G37 Sedan

Road and Track Q50s vs

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 03:22 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
It is too bad Hyundai cannot making a communicative steering system to save their life. Numb, dull and artificial. I'v driven them all, have yet to find a good steering in a Hyundai.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
I'm one of those who wouldn't consider a Hyundai...at least not right now. Just like I couldn't buy a Buick...at least not right now. My perception of them (although vastly improved) still harkens back to that nasty boxy Excel that first came out. They are making great strides though and belong right up there near Toyota/Honda/Nissan.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:02 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by halfshaft
Because it is irrational. The genesis sedan is a proper rwd sedan with a very quiet and refined ride. A suspension that really soaks up the imperfections on the road and remains really compliant. The interior is very well made and fit and finish is excellent, the technology features are excellent too. The v6 is a great direct injected engine that is smooth and quiet fuel efficient and the 8 speed automatic is solid too. I would absolutely own one if I were in the market for such a car. Trying to form an opinion of the genesis after driving an elantra or sonata is just barking mad. It's of course your money, but I think you do yourself a disservice by not considering it if you are in the market for a comfortable and well made sedan.
Not irrational. My opinion, I am not interested because I am not interested. Same for Caddy, Audi. If at this time I were in the market for such a vehicle it would be either the M or 535. I didn't form an opinion of the genesis from the Sonata, I merely said the steering was terrible and I understand that to be the case for the Genesis. At any rate nothing about the brand makes me want to throw my money at it.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Not irrational. My opinion, I am not interested because I am not interested. Same for Caddy, Audi. If at this time I were in the market for such a vehicle it would be either the M or 535.
halfshaft is right, that was irrational. You can like a color or a flavor for no particular reason, which is a kind of simplicity that doesn't warrant discussion. Cars are more complex than colors. Without articulating the factors that go into an opinion like this, it's just a statement, as in, "I like blue." That's not an opinion, and there's no actual discussion, so the statement is personal, and worthless when shared... particularly when it's not rooted in experience.

This is a car forum. If you're not here to discuss cars (the G in particular), then you're just trolling.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-26-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 AM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by Rochester
halfshaft is right, that was irrational. You can like a color for no particular reason, and that kind of simplicity doesn't warrant discussion. Cars are more complex than colors. Without articulating the factors that go into an opinion like this, it's just a statement, as in, "I like blue." There's no actual discussion, so the opinion is worthless.

This is a car forum. If you're not here to discuss cars (the G in particular), then you're just trolling.
Cars are not complex to me, either I like one I don't. And not liking a color because is as valid as any other reason. There is some emotion behind a cars value to you and that can't be quantified. It is not just R and T hates the steering, end of discussion. They are not the benchmark to which I like cars, although I enjoy the mag.

If you don't think my posts are of value to you, I promise I won't be upset if you use the ignore button.

And to add to the above if you are here to discuss the poster, not the posts it's against forum rules.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Actually, there's a great deal of value in having members read and respond to your posts. It helps to qualify automotive values by discussing them in the context of not seeming to have any. Please continue, because there's no actual animosity, I'm just trying to figure out what your contributions are to the discussion, and why you're bothering.

As for being on- or off-topic... it's yet another wide open Q50 thread wallowing in a G-Forum. I test drove the Q50S as soon as that opportunity was available. You should test drive the car. Go test drive the car.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-26-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 AM
g37guy01

I appreciate that.

when I took my car in for service I wanted to drive the hybrid, but no vehicles were available. If i were to go for an Infiniti after the G, that would be the model. Of course, tastes change, cars change, I may be bitten by a completely different bug. I don't know. maybe the M or 535.

right now my top quest for a test drive is the hybrid AWD. I really hope the paint is better on these new models..my hood just got another friggin gouge from a truck throwing debris.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Then I'll look for your review of the Hybrid when the car becomes available. I suspect whatever it is you're expecting out of that car will not be what's emphasized by R&T, MT, C&D, etc. Just as likely, it won't be representative of the cumulative preferences here... so be prepared for stick & stones.

When is the Hybrid going to be available?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
I appreciate that.

when I took my car in for service I wanted to drive the hybrid, but no vehicles were available. If i were to go for an Infiniti after the G, that would be the model. Of course, tastes change, cars change, I may be bitten by a completely different bug. I don't know. maybe the M or 535.

right now my top quest for a test drive is the hybrid AWD. I really hope the paint is better on these new models..my hood just got another friggin gouge from a truck throwing debris.
^^^Your posts and vehicle comparisons are hurting my head.... All wheel drive q50 hybrid and a 535 and then an M???? I know your going to try to justify your way of thinking, because for 78 pages that's what you've done and I think you actually believe what your saying, but that doesn't change anything.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 AM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by Seraphix
^^^Your posts and vehicle comparisons are hurting my head.... All wheel drive q50 hybrid and a 535 and then an M???? I know your going to try to justify your way of thinking, because for 78 pages that's what you've done and I think you actually believe what your saying, but that doesn't change anything.
don't you think about future vehicle purchases? Is it just one model? the M, 535 and Q are in the same ballpark. Not like F350, elantra, aston martin.

anyway I agree, this thread is all over the place.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Seraphix

I do, I'm not questioning the fact that your looking into future vehicle purchases, I'm questioning why the awd hybrid q50 would be considered similar to the 535 and the M. The only thing similar is the price, and that's a sad place to be for Infiniti. We were the best bang for the buck, a moderation of performance and luxury. Decent power, the sport models were very well balanced compared to their rivals in their class. No matter how it's spun here performance has taken a back seat, yes it is similar to the G37 some would say is that bad? Yes it's a previous Gen!!!! It's bad, the competition have stepped it up and were well behind the curve now. The M that your comparing to the Q hybrid is so anti hybrid and anti Q it's not even funny bro. That's all I'm saying I'm going to get of my rant and my soap box....
Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I've had a M37 loaner a few times. While it's nice inside, the exterior is bleh and it drives like a slug and a pig. It's basically just an overweight G and is nothing compared to a 535. Again, you're better off with a Genesis sedan and save yourself 10k if that's the type of car you're looking for. But we know you're not open to consider it just because.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

You guys got your cars mixed up. "M" as in BMW M-Series, in which case... which model? Or "M" as in the Infiniti M37? In which case, shouldn't we start calling that the Q70 anyway? Regardless, the M37/Q70 would compare better to the 528i, not the 535i. All of which are more car than g37guy01 admittedly needs or uses, but apparently wants sight unseen.

Normally I like discussing next-car with people, but this is getting nonsensical.

don't you think about future vehicle purchases?
All the time, man. I'm doing it right now.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Seraphix

Originally Posted by Rochester
You guys got your cars mixed up. "M" as in BMW M-Series, in which case... which model? Or "M" as in the Infiniti M37? In which case, shouldn't we start calling that the Q70 anyway? Regardless, the M37/Q70 would compare better to the 528i, not the 535i. All of which are more car than g37guy01 admittedly needs or uses, but apparently wants sight unseen.

Normally I like discussing next-car with people, but this is getting nonsensical.

All the time, man. I'm doing it right now.

Yeah I assumed he's talking about the M as in BMW man. Which is exactly like u said, from his posts it's absolutely not what he should be considering
Old 09-26-2013, 03:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
What was this thread about?

Quick Reply: Road and Track Q50s vs