too
Old 09-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Have you driven one...
You have to ask?
Old 09-24-2013, 04:39 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts

- the es350 is nice, not interested.
- avalon is nice, not interested.
- Caddy, audi nah
- merc maybe

two on the list:
- Q
- 335/535
Thats too funny....considering my girlfriend's Genesis Coupe has not a SINGLE rattle in the cabin, simply sealed so tight like a VAULT.

Now my G37 on the other hand.....with only 13,000 miles.....and my center console is a complete creak clusterf***
Old 09-24-2013, 04:58 PM
g37guy01

Have you driven one, or just don't want to have to tell your neighbor "It's a Hyundai"?
Much nicer car than the Genesis Coupe, very quiet and solid on the road, at least the one I test drove, power is decent and their reliability is as good as any other Asian brand right now, and you get more car for the money. Paint quality is a lot better than Infiniti too
I've driven a Sonota and the smaller one, elentra. from what i understand the genesis suffers from the same wallowitis. Not really interested. I don't care if for less money the engine is bigger and the vehicle is larger, if that were the yardstick, germany wouldn't sell a car, much less japan.

BTW, why can't I just not like a car because?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:01 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by chilibowl
Thats too funny....considering my girlfriend's Genesis Coupe has not a SINGLE rattle in the cabin, simply sealed so tight like a VAULT.

Now my G37 on the other hand.....with only 13,000 miles.....and my center console is a complete creak clusterf***
We all have these stories. the interwebs are full of them. My g is tight as well, no rattles; so what.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:07 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
If I may take a stab at this...I think the issue is you appear closed minded to even consider another car, even if it may be better or meet what you're looking for without giving it a chance. And simply liking a car just because makes you a fanboy, therefore, are required to defend it to the death. If this is false, then great. As you were.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:14 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by sniper27
If I may take a stab at this...I think the issue is you appear closed minded to even consider another car, even if it may be better or meet what you're looking for without giving it a chance. And simply liking a car just because makes you a fanboy, therefore, are required to defend it to the death. If this is false, then great. As you were.
OK, I'm a close minded fanboy or I am coming to a different conclusion than you about what is right for me, and what I like vs what you like and need.

I don't actually have to have the same opinions as you that doesn't make me close minded anymore than me saying that you're close minded because you disagreed with me.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by sniper27
If I may take a stab at this...
Oh hey, I'd like a stab at that, too.

Automotive opinions have credibility when based on experience. Steadfastly remaining closed-minded when there are options that may better suit your values is a little too Tea Party crazy for passionate auto-enthusiasts to stomach.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-24-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Glenn2008
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
I'm going to have to take one for a spin. I can't believe that it handles worse than a 328. I drove one of those when they came out and the steering was absolutely terrible. No road feel at all. I even told the salesman that my 2000 Honda Accord with almost 200k miles on it out handled that car.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by Rochester
Oh hey, I'd like a stab at that, too.

Automotive opinions have credibility when based on experience. Steadfastly remaining closed-minded when there are options that may better suit your values is a little too Tea Party crazy for passionate auto-enthusiasts to stomach.
The only experience that counts in the automotive world is sales. Look at BMW sales for an example of a car with a lot of negative "press" in the forums, lot's of negative press about the steering. Whose opinion is credible anyway?

For example I might believe the MT in the G is not as smooth as the TL MTbased on what I've read. That seems to be a consensus across the board.

But this stuff with the Q is just kindergarten. So what MT liked the Lexus better, it has no bearing on my purchase decision. So what the new steering technology hasn't been given as high marks as hydraulic. The technology in general that Infiniti attached to the steering is in a class by itself in terms of safety features.

That one person likes the Q styling and handling and one person hates the Q styling and handling is meaningless to me. The term "closed minded" and "fanboy" are thrown around like confetti at a home coming party.

Those who live in glass houses...

Now can we get back to Q vs before our friendly mod steps in to remind us?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

The only experience that counts in the automotive world is sales.
That's utter nonsense. It's a G forum. We talk about cars in the context of driving cars, not unit sales. Go back and look at Post #1, and take note potential sales was not one of the comparison topics undertaken by Road & Track.

Have you considered sharing your automotive opinions on a Camry forum? No offense intended, but the Camry is a great selling car, without all that unnecessary high-performance driving equipment, and it only comes in AT. Seems to check off all the right boxes for you. Best of all, you can talk all day about the Camry without ever actually driving it, and no one would notice.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-25-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:47 AM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's utter nonsense. It's a G forum. We talk about cars in the context of driving cars, not unit sales. Go back and look at Post #1, and take note potential sales was not one of the comparison topics undertaken by Road & Track.

Have you considered sharing your automotive opinions on a Camry forum? No offense intended, but the Camry is a great selling car, without all that unnecessary high-performance driving equipment, and it only comes in AT. Seems to check off all the right boxes for you. Best of all, you can talk all day about the Camry without ever actually driving it, and no one would notice.
Other than the G the Camry is my go to rental car. What would you like to know about it? Its a great car for what it is..must be..Toyota sells a bunch.. Don't worry about offending me, this is a car forum on the internet.

Dont laugh I almost bought the Camry instead of the G. For my 18 average mph, might have been a better choice.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:48 PM
halfshaft

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've driven a Sonota and the smaller one, elentra. from what i understand the genesis suffers from the same wallowitis. Not really interested. I don't care if for less money the engine is bigger and the vehicle is larger, if that were the yardstick, germany wouldn't sell a car, much less japan.

Because it is irrational. The genesis sedan is a proper rwd sedan with a very quiet and refined ride. A suspension that really soaks up the imperfections on the road and remains really compliant. The interior is very well made and fit and finish is excellent, the technology features are excellent too. The v6 is a great direct injected engine that is smooth and quiet fuel efficient and the 8 speed automatic is solid too. I would absolutely own one if I were in the market for such a car. Trying to form an opinion of the genesis after driving an elantra or sonata is just barking mad. It's of course your money, but I think you do yourself a disservice by not considering it if you are in the market for a comfortable and well made sedan.

Quick Reply: Road and Track Q50s vs