G37 Sedan

It's June already, not a single review for Q50?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:24 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by mj_39
^ would you be impressed if you saw a stock g37 sedan drive by you? I know im not...Most of our cars on this forum are modded to make them look better. I think most of us look at it through those eyes.. however stock for stock the q50 demands attention and stands out while the g37 sedan never did/does STOCK. That's how I feel.
Agree that the Q screams attention, that's the thing I truly like about our Gs, they're a more subtle classy look that's really held up well over time. We'll see if the Q can follow suit~the way the Japanese/Korean makes are going for more "wow" styling it may or may not become a fixture over time, it'll be interesting seeing if the trend continues.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
mj_39 has a good point. A basic G37 Sedan is looking like a pretty old design.

However, lightly modified for visuals, or just by having the Sport Package, and it still stands out as beautiful, IMO.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:19 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by mj_39
^ would you be impressed if you saw a stock g37 sedan drive by you? I know im not...Most of our cars on this forum are modded to make them look better. I think most of us look at it through those eyes.. however stock for stock the q50 demands attention and stands out while the g37 sedan never did/does STOCK. That's how I feel.
A stock G37 may not draw attention to me, but it still impresses me. When the 2nd gen G came out, I was impressed by it stock and it did stood out from other cars for it's time. For a brand new car and design, I would expect the Q50 to impress in stock form.
The following users liked this post:
g37guy01 (07-14-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 02:39 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
I saw one on the freeway today. It had manufacture plates. Meh. I'm still not impressed with the looks. But whatevers. Looks are subjective, and there has been enough debate on that already. Yes, it makes the G looks dated, but that is the nature of a new model. It doesn't make it better.
Yes, this^^^

I think the hybrid sport front is nice but the back and side profiles are boring.

Anyways, I'm not too excited about the whole steering column not tilt / tele for adjustment, just the steering wheel is tilt / tele, small sunshades (I know it's very minor)

Also, not really a fan of the 'double arched' instrument hood, preferred single hood for the instrument cluster

On the bright side they basically added most of the features I wanted on the G37; turn signals in the side mirrors & body, tilt-down reverse mirror function, rain-sensing wipers, AFS headlights, laser cruise control, hybrid gas mileage

Does anyone know if there will be cooled seats as an option?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:15 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
For a similar price point (the loaded Q50 that is) this might be worth a look too!
2014 Mercedes Benz CLA45 AMG First Drive - Motor Trend
Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 AM
sniper27

Originally Posted by blnewt
For a similar price point (the loaded Q50 that is) this might be worth a look too!
2014 Mercedes Benz CLA45 AMG First Drive - Motor Trend
^^^^ this.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:39 PM
inknartg37

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I test drove the Q50 Yesterday and was NOT impressed.

The styling is boring in person and the wheels are hideous

The interior is average at best with hideous gauges.

The front bumper difference between the Sport and Base model are hardly noticeable.

I'm truly hoping the front on the new Q Coupe looks nothing like the Q50 Sedan. Its not nearly aggressive enough.

I went to test drive the new IS350 F Sport after, that car has great curves, looks 100 percent better then the Q, was funner to Drive, and had amazing interior from the red leather to the gauges

The only thing that stood out more in the Q was the navigation and extra touch screen for apps.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
IcemanVQ37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do not regret my 2013 G37s Sedan. But looking at the new Q50S looks damn sexy, I was able to see the differences between the Q50 and Q50S and there is a pretty noticeable difference from both. I did not think the rims looked that hideous, interior felt like they did not change much from the G37. The Q navigation and extra screen was a pretty cool feature. I will look into the Q50 when and if they are still around in the next 10 years, as I usually keep my cars for that long.

I would get the Q50S most definitely!

Last edited by IcemanVQ37; 07-15-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Adding more text.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by inknartg37

The front bumper difference between the Sport and Base model are hardly noticeable.

I'm truly hoping the front on the new Q Coupe looks nothing like the Q50 Sedan. Its not nearly aggressive enough.

I went to test drive the new IS350 F Sport after, that car has great curves, looks 100 percent better then the Q, was funner to Drive, and had amazing interior from the red leather to the gauges

The only thing that stood out more in the Q was the navigation and extra touch screen for apps.
Just goes to show how subjective, looks and drive are. Was reading on Az how cheap and tacky the car looked inside and out, although a lighter/smaller car with direct injection does have some zip.

Last edited by g37guy01; 07-15-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM
ErikM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow.. when I was at my dealer (NJ) on Saturday I was told the 5 vehicles they had could not be driven, period. They needed a software update, and the offical release date wasn't until August 5th or 6th.. They wouldn't even put one in the showrrom yet..

Old 07-16-2013, 11:23 AM
inknartg37

They actually told me the same thing...The sales rep had to drive it off the lot and back on the lot... the Q50S I Test Drove had over 100 miles on it haha...You didn't miss much believe me, I have a friend who's buying a new sedan and couldn't wait to show him the Q, after the test drive it killed me to say that every other car we test drove that day was better in every aspect
Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 AM
sniper27

Styling aside, can you elaborate more on the way it drove that made it so terrible? i'm curious about the 7AT and handling, steering, and overall feel of the car.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
They actually told me the same thing...The sales rep had to drive it off the lot and back on the lot... the Q50S I Test Drove had over 100 miles on it haha...You didn't miss much believe me, I have a friend who's buying a new sedan and couldn't wait to show him the Q, after the test drive it killed me to say that every other car we test drove that day was better in every aspect
I somehow don't believe Infiniti blew it.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 PM
inknartg37

Originally Posted by sniper27
Styling aside, can you elaborate more on the way it drove that made it so terrible? i'm curious about the 7AT and handling, steering, and overall feel of the car.
The feel of the car was great, I really didn't get that much time behind the wheel, it was a short test drive on the freeway and off. The acceleration wasn't too thrilling, i've had the current G37 Sedan as a loaner vehicle numerous times and i can tell you that car is a lot funner to drive. The handling on the Q was an improvement.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:16 PM
inknartg37

Originally Posted by g37guy01
I somehow don't believe Infiniti blew it.
Interior is boring, outside is mediocre.

I don't think anyone in that price range will hesitate to buy the New Lexus IS or Mercedes CLA over the Q.

Quick Reply: It's June already, not a single review for Q50?