G37 Sedan

It's June already, not a single review for Q50?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ you referring to the overhangs? all Q50's (like the G) will have the same wheelbase. i agree that the overhangs appear to have increased on the Q. especially the front, which only highlights the over-done grille and fascia - at least IMO.

and my dealer also said that "supply issues" have stalled the launch parties and press release cars for testing. the launch in Vancouver has been pushed back 4-6 weeks. as said above, perhaps 2013 G37 supplies are the real issue. it would be hard to sell 2013's with the 2014's sitting on the lot too!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 PM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Could care less what the car looks like (which I guess makes me a wierdo in these parts--I drive my car, I don't stand around looking at it--or sit in it and look at it from the inside either).

What disappoints me is the complete complacency in the performance department. Zero advancement. Same with the IS. I want more *****, not some gizmo crap that my phone does better anyway. Where is the f%$%ing direct injection...cripes GM has had it for years now. Where's the small turbo to fill in the low-middle rev range? Instead the give us a BS hyrbird that puts you in the 335 price range.

They crank the price every year and add basically nothing. At some point the headache of owning an non-japanese car become worth it even for a die hard like me.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:39 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually Canucklehead Morrey Infiniti of Coquitlam had their Q50 event two days ago and I was invited. It was a wonderful car. They had both the hybrid and 3.7L there. We were supposed to get a chance to drive them but they would not let us as it was a "pre-produciton" model. All the salesmen had a chance to drive the vehicle though and from what I heard, the lag is gone and the hybrid has instant torque at any RPM. Sounds good but they had us all hyped for weeks stating we would specifically get to drive both cars for 20 minutes each. Total bummer.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Crest had one q50 out here.
The drinks were ok but the "catered food," was cold and. Trash.

It's June already, not a single review for Q50?-umdtmvc.jpg
Old 06-06-2013, 12:49 AM
raywu729

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Does anyone recognize or know for sure what track is shown at about 1:16 of the video? The high banked one. I'm presuming it's possibly a private test track somewhere becasue I don't recognize it but I'd sure like to know where it is.
Nurburgring or the Circuit de Catalunya

1:16 is the same clip from this video with Vettel testing the car.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
every dealer has an opportunity for a launch party. This is the time now to get the "updates and feedback" before the production cars hit the port. Personally it's better for internal to figure out issues and problems before hand.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by sniper27
summer officially starts June 21. if they didn't start selling it until August, technically, it's still summer. so they wouldn't be lying.
That is the truth.
I bought my g37 coupe on 8/22/07 the 1 day of availability was 8/2707.
One week of summer, so they will most likely do the same.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:29 AM
2012graphiteg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got this. Hopefully more than one and we can drive them.
Attached Thumbnails It's June already, not a single review for Q50?-swi-hm-event-evite-final.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 AM
TruLux

I don't like the way it looks...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:37 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by VQHRLover
Actually Canucklehead Morrey Infiniti of Coquitlam had their Q50 event two days ago and I was invited. It was a wonderful car.
cool. glad you had a chance to check it out. Regency also had a launch party this week, and Autowest is soon too i think. but Autowest's original date was early May. this was pushed back ~4 weeks.

i saw the car in person at the Auto show. i'd like to have a closer look at the interior. too bad no test drives were allowed at your launch. my first question for the dealer will be "plans to bring back the 6mt?". otherwise, i'll be looking elsewhere.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Nick3753

Originally Posted by sniper27
summer officially starts June 21. if they didn't start selling it until August, technically, it's still summer. so they wouldn't be lying.
Technically they could release September 21 and it would still be a summer release. But seriously, you generally do see some reviews of "sportier" cars before they are arriving at dealerships, even if they are still "prototypes".
Old 06-06-2013, 02:27 PM
AMai1215

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Cerritos Infiniti is having their "unveil" on June 12th.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jjasonSU
Crest had one q50 out here.
The drinks were ok but the "catered food," was cold and. Trash.

That front end looks hideous. There I said it. It has more stying cues with the Pontiac Aztek than the G37.

The more I see of this car the less I like it. It just looks so disjointed and out of proportion. Looking more and more like Infiniti pulled an Acura TL type **** up by totally turfing a beautiful design rather than expanding on it. Instead it looks like something a Transformer would crap out of his butt after getting traveler's diarrhea. At least Acura improved the engine and handling, all Infiniti seems to have offered is little techie toys that the vast majority of it's customer base could care less about. I fear what the coupe is gonna look like because they'll want to make that even louder.

Last edited by Yosemite Dan; 06-06-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:08 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
That front end looks hideous. There I said it. It has more stying cues with the Pontiac Aztek than the G37.

The more I see of this car the less I like it. It just looks so disjointed and out of proportion. Looking more and more like Infiniti pulled an Acura TL type **** up by totally turfing a beautiful design rather than expanding on it. Instead it looks like something a Transformer would crap out of his butt after getting traveler's diarrhea. At least Acura improved the engine and handling, all Infiniti seems to have offered is little techie toys that the vast majority of it's customer base could care less about. I fear what the coupe is gonna look like because they'll want to make that even louder.
It must be an "asian" car thing. Although Hyundai is not as "loud", Veloster aside. Actually, now that I think about it, it must be an Infiniti and Lexus thing. Because Honda, Toyota, and Acura are pretty bland also.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:26 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
cool. glad you had a chance to check it out. Regency also had a launch party this week, and Autowest is soon too i think. but Autowest's original date was early May. this was pushed back ~4 weeks.

i saw the car in person at the Auto show. i'd like to have a closer look at the interior. too bad no test drives were allowed at your launch. my first question for the dealer will be "plans to bring back the 6mt?". otherwise, i'll be looking elsewhere.
I believe that the 6mt is only coming for the G37 Coupe or Q60 as they now call it. That was one of the questions I asked. Total bummer but I guess ill be switching from my '12 to the Q60 or an S4. Q60 AWD Hybrid 6MT??

Hope so. :P

Quick Reply: It's June already, not a single review for Q50?