G37 Sedan

Road and Track Q50s vs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 PM
keraxis

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Lack of identity sums it up... much a someone with skisofreenia its not sure who it is. It went from one of the best drivers cars in its price range to a technology center on wheel but like someone with multiple personalities didnt keep the first personalities traits. Honestly women seem to gravitate to lexus is class. Refinement to BMW and amg gets the gear heads that seem to want speed and refinement. Infiniti used to be like amg alittle except slower. Now its like toyota.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
That's almost exactly opposite of my take on the Q, funny how polarizing this car is, at least on this forum. IMO it's a mix of too many other cars and not enough of what made the G such a success, and I think the overall look doesn't work
I know..from what I can remember from comments in this board:

- the grill's is butt ugly
- too much tech and not enough performance as compared to the G
- Infiniti screwed up without offering any other engine choices than the 3.7
- it's turned into a "chick" car
- don't buy it's the first year
- no m/t
- it's heavier and smaller than the G
- and my personal favorite....they ripped off the car design from Hyundai
- the back looks like a Sonota
- the sides look like a Mazda
- to expensive when the car is loaded with tech
Old 09-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
I know..from what I can remember from comments in this board:

- the grill's is butt ugly
- too much tech and not enough performance as compared to the G
- Infiniti screwed up without offering any other engine choices than the 3.7
- it's turned into a "chick" car
- don't buy it's the first year
- no m/t
- it's heavier and smaller than the G
- the sides look like a Mazda
- to expensive when the car is loaded with tech
THAT'S IT!!!

That's the list. Nice collection. I'm going to bookmark this post for reference the next time I need some talking points.

Can we amend it? Let's see... the sport wheels are hideous, the sport seats are way too soft, the non-leather material on the base Q is noticeably down-scale, the dual screens don't match. Other than that, no MT, no MT, no MT.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:41 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by rochester
that's it!!!

that's the list. The whole list. Nice collection. I'm going to bookmark this post for reference the next time i need some talking points.

lol... :jamin:
Old 09-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Oh, and run flats. OMG the horror of run-flats.

And damn... those obvious cup-holders. The most important component of any car competing in the North American market. Cup-holders.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:27 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
And damn... those obvious cup-holders. The most important component of any car competing in the North American market. Cup-holders.
The list does hit the obvious points but I'm surprised how bad the cup holders on the G are so poorly designed. They don't hold the large cups that Americans like to use. Did Infiniti hire a German to design their cup holders?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 AM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KEG97
The list does hit the obvious points but I'm surprised how bad the cup holders on the G are so poorly designed. They don't hold the large cups that Americans like to use. Did Infiniti hire a German to design their cup holders?
Apparently the Japanese use small cups too.
Get the Cadillac it might have large cup holders.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 229 Posts
The only thing I use a cupholder for is to hold my iPhone while it's charging. If I want a larger cupholder, I drive my wife's Pilot (it has a place for her purse as well, a selling feature on these cars).

I think Infiniti will get the formula right with the next few revs of this car and disagree that it's a complete failure. At the end of the day, it's a reliable RWD Japanese performance sedan - and there's just not many of those left.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:37 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Most of these talking points against the Q50 sounds like a bunch of 'emotional' whines rather then pointing out weakness of the Q50.

- the grill's is butt ugly (This is subjective, same can be said about the G, people called the G grill Fish face)

- too much tech and not enough performance as compared to the G (Really? too much tech is a problem, can you not order these techs and save money at the same time?)
- Infiniti screwed up without offering any other engine choices than the 3.7 (Yes, same as the G, how sad!)
- it's turned into a "chick" car (Emotional cry out from macho guy on his way to buy more LEDs for the G)
- don't buy it's the first year (Ok, lets wake up early and line up for a CLA)
- no m/t (Agreed, but are you driving an MT right now?)
- it's heavier and smaller than the G (This is bs, the Q is lighter, lower and wider then the G)
- the sides look like a Mazda ()
- to expensive when the car is loaded with tech (Which car company offer additional tech for free?)

Flame suit on, shield on... I am outta here..
Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by socketz67
The only thing I use a cupholder for is to hold my iPhone while it's charging. If I want a larger cupholder, I drive my wife's Pilot (it has a place for her purse as well, a selling feature on these cars).

I think Infiniti will get the formula right with the next few revs of this car and disagree that it's a complete failure. At the end of the day, it's a reliable RWD Japanese performance sedan - and there's just not many of those left.
So you really choose what vehicle you drive according to the size of your drink?

I find myself choosing the G over the other cars in the garage despite the cup holders

I do agree that Infiniti will get the adjustments done correctly- unless the market is truly driving these changes. There is a chance that us on this board are an anomaly and the driver's car is going the way of the horse and buggy.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by CodeG
Yep. About 30 of the last 32 years of driving.

That's an odd question, CodeG, since the people frustrated by this decision are very likely people who prefer manual transmissions.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:23 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ Its a legit complain, but most G has automatic trans. My other car has a manual transmission, and I always preferred manual trans. The G is for my wife. But you can see most the G/Q demographic only drive automatic...
People complaints about no manual trans in the Q50, but don't buy manual trans, that's my point.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Wongster
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ Its a legit complain, but most G has automatic trans. My other car has a manual transmission, and I always preferred manual trans. The G is for my wife. But you can see most the G/Q demographic only drive automatic...
People complaints about no manual trans in the Q50, but don't buy manual trans, that's my point.
What's the sales rate of 6MT sedans, around 5% of total G sedan sales? It might have been higher if Infiniti had used a better MT as the clutch sucks and the transmission is noisy.

I still prefer a MT, but I know that I am in the minority.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wongster
What's the sales rate of 6MT sedans, around 5% of total G sedan sales?
I'd be very surprised if it were that high. 1% or less seems more likely.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM
keraxis

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
curb weight

Q50-3766 pounds
g37-3628 pounds
nissan GTR- 3827 pounds -why are we catching up to this is weight....
New gagets add weight. There are lighter things on the car but over all its becoming a pig. infiniti should have offered its smaller turbo engine and priced it to compete with the 328i since its now turbo. Gas mileage on the 328i is 23/33. Not bad when you look at the power curve.

styling is subjective though and yes my g is a manual just like my last one was.

Most of these talking points against the Q50 sounds like a bunch of 'emotional' whines rather then pointing out weakness of the Q50.

- the grill's is butt ugly (This is subjective, same can be said about the G, people called the G grill Fish face)

- too much tech and not enough performance as compared to the G (Really? too much tech is a problem, can you not order these techs and save money at the same time?)
- Infiniti screwed up without offering any other engine choices than the 3.7 (Yes, same as the G, how sad!)
- it's turned into a "chick" car (Emotional cry out from macho guy on his way to buy more LEDs for the G)
- don't buy it's the first year (Ok, lets wake up early and line up for a CLA)
- it's heavier and smaller than the G (This is bs, the Q is lighter, lower and wider then the G)
- the sides look like a Mazda ()
- to expensive when the car is loaded with tech (Which car company offer additional tech for free?)

Flame suit on, shield on... I am outta here..

Quick Reply: Road and Track Q50s vs