G37 Sedan

Road and Track Q50s vs

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
When I was selling my '09 xS, not a single female contacted me on it, for any reason. All men from late 30's to early 50's, I would guess.

There are occasional women who truly value performance, but few and far between. My wife thinks my Acura TL was the best car I've ever owned, and that I've been going downhill ever since.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:50 AM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jethro
I really do not think Vettel was on board soon enough to really influence the Q50. Seemed to me that it was already pretty done once he was given the director position.
Maybe Vettel actually wants a nicer, more comfortable riding street car. He has no thing to prove on the street like many of the "road warrior" and " magazine racer around here.
Here is my take:
The Q is lower, wider, and lighter then the G. Maybe you guy don't like nicer interior, but that is a mark for an entry level luxury car. Basically the Q50 is a refreshed G, so I do not understand what is all the cryings are all about. Don't like the adjustable steering then don't buy that option, it will actually costs you less! Option the car accordingly and price is not that much different then G pricing.
Yes the Q50 has not blow out its competition, but it is a better car then the G. Or take the Q money and go buy German 4 cyl turbo, slower and more expensive but "newer".
Old 09-14-2013, 02:13 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
HAHA Yea..That's probably a base model Q..I picked up mu Fully Loaded Sport 6MT for $36 OTD!! Now a new Sport Q50 Starts at over $40K! Crazy!!

Originally Posted by LexiG37
The Q50 starts at $37,500 up here in Canada. $36,700 in the USA. Not bad, really.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:01 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 273 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'd agree, 50% of sedan owners are probably female.

Coupe owners? Certainly less than that. Sedan 6MT owners? Even less still.

And then there's the gender gap here on the forum, which is probably 100:1.
I think online discussion forums outside of Pintrest are pretty much always sausage-fests, let alone automotive discussion forums.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by CodeG
Yes the Q50 has not blow out its competition, but it is a better car then the G. Or take the Q money and go buy German 4 cyl turbo, slower and more expensive but "newer".

This is the competition as stated by any car person, any comparison in magazines is made to these

Audi S4 0-60- 4.7sec, 1/4mile- 13.3 sec
335is- 0-60- 4.4 sec, 1/4mile- 13.0 sec

Are we comparing suspensions on all three cars as well? If so this "weekend warrior" and "street racer" says blow out on all fronts. Sorry guy there's no spin on this one, no matter how u look at it the numbers and suspensions speak for themselves. Not considering a tune will get you 100+ horses from both the Audi and BMW, a tune will get u a headache on the Q. There is no comparing these 3 cars, the slow Germans are killin it
Old 09-14-2013, 11:28 AM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Q hasn't blown out anybody in any competition yet...even the 328i can keep pace with the Q let alone the 335i, the Q is a update to the G in terms of refinment.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Basically the Q50 is a refreshed G, so I do not understand what is all the cryings are all about. Don't like the adjustable steering then don't buy that option, it will actually costs you less! Option the car accordingly and price is not that much different then G pricing.
I don't see the Q50 as a refreshed G. It's supposed to be a totally new and redesigned model to replace the G. If the G37 got a slight redesign or a "refresh", then sure.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:57 PM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe Vettel actually wants a nicer, more comfortable riding street car. He has no thing to prove on the street like many of the "road warrior" and " magazine racer around here.
This could be true. The $155k FX50 Vettel edition isn't really all that impressive in terms of performance when you compare it to its rivals in the same price range.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:52 PM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
unless vettel is going to pay Infiniti millions of dollars for sales of the Q. It doesn't matter what he wants, it matters what the buyers want.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya
Saw a few new IS, 1 white Q the other day. Thought it was a Sonata from behind. Not kidding.

The IS is definitely beating Q's sales so far.
Lol, I saw a black Q50 on the road for the first time today, pulled up behind while it was sitting at a light and until I got to within 30 feet I could have sworn it was a Sonata as well. That back end is so generic looking. Pulled up beside it after to check out the side view and then got in front of it to check out the front end, I don't know if it was the color which hid some of the lines, but it had no presence on the road visually. Maybe because it seems every car on the road now incorporates these hard lines including family sedans. It's hard to describe but there was nothing about it that made me want to stare at it. The only thing that stuck out was the grill but only because it reminded me of the Lexus.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Seeing the Q in person and one on the road it makes me a bit sad, like we've lost something that we'll never get back. I guess that's progress
Old 09-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Just saw a Q50 commercial on TV and the whole thing was about how nice would it be to have a car that could detect a possible collision 2 cars ahead. They barely showed the car, mostly showed an 18 wheeler possibly rear ending another car. Who the hell is a the head of the marketing dept at Infiniti? They seemed content into trying to make this car have the appeal of a Volvo. Good to know they are trying to market this car to soccer moms. That should really help sales LOL.

Even the music was sleep inducing. I've seen more exciting commercial about Corollas.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
JThey seemed content into trying to make this car have the appeal of a Volvo.
Not for nothing, but Volvo makes a fine sporty sedan out of their S60, with a truly excellent interior quality. But for marketing... yes, you're right. The Q50 marketing completely and utterly sucks.

No, wait! Their teaser animation of the eagle-eye headlights before the reveal! Remember that? That was pretty cool. How disappointing the rest of the car doesn't share the ineffable quality of that teaser.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:34 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The sales figures will show how Infinity is doing. Personally I like the idea of the hybrid. But we'll have to see.

I personally don't care if the 335is is faster, doesn't bother me one bit. My first needs would be a good DD, not a track machine. The Q seems to be a good mix of all qualities as well as a handsome looking car.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
The Q seems to be a good mix of all qualities as well as a handsome looking car.
That's almost exactly opposite of my take on the Q, funny how polarizing this car is, at least on this forum. IMO it's a mix of too many other cars and not enough of what made the G such a success, and I think the overall look doesn't work
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (09-20-2013)

Quick Reply: Road and Track Q50s vs