G37 Sedan

New member here! Photos and questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 12:20 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ check out orderinfinitiparts.com for OEM accessories. there are many others, but that was has served me well. i got mats and the front lip from them. for the mats, be sure to search the coupe/convertible mats as well. sometime those are cheaper for some reason but the actual mats are identical.

city driving will hurt your MPG. sitting in traffic and stop-and-go will net low MPG, bottom line. some cars are worse than others, and the G is no champ idling at lights. highway runs are much better, and it is good to get your car out on the highway from time to time anyhow.

as for services, read your owner's manual and only do what the manual (produced by Infiniti) states must be done. do not listen to dealer "recommendations". up-selling is their business and they are able to dupe many ignorant owners with their tech-talk and mumbo jumbo. good for you to think twice!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 PM
JohnnyD

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by John B
I'm also in the Nashville Area let me know if you ever want to cruise or fly down the Natchez Trace lol! Congrats on the car and the fuel mileage won't be good here in the city unless you stay on the interstate or Briley Pkwy a lot.
Ha awesome man, yeah that'd be cool sometime. I'm actually in the Franklin, Brentwood, Cool springs, Nolensville area almost all of the time. But I rarely get on the interstate so fuel mileage is still so-so. Also it's easier to just say Nashville to those unfamiliar with our area lol.

Originally Posted by canucklehead
^ check out orderinfinitiparts.com for OEM accessories. there are many others, but that was has served me well. i got mats and the front lip from them. for the mats, be sure to search the coupe/convertible mats as well. sometime those are cheaper for some reason but the actual mats are identical.

city driving will hurt your MPG. sitting in traffic and stop-and-go will net low MPG, bottom line. some cars are worse than others, and the G is no champ idling at lights. highway runs are much better, and it is good to get your car out on the highway from time to time anyhow.

as for services, read your owner's manual and only do what the manual (produced by Infiniti) states must be done. do not listen to dealer "recommendations". up-selling is their business and they are able to dupe many ignorant owners with their tech-talk and mumbo jumbo. good for you to think twice!
Thanks for the informative reply! I haven't checked out that site yet but I will. With some manual calculations I've came up with 16-18 mpg on my recent tanks and that's 98% city driving. Did some quick skimming on the online owners manual and 60k maint doesn't show anything about the pricey services they told me I needed. Hmmm.