G37 Sedan

Sport Package Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:12 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Micron
What DEFINES that you NEED FWD/RWD? Your profile states you're in Boston? Lynnfield (closest NOAA pull) got a total of 76.5 inches of snow from 2012-2013... My hometown and the area surrounding it in WV got over 60" in just one storm. Again, RWD running all seasons. Not city like Boston and surrounding, but mountains. Other folks run RWD fine as well.

You don't NEED a non-RWD vehicle for snow, but society had groomed you to think that. Much like SUVs are only safer when not driven like an over-confident moron because statistics show folks drive them more aggressively from their perceived safety, thus negating any increased safety.

I even had to fight my wife over the RWD issue and she ate humble pie after our first winter with my G.

A solid understanding (lacking with most driver) of driving in wintery conditions and making sure your tires have appropriate tread and inflation will do more for driving in snow than ANY drive train selection!
I'm not disagreeing with you regarding RWD is not possible, but "HERE IN BOSTON AREA" it pretty much is, due to the manner of how most people drive!
As you stated, some SUV owners drive without any clue when it comes to bad weather...this is actually the case with most MA drivers, driving SUV's or not!
When I mention "BOSTON" this is not just within the city limits, but all over NE.

My main concern is safety, for my family & myself.
An AWD vehicle gives me "more" peace of mind.

As far as my driving experience, I had a Lexus IS300 (RWD) and didn't have any issues with driving in the snow as long as it was equipped with snow tires!
We are pretty much on the same page regarding how to drive in the winter with RWD vehicles.

We should continue with OP original questions regarding the Sport Package......
Old 08-20-2013, 11:35 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I think the OPs question has been answered over and over haha. Now we are just comparing driving experience of sport package vs non sport package.