G37 Sedan

What I was hoping for in the Q50

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:16 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Maybe Infiniti doesn't want the bad publicity as with Cadillacs' infotainment system.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DONTTASEMEBRO
another thing is why hasnt Infiniti let the car reviewers get there hands on the car and see what they say about it? If they are confident they made a challenger to BMW then let them have it just like the new IS.
MT did it, and was only positive on its new tech gadgets. This is sad, cars in this class are not supposed to do best as an entertainment center and automaticity. It has the same problem as F30, and is why ATS and IS come on top.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:41 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Actually saw my first Q50 commercial on TV last night.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
Actually saw my first Q50 commercial on TV last night.
Was it the one where the white male, 30-something, business creature was pulled off the assembly line and given a Q50 instead of something horribly German?

Did you notice the look of wonder on his face? I think that was the moment he realized his car looked exactly like Mazda 6, but with a pearl necklace and a 10 year old powertrain.
The following users liked this post:
EatShtRochester (08-22-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by 00Max00
MT did it, and was only positive on its new tech gadgets. This is sad, cars in this class are not supposed to do best as an entertainment center and automaticity. It has the same problem as F30, and is why ATS and IS come on top.
F30 sales are good, up 8.5%, according to goodcarbadcar.net. 3 series sold 59k, ats sold 22k, g combined sold 27k, IS sold 14k. So to some people there is no problem.

What the Q does going forward is anybodys guess.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:26 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by Rochester
Was it the one where the white male, 30-something, business creature was pulled off the assembly line and given a Q50 instead of something horribly German?

Did you notice the look of wonder on his face? I think that was the moment he realized his car looked exactly like Mazda 6, but with a pearl necklace and a 10 year old powertrain.
I'm not sure your recent raft of snarky comments does a lot for your forum uhhh standing. Just sayin'.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by g37guy01
I'm not sure your recent raft of snarky comments does a lot for your forum uhhh standing. Just sayin'.
Whatever your problem is with me, you'd be best to PM me directly, and I'll be happy to discuss it privately. Showcasing that chip on your shoulder isn't doing your forum uhhh standing any favors. In the meantime, I'm quite content relaying my opinions on things in a way that doesn't directly and lamely besmirch another member.

And in the context of the Q50 discussions of late, I suggest you actually, you know... drive the car.

Lighten up, g37guy01. It's a car forum, full of opinions about cars. I can't be responsible for you not liking mine.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

At about 5 seconds into this commercial, I think I see someone with dark skin reflected in the glass.

But you have to really look for it.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 PM
g37guy01

I will test drive the beast, when I bring in my car for an regular maintenance service, which isn't for another 1000 miles. Even though the dealer is only 5 miles away, has a beautiful facility, free food, coffee, I'm a busy person to waste time like that.

Sorry that you didn't like my comment about your post.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts

No, it was just a Q50 in every angles and showcasing the interior. Nothing that will drop your pants.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by g37guy01
I will test drive the beast, when I bring in my car for an regular maintenance service, which isn't for another 1000 miles. Even though the dealer is only 5 miles away, has a beautiful facility, free food, coffee, I'm a busy person to waste time like that.
That's OK, man, not everyone likes to drive cars just for the fun of it. You're a busy guy without bandwidth for that kind of nonsense, and I respect that.

When you do get around to it, be sure to PM me a link to your review. I'd very much like to read it.

Peace.

Last edited by Rochester; 08-20-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
At about 5 seconds into this commercial, I think I see someone with dark skin reflected in the glass.

But you have to really look for it.

Infiniti Q50 Commercial - Factory of Life - YouTube

Whoever is in charge marketing at Infiniti is totally out to lunch. That commercial showed me nothing except that this the dash has alot of toys that I will never use and it will take me a good month to figure out what everything does and that the car is really good going in a straight line.

The majority of G37 buyers could care less about tech in thier car. In fact it's probably a detriment to sales for that segment because a dual touch screen with a million different options intimidates alot of older buyers. it's the 20 something crowd that finds that appealing and the vast majority of those people cannot afford and will not buy a Q50s.

I'm just trying to figure out what will make this car appealing to buyers in the entry luxury market? The looks are polarizing so no big advantage there. They numbed up the ride so the fun factor is gone and yes BMW did the same thing but they have the cache and status which makes thier sales virtually bulletproof because they're German and that's something Infiniti will never have. I still maintain this car is gonna be a sales disaster by it's 2nd year. It has nothing to hang it's hat on. What makes me want to buy this car besides the mostly useless tech gadgets?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:32 AM
ExtraCrispy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
Whoever is in charge marketing at Infiniti is totally out to lunch. That commercial showed me nothing except that this the dash has alot of toys that I will never use and it will take me a good month to figure out what everything does and that the car is really good going in a straight line.

The majority of G37 buyers could care less about tech in thier car. In fact it's probably a detriment to sales for that segment because a dual touch screen with a million different options intimidates alot of older buyers. it's the 20 something crowd that finds that appealing and the vast majority of those people cannot afford and will not buy a Q50s.

I'm just trying to figure out what will make this car appealing to buyers in the entry luxury market? The looks are polarizing so no big advantage there. They numbed up the ride so the fun factor is gone and yes BMW did the same thing but they have the cache and status which makes thier sales virtually bulletproof because they're German and that's something Infiniti will never have. I still maintain this car is gonna be a sales disaster by it's 2nd year. It has nothing to hang it's hat on. What makes me want to buy this car besides the mostly useless tech gadgets?
Well said. I saw the 2nd ad today, which shows the accident avoidance tech which I'm guessing applies brakes etc, which the reviews have said makes the drive feel even less involving.

So far I haven't seen any mention of performance, handling etc from Infiniti, it's clear they are going after a different crowd. You cannot sell a $40k car based on tech alone when that tech isn't even the best and lacks a lot of features.

I will admit the informatics is nice and easy to use compared to the complicated systems the Germans have, only Audis MMI seems to be usable, but this is becoming common in entry level cars and is just software, not engineering.

Why Infiniti is trying to drive away their loyal G customers is beyond me.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:24 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
I love how everyone on this forum believes they're Infiniti's target customer, we're far from them guys, we're like their minority. Infiniti's definition of performance does not revolve around 0-60 and skid pad figures, it's more about technology, bells and whistles and all the fancy gadgets. Wait till you see all their upcoming cars and specs. Modding Infiniti's will become a nightmare lol
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
I love how everyone on this forum believes they're Infiniti's target customer, we're far from them guys, we're like their minority. Infiniti's definition of performance does not revolve around 0-60 and skid pad figures, it's more about technology, bells and whistles and all the fancy gadgets. Wait till you see all their upcoming cars and specs. Modding Infiniti's will become a nightmare lol
Well said Sam, and although it seems to be true it's still quite sad
Infiniti (at least the G line) was about performance and trying to be mentioned in the same breath as a 3 series.
Oh well, it was a good run

Quick Reply: What I was hoping for in the Q50