G37 Sedan

New member here! Photos and questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:01 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyD
I park on an end spot and always as close to the "end" as possible. That way only one car can park next to me and if they're in their spot and carelessly fling their door open it won't touch my car. I thought anyone who cared about their car did the same!?
That's what we always do to, but our G got T-boned by a gal that flew over a curb on a drive into a restaurant and smashed into the side of our car( parked in the very first spot And to think I was worried about a ding in the door
We've been re-thinking our complete parking strategy, idiocy can come from any angle

Old 08-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Refuse2Lose3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats on your new purchase! It looks very clean!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 AM
JohnnyD

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
That's what we always do to, but our G got T-boned by a gal that flew over a curb on a drive into a restaurant and smashed into the side of our car( parked in the very first spot And to think I was worried about a ding in the door
We've been re-thinking our complete parking strategy, idiocy can come from any angle

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img833/5384/1002096y.jpg[IMG]
Ouch! Sorry that happened!
You're right something can always happen but it's peace of mind knowing I'm not squeezed in between two *******s. Although I do always try to park on the end spot, I don't always park that obnoxiously over the line, this photo was taken at my workplace.

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose3
congrats on your new purchase! It looks very clean!
Thanks a lot! It's in great condition. Still has the new car smell everytime I get in it!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Still has the new car smell everytime I get in it!
After 3 years and 60K miles, I highly doubt that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_car_smell
Old 08-07-2013, 04:21 PM
JohnnyD

Rochester,

Haha it's bizarre man I know. But I'm not making it up, I have no reason to. The interior on my car is ridiculously mint, as in never used besides driver area. So it has no wear and tear, never deep cleaned and never any harsh chemicals used in it. So the new car smell was preserved
Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
New car smell comes from newly molded plastics and adhesives. If you accept that, then it's impossible for a vehicle to give off a new car smell 3+ years later. It's very likely what you're smelling is the leather cleaner and conditioner applied to your seats when it was prepped for sale, and/or fabric cleaner on the carpets. Lexol (for example) has a very intense smell that can last for weeks.

And really, I'm just busting your chops, JohnnyD. It doesn't matter, you're happy. Congrats, and welcome to the Forum.

Looking forward to seeing more photography from you.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:46 PM
JohnnyD

Originally Posted by Rochester
New car smell comes from newly molded plastics and adhesives. If you accept that, then it's impossible for a vehicle to give off a new car smell 3+ years later. It's very likely what you're smelling is the leather cleaner and conditioner applied to your seats when it was prepped for sale, and/or fabric cleaner on the carpets. Lexol (for example) has a very intense smell that can last for weeks.

And really, I'm just busting your chops, JohnnyD. It doesn't matter, you're happy. Congrats, and welcome to the Forum.

Looking forward to seeing more photography from you.
Man you really are giving me a hard time!
I clearly understand what you're saying lol but you're not following me, the passenger/backseat have never been sat in. The carpets have never been stepped on. There was no leather cleaner applied nor any carpet shampoo. It is easy tell the difference between a well kept/unused car VS. a reconditioned one.
The new car smell is usually a dead give away

But thanks man! I am very happy with the car, and am enjoying the forum so far. I'll take the camera out for shots one of these days... Hmmm
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 AM
SL651210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet G, I have a prelude as well, pwp and 5spd. Great cars, been looking around for a used G sedan to replace it though, time to move up in the world.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:32 PM
JohnnyD

Originally Posted by SL651210
Sweet G, I have a prelude as well, pwp and 5spd. Great cars, been looking around for a used G sedan to replace it though, time to move up in the world.
Very cool man, love the pearl white. Still holding on to my prelude, will never be able to sell it for a fraction of what I have in it.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
What percent tint did you go with? I'm having my 10 blue slate sedan tinted Tuesday and can't decide what percentage to go with.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:56 AM
JohnnyD

Originally Posted by AUR11
What percent tint did you go with? I'm having my 10 blue slate sedan tinted Tuesday and can't decide what percentage to go with.
Cool man!

I went with 15% on all windows and 55% full windshield. It's a nice medium I think. Legal limit 35% is too light and I wouldn't be happy with it, 5% is nice during the day but at night a little ridiculous. Even with the black interior you can still see inside, kind of wish I went with 35% on the windshield.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Cool man!

I went with 15% on all windows and 55% full windshield. It's a nice medium I think. Legal limit 35% is too light and I wouldn't be happy with it, 5% is nice during the day but at night a little ridiculous. Even with the black interior you can still see inside, kind of wish I went with 35% on the windshield.
Probably a good idea to keep the windshield light, that's a pretty easy writeup for the police, at least in my area.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:21 PM
JohnnyD

Originally Posted by blnewt
Probably a good idea to keep the windshield light, that's a pretty easy writeup for the police, at least in my area.
Cops aren't that big on window tint here.
Although I do have a few stacked up from the Prelude, but that thing is a cop magnet. Haven't been pulled over in the G yet
Old 08-13-2013, 08:36 PM
LilRocket

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool man!

the legal limit is 35% all around here in massachusetts and being hispanic i don't dare go lower, that's an easy ticket.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 AM
John B

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
[QUOTE=JohnnyD;3658241]Hi all my name is Johnny, I'm from the Nashville, TN area. Last week I bought my 2010 Blue Slate G37S A/T with black/wood interior 59k miles. Very excited to say the least. Love the car, clean carfax, one owner, great service history, stupid clean interior looks like only a driver was ever in this car, pretty nice exterior only thing that bothers me are rock chips on the front bumper. Not a huge deal, can have it resprayed if it really bugs me. Just had it tinted the other day, besides that not planning on a huge mod list for this one. I have another car for that. Probable front lip, hid fogs, little stuff like that..

iPhone 5 photos, very pleased with these cell phone shots lol

Name:  1G37SUN_zpsd2d7ec2f.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  337.7 KB

Name:  1g2_zps3e6ea179.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  510.5 KB

Name:  11g_zpsc2db7dc9.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  484.6 KB

Name:  1gr_zps2ef222db.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  366.5 KB

Name:  1g3_zpsbc3c9dff.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  453.7 KB

Name:  1gt_zps37344e33.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  493.8 KB

Name:  1gt2_zpsbf0b8f45.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  473.5 KB

Name:  1g37777_zps8e03f595.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  459.0 KB

Name:  1int_zps91025ce6.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  267.8 KB

My other car

Name:  c454156f-2358-4e2d-82e6-af7c51859aff_zps1091bde0.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  257.5 KB

Name:  stance_zpsebdb43d9.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  323.8 KB

Name:  preludeinters_zps5c66ed98.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  271.0 KB

I have a few questions now....

I am getting poor MPG... I know I am getting to know the car and really having fun with it, but I think I should be seeing more. Just put brand new K&N air filters in it. According to the cluster I'm recently around 15mpg. On a daily basis it's just city driving not romping on it, rarely need to get on the interstate. Guess it just needs a tune up.. This leads me to my next topic...

Local infiniti dealer told me i need to have their recommended 60k maintenance done along with a power steering flush, induction service and pcv valve service. Do you agree with this, or is the dealer trying to hit me with something I don't need (yet.)

The shiftable automatic also seems sluggish? I expected the car to shift the second I hit the paddle/**** but it is delayed. If I'm getting on it I have to remember to shift earlier than desired so I will change gears at optimum rpms. Just how these cars are? Friend has an older g35 sedan and seems his is not delayed like mine.

I decided I want the optional sport front lip, where can I find the best price on one? Want to avoid paying dealership prices if possible. Also want to get the oem all weather mats to keep these carpets fresh! Best place to get these? Again want to avoid the dealership if I can. Ones on eBay a good idea?

Thanks for looking![/QUOTE

I'm also in the Nashville Area let me know if you ever want to cruise or fly down the Natchez Trace lol! Congrats on the car and the fuel mileage won't be good here in the city unless you stay on the interstate or Briley Pkwy a lot.

Quick Reply: New member here! Photos and questions!