G37 Sedan

Road and Track Q50s vs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by keraxis
Thats the weight when they put it on the scale.
Weight difference could also be due to a pint of gas. I was just quoting the website, how the cars were weighed is out of my control.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by sniper27
My G has been to the dealer more for warranty work in the last 3 yrs than my Audi in 6 yrs.
It happens that way sometimes. The oft-quoted reliability gap between German and Japanese is overblown, IMO, however, why a car is bought is an individual decision based on whatever factors the purchaser wants to prioritize and evaluate.

Meh, I'm not hot on Audi's, however, I do wish that Infiniti had a real competitor to the 335 in the performance department.

However, I will say my ex-BMW dealership as far as I was concerned got very high marks in general, very professional.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 PM
rare37s

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think the new Q is nice. It looks better in person than tv. However it shouldn't replace the G especially at its price point (loaded 5?k) wish they would've put a new vq in it with more power that actually makes it to the wheels. Our G torque has never really beat the competition. This new Q steering will take a while to catch on and this is a 1st year model. If infiniti is listening they'll do a refresh and change/refresh motors, package structure etc. I hope they get the q coupe right and also make a killer 4 cylinder Turbo. Not many people went for the G25 as that ended quickly. Maybe this is why they decided to keep selling the G til 2015. Just in case the q flops. Just my 2 cents

Loving my anniversary g37 sedan

Last edited by rare37s; 09-23-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:34 AM
RA081224
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by keraxis
So i got my new road and track and low and behold the Q50s vs 335i, lexus is350f and the ATS 3.6. How do you think it went... Dead last.

All scores are out of 5... 5 being best
Steering feel. ...1.5 (last)
Handing............2.5 (last)
Ride.................4.5 (win)
Engine pull.........4
Exhaust note......3.5
Brake-pedal feel..3.5
Driver comfort and support....4
Exterior styling....2.5 (last)
Interior ergo/style..3.5
Gearbox..............3 (tie for last)

Fastest car of the bunch was the 335i in 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile
Fastest braking was ATS even though Q50 brakes are the biggest in test, comparison 80 to 0 in ats took 208ft vs Q50s 223ft
we are 3rd in roadhandling g's only beating the lexus

Editor notes say the Q50 gives absolutly no feedback at all in the steering. In a hard brake in second gear the Nanny came on and killed power for a second (car releaxed brake grip, pedal stiffend, and steering went numb.

since it now cost as much as the 335i we cant even claim they arnt in the same class.... Why couldnt they continue the way they had and been diffrent than the rest. thats what attracted most of us to the brand in the first place.
I'm getting the idea that Infiniti went about making a luxury sport sedan that anyone could drive and not get themselves wrapped around a telephone pole or in a ditch. Unfortunately, when you put a computer in control of a car, you toss performance out the window. Any time you make it easier for an unskilled driver to drive a car, you reduce the performance of the package.

All this wouldn't be necessarily a deal breaking issue if the car had the same appeal, lines and stance of the older versions. In its current form it looks more like a Lexus than an Infiniti
Old 09-24-2013, 12:38 AM
RA081224
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
I'm not sure what is sad. They addreessed tech concerns, have an alternate powerplant, stated more powerplants are on the way, have a great interior, handsome car...they have a winner.
In not sure about the majority of G owners; but there was a lot to be said for the fact that once upon a time the G was a comfortable, sexy car that was fun to drive. The current Q while perhaps marginally more luxurious, is not a fun car to drive
Old 09-24-2013, 12:45 AM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My G has been to the dealer more for warranty work in the last 3 yrs than my Audi in 6 yrs.
No issues with my Audi S5. My G37 has been fine too other than one episode where the battery was depleted for no apparent reason.

The Audi has a much higher quality feel on everything. I find the paint quality to be particularly disappointing on the G, but other than that it's ok for the price.

Audi in particular has been producing some amazing cars and engines over the last few years, and their reliability has been very good based on Truedelta, various owners' forums, and my own experience.

I love the driving experience of the S5. That supercharged V6 is just a really wonderful engine. The G37 isn't anywhere near the same league, but it's significantly less expensive, and drives better than most cars, so it's ok. The problem with the Q50S is that it's too close to the price of an S4...

Last edited by visualguy; 09-24-2013 at 12:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sniper27 (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:50 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Don't be too quick to dismiss German rides due to reliability, they've made big strides lately and Porsche is number 1 of all brands in reliability. I've been bitten pretty hard by poor BMW reliability but I'm going in w/ an open mind regarding the latest German offerings, they truly seem to be making progress in that department.
I do really like my Porsche. Very pleased so far.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
However, I will say my ex-BMW dealership as far as I was concerned got very high marks in general, very professional.
Not here in Rochester, NY. Our one and only BMW dealership is staffed by arrogant posers that all have something stuck up their bum. Really deep, too.

Originally Posted by Tazicon
I do really like my Porsche. Very pleased so far.
I have very limited experience with friends who've owned Porsche over my lifetime. It's all been positive, and the cars were each a work of art, both in design and mechanics. Lately I've been seeing "next car" as a Porcshe Cayman. It would be a used car, under $40k, and probably not for another 6 to 8 years. But that plan is totally feasible.

Daydreamin'
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 AM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by Absinthe
In not sure about the majority of G owners; but there was a lot to be said for the fact that once upon a time the G was a comfortable, sexy car that was fun to drive. The current Q while perhaps marginally more luxurious, is not a fun car to drive
How do you know it's not a fun car? Who said, how does anybody know my expectations. Right now my G isn't all that fun, I'm willing to bet the Q is more fun.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Rochester
Administrator

How do you know it's not a fun car?
He probably drove it.

Right now my G isn't all that fun, I'm willing to bet the Q is more fun.
What was your driving experience like with the Q50? Did you launch the car? Did you push for under/oversteer? Did you drive the AWD or RWD? How about the Q50S? What did you think of Normal vs. Sport Mode? How about those cushy sport seats compared to your un-fun xS?

Last edited by Rochester; 09-24-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:35 AM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by Rochester
He probably drove it.

What was your driving experience like with the Q50? Did you launch the car? Did you push for under/oversteer? Did you drive the AWD or RWD? How about the Q50S? What did you think of Normal vs. Sport Mode? How about those cushy sport seats compared to your un-fun xS?
i haven't driven the q yet. However my model of choice is the awd hybrid. My average mph over a week is 18 over roads that shake my teeth out. Pushing it for over/under steer will get one a ticket as well as it is exceedingly dangerous given the congestion. I don't lanuch my g, won't be launching the q. As i said I want a good DD, no snarky remarks about a civic please.

BMWs have a more compliant ride, which is why I say the g is no longer fun. the roads have deteriorated in a few years, but thankfully a lot of repaving is ongoing. I don't have a problem with the pleather and I don't want/need the sports package.

I do not expect to have any isses with the steering although I'm prepared for a difference.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

i haven't driven the q yet. However my model of choice is the awd hybrid. My average mph over a week is 18 over roads that shake my teeth out. Pushing it for over/under steer will get one a ticket as well as it is exceedingly dangerous given the congestion. I don't lanuch my g, won't be launching the q. As i said I want a good DD, no snarky remarks about a civic please.

BMWs have a more compliant ride, which is why I say the g is no longer fun. the roads have deteriorated in a few years, but thankfully a lot of repaving is ongoing. I don't have a problem with the pleather and I don't want/need the sports package.

I do not expect to have any isses with the steering although I'm prepared for a difference.

I know everyone has different automotive values, but I can't relate to that at all.

Perhaps you should look at the Toyota Avalon? That's not snarky, it's actually good advice. It's a really well-priced, upscale sedan for people who don't (or can't) enjoy driving but like to have a nice car.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-24-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:30 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I still stand by my xS riding worse than my S without the added byproduct of improved handling...
Old 09-24-2013, 12:11 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

I know everyone has different automotive values, but I can't relate to that at all.

Perhaps you should look at the Toyota Avalon? That's not snarky, it's actually good advice. It's a really well-priced, upscale sedan for people who don't (or can't) enjoy driving but like to have a nice car.
Or a Lexus ES350.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Or a Lexus ES350.
Or the Hyundai Genesis Sedan.

Quick Reply: Road and Track Q50s vs