G37 Sedan

Well got into an accident today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 09:08 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura11TL
Not sure I will fit in here seeing as I own a 2011 Acura TL. Yoshi, I read your post and wanted to check in and see how you were doing.
Everybody fits in here...all comers are welcome.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:16 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
What did the repair cost end up tallying up to?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:45 PM
g37guy01

Those pics make my stomach queasy. Some person not knowing what they are doing, made a temporary mess of two peoples lives. Glad you're okay.

My son got into an accident, you can't believe what the vehicle looked like. However it was fixed up better than good. I'm a pita when it comes to my cars, and I couldn't tell the car even had a scratch. Good luck and hope everything works out.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:17 AM
Yoshi

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura11TL
Not sure I will fit in here seeing as I own a 2011 Acura TL. Yoshi, I read your post and wanted to check in and see how you were doing.
I wouldn't care what you owned. I do really appreciate you checking up on me. I'm doing alright, I ended up going to the chiropractors and got x-rays done. My spine is in great shape. only problem was my neck. it doesn't bend right when I look down, so from that I'm going to the chiropractors 3 times a week for a month.

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
What did the repair cost end up tallying up to?
first quote was about 9k from a guy that works for her insurance, however that is also before the body shop was able to even touch the car. Since they got the ok to start taking the car apart the guy will be coming back out to see all the "hidden" damages. my buddy that owns the body shop thinks it can be between 12-15k

Originally Posted by g37guy01
Those pics make my stomach queasy. Some person not knowing what they are doing, made a temporary mess of two peoples lives. Glad you're okay.

My son got into an accident, you can't believe what the vehicle looked like. However it was fixed up better than good. I'm a pita when it comes to my cars, and I couldn't tell the car even had a scratch. Good luck and hope everything works out.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad your son was ok in his car accident.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Yoshi

I also just ordered some STi-R clear lenses and buying some Osram CBI off my buddy. Since I have some down time on the car I'm going to pull off the headlights and fit those in. Can't wait!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Yoshi

Stopped by the body shop today.

The final quote from the shop was 17k!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Yoshi
Stopped by the body shop today.

The final quote from the shop was 17k!
Ouch!, having the airbags & seat involved really jumped the price up quite a bit I'm sure. What's the time frame for the repair? Mine took 5 weeks.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Yoshi

Originally Posted by blnewt
Ouch!, having the airbags & seat involved really jumped the price up quite a bit I'm sure. What's the time frame for the repair? Mine took 5 weeks.
Yeah it did! But the body shop had my car for 3 weeks already. They were told to stop after he gave the final price to the insurance company, but my buddy said he will try to get it done by end of the month. I hope that's the case!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM
g37guy01

17K...holy cow.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:20 AM
Yoshi

UPDATE

So Tuesday my buddy got the call and email with the final numbers from the insurance company. The final number is $17,500. He got the ok to work on it and he said I should get the car back by next week.

My car has been out for about a month now, mainly waiting for the insurance company to approve the work.

As much I would have wanted it totaled, I'm still happy to get my car back. I'm also having him paint few other things while my car is there too.

Thanks again everyone for your concerns and support!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Yoshi
UPDATE

So Tuesday my buddy got the call and email with the final numbers from the insurance company. The final number is $17,500. He got the ok to work on it and he said I should get the car back by next week.

My car has been out for about a month now, mainly waiting for the insurance company to approve the work.

As much I would have wanted it totaled, I'm still happy to get my car back. I'm also having him paint few other things while my car is there too.

Thanks again everyone for your concerns and support!
Hope your back is feeling better, sounds like it got the brunt of the force
Glad you're able to do a few things to your car while it's been repaired. Look forward to pics and further details.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Interesting ... I always thought the sensor in the front passenger seat was supposed to prevent airbags from firing if there is no passenger.

I guess it only stops the one in the dash.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Yoshi

Originally Posted by blnewt
Hope your back is feeling better, sounds like it got the brunt of the force
Glad you're able to do a few things to your car while it's been repaired. Look forward to pics and further details.
Yeah my back is starting to feel better, my neck on the other had still has a dull pain from my shoulder to my neck. However its definitely better since the accident

Originally Posted by terrycs
Interesting ... I always thought the sensor in the front passenger seat was supposed to prevent airbags from firing if there is no passenger.

I guess it only stops the one in the dash.
I believe that is only for the dash air bag. I'm very happy how the side airbags went off. Even though it causes more damages, knowing that they worked how they are suppose to gives me a sign of relief.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Yoshi

UPDATE

So I stopped by the body shop today, they been working on the 1/4 panel damage. they were able to get the wrinkle out with body work.

I should have the car back monday

Old 09-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Yoshi

UPDATE

So I picked the car up today. looks like nothing happened. I went through and checked lots of little things to make sure everything is legit. only thing i found was a little bit of overspray which he took care of right away. If your in the Seattle area and need any kind of body work or paint work. Daniel from Greenwood Collision does amazing work. He's also going to be painting my race car.

I also had him paint my grille.

Also had him color match the stock chrome lip spoiler.

and the fix.

Quick Reply: Well got into an accident today...