G37 Sedan

Well got into an accident today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 PM
Yoshi

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
Well got into an accident today... w/pics

First off let me just say that I'm fine, just sore neck and shoulder. I did go to the hospital just to be safe.

I just recently traded in my 2012 G25x in for this 2013 G37S 6MT it only has less then 2500 miles on it. I'm crushed....

I was traveling down though Kenmore here in Washington. A lady in a CRV pulled out from a store on my right trying to cross 4 lanes onto the opposite direction I was traveling. I don't know if she saw me and all the other cars I was grouped with but either way she pulled out slowly, I tried swerving because I wanted to try saving my car, I knew if I slammed on the brakes I would had ended up going into her door. That however did not work according to plan. she ended up hitting me. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw the air bags deployed and got out of the car and saw with my own eyes. The police came right away after I called and put her at fault for not yielding to traffic. I also felt bad for her cause she felt so bad and kept apologizing to me.

I already dropped the car off at a good body shop (they are doing all the body work and paint on my S14 drift car) I went though so many emotions just today. I finally got the car I really wanted and then this happens not even 2 months later.

Do you guys think this is going to get totaled? She also hit the rear wheel and rear bumper slightly.

Last edited by Yoshi; 07-31-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:32 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Eww. Glad you are okay. But I know the feeling of getting your car into a crash...it really stinks.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Sucks to see that Yoshi, had almost the exact same damage on my drivers side back in late April. Glad to hear you're feeling OK but be sure to check back w/ the doctor just to be sure nothing's lingering.
Ours took 5 weeks to repair & cost $8k (covered by other drivers' State Farm Insurance). Had to replace both doors, center pillar, and bottom rocker. We weren't in the car so no air bag deployment. Looks like yours whas hit in almost the exact height up from the unibody rail, if so your repair should be similar in cost, although mine didn't go past the rear door and yours continues on a bit. If the rail was damaged all bets are off. Good luck through this, and hope you still feel OK down the road. Here's a pic of mine for reference~

Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Yoshi

Originally Posted by solutionman
Holy **** dude, that looks soon bad. Make sure you get the frame checked that its not bent. That could salvage your car easily
Yeah I think I'm going to stop by the body shop tomorrow to take a better look

Originally Posted by g37guy01
Eww. Glad you are okay. But I know the feeling of getting your car into a crash...it really stinks.
yeah it def does!

Originally Posted by blnewt
Sucks to see that Yoshi, had almost the exact same damage on my drivers side back in late April. Glad to hear you're feeling OK but be sure to check back w/ the doctor just to be sure nothing's lingering.
Ours took 5 weeks to repair & cost $8k (covered by other drivers' State Farm Insurance). Had to replace both doors, center pillar, and bottom rocker. We weren't in the car so no air bag deployment. Looks like yours whas hit in almost the exact height up from the unibody rail, if so your repair should be similar in cost, although mine didn't go past the rear door and yours continues on a bit. If the rail was damaged all bets are off. Good luck through this, and hope you still feel OK down the road. Here's a pic of mine for reference~

Oh wow. I do think they hit the bottom rocker because my side skirt is tweaked. b pillar def got hit hard as well. Thanks for showing me your car, helps to kinda figure out how much damages there is.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey neighbor! Sorry to hear about your accident. It always sucks, and especially painful on a brand new car that you just got. I know how you feel. My 09 X was rear ended on 405 in Kirkland, and ended up being totaled.

BTW, I would recommend Aldercrest body shop in Lynnwood. They seem to know what they doing and don’t milk your insurance for change orders to get the work. If there is a chance your car will get totaled, they will give you that estimate.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Yoshi

Originally Posted by FourT2
Hey neighbor! Sorry to hear about your accident. It always sucks, and especially painful on a brand new car that you just got. I know how you feel. My 09 X was rear ended on 405 in Kirkland, and ended up being totaled.

BTW, I would recommend Aldercrest body shop in Lynnwood. They seem to know what they doing and don’t milk your insurance for change orders to get the work. If there is a chance your car will get totaled, they will give you that estimate.
Oh dang I was on Bothell way headed towards Lake City.

Thanks for the info on body shop. I'm actually good friends with the owner of Greenwood Collision out on Greenwood ave in Seattle. I already dropped my car off there and ran through the process. Just gotta deal with insurance and my lawyer now.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn, very sorry to hear about the hit. At least you're okay for the most part. Good luck, my car was hit when it only had 6k miles and was 7 months old so I know the feeling!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 AM
CRiME
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Really sorry that this had to happen to you. Hoping that everything works out for the best and, as others have said, glad to see that you're more or less OK. Keep us posted on the repair status.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Damn bro that REALLY hurts to see..because you and I have the SAME EXACT CAR....

I am SO SORRY to see this brother....

Its even debadged just like yours

Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM
G37-Pearl

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
that's ugly i hope your ok
any one on the car with you ?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Yoshi

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Damn, very sorry to hear about the hit. At least you're okay for the most part. Good luck, my car was hit when it only had 6k miles and was 7 months old so I know the feeling!
Originally Posted by CRiME
Really sorry that this had to happen to you. Hoping that everything works out for the best and, as others have said, glad to see that you're more or less OK. Keep us posted on the repair status.
Thanks guys! I'll keep everyone in the loop on this.

Originally Posted by solutionman
actually, this is a very good opportunity for you if you play your cards right. the damage looks bad, so get a good lawyer and sue the **** out of the other driver. I can guarantee you will get at least $10,000 in pain and suffering. When I was rear ended last year and the damage looks about as bad as yours, I sued and got a settlement check of $15,000, LOL. just make sure you get a police report so she cant argue that you crossed a red light or stop sign. That's what insurance is for right? Thats why you pay those high premiums every year.
I did hire a lawyer but 10k min seems like a lot.

Originally Posted by chilibowl
Damn bro that REALLY hurts to see..because you and I have the SAME EXACT CAR....

I am SO SORRY to see this brother....

Its even debadged just like yours

Thanks man! I'm still in shock about my car.

Originally Posted by G37-Pearl
that's ugly i hope your ok
any one on the car with you ?
yeah I'm good and no one else was with me.

Originally Posted by chilibowl
How are you not banned yet? Do you have ANYTHING positive to contribute?

Sigh...

To the OP, I wish you the best in the repair of your baby....and if it cant be repaired, you will get a brand new baby
Thanks either way it will either be fixed or I'll be getting a new one.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM
thestumper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but you really should consider going after diminished/decreased value in this case. I'm not one to sue people until their wallet bleeds, but let's face it - no matter how well your car gets put back together (if it isn't totaled) thats definitely going to leave a mark on the CarFax report!

You should talk to your lawyer about it; insurance companies don't typically like to bring it up for obvious reasons, but it is real and you are entitled to ask for damages beyond repair. With a "major side impact/collision" on the report, it may be relegated to "auction" status if you ever decide to trade it.

Regardless, glad that you are OK. I posted my (extremely) minor rear ender a while back and after seeing your pics, I'm almost embarrassed that I said anything.

Good luck!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:06 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
If you are located in: Delaware,Indiana, Florida, Maine, Mass., S. Carolina, S. Dakota, Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Penn, Tenn, Wisconsin...I think it will be difficult to file and win a diminished value claim.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
If you are located in: Delaware,Indiana, Florida, Maine, Mass., S. Carolina, S. Dakota, Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Penn, Tenn, Wisconsin...I think it will be difficult to file and win a diminished value claim.
Add New Mexico as well, no precedent there
Old 08-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Yoshi

Originally Posted by thestumper
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but you really should consider going after diminished/decreased value in this case. I'm not one to sue people until their wallet bleeds, but let's face it - no matter how well your car gets put back together (if it isn't totaled) thats definitely going to leave a mark on the CarFax report!

You should talk to your lawyer about it; insurance companies don't typically like to bring it up for obvious reasons, but it is real and you are entitled to ask for damages beyond repair. With a "major side impact/collision" on the report, it may be relegated to "auction" status if you ever decide to trade it.

Regardless, glad that you are OK. I posted my (extremely) minor rear ender a while back and after seeing your pics, I'm almost embarrassed that I said anything.

Good luck!
Hey thanks for the reply and info on the diminished value claim.

I 100% agree with the car will always have the side impact on its history no matter how well the car is put back together and I much rather have the car totaled so I can just get a new one.

My buddy that owns the body shop already told me about the diminished value claim as well. I will be pursuing that and I'm also not a type that will try to get every single cent out of this however I will get enough to having to deal with such a headache.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Add New Mexico as well, no precedent there

I'm in Washington State and luckily we do have diminished value claims here.

Quick Reply: Well got into an accident today...