G37 Sedan

Finished prototype - MagnaFlow catback/ X pipe for G37 sedan- pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 AM
GNN60GT500

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finished prototype - MagnaFlow catback/ X pipe for G37 sedan- pics inside!

Here is finished pic from back- so hard deciding what to drive in the morning!

Name:  photo5_zpsef675ecb.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  107.2 KB

From underneath- sorry for poor pic quality on some of these!

Need to work on getting sound clips next- but I love the way it sounds....much more sports car then luxury car sound to it but thats what I like ....sounds a lot like a 370Z with our kit on it

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
Old 05-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Scoobykim

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I'll take the one on the left
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Looks really nice, the tips look high quality and like the fact you went w/ the X pipe setup. Do you have a ballpark price yet?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM
GNN60GT500

MAP (minimum advertised price) on it is $1350 ....but people can choose to sell it for less then that if they wish.

Also we have a lifetime warranty- and with our warranty if any weld breaks, any hanger breaks, we dont just replace the part...we send out an entire new kit.

So far I am really happy- have put 80 miles on car with kit - no drone on the highway...

Only part that sucks is that the car all ready had intake/exhaust on it so dyno results dont mean much...as they are not showing gains over stock, they are showing gains over a competitors axle back....

Which is long as I am typing I thought I would offer some tech as well....

What makes more power- intakes or exhaust?

actually whichever one you install first : )

New cars have parameters within which they operate- adding an intake or exhaust causes the computer to move towards one side of that parameter....but once it approached the outer parameter, you can not move it any further without custom tuning.

So while an exhaust company might advertise certain gains, if you install such exhaust on a car that all ready has an intake on it- well the intake would have all ready forced the computer to take advantage of any play within the parameters so by installing the exhaust, there is not enough room left within those parameters to see the same advertised gains

This is why if an intake is 10hp gain and an exhaust is 10hp gain- when installed together they dont make 30hp ...typically whichever one is installed first will see the full 10hp gain- with whichever one is installed second only seeing a fraction of the advertised gain...

Its why I hate dyno sheets- because actual results vary depending on how many mods you all ready have : )
Old 05-24-2013, 12:09 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by GNN60GT500
MAP (minimum advertised price) on it is $1350 ....but people can choose to sell it for less then that if they wish.

Also we have a lifetime warranty- and with our warranty if any weld breaks, any hanger breaks, we dont just replace the part...we send out an entire new kit.

So far I am really happy- have put 80 miles on car with kit - no drone on the highway...

Only part that sucks is that the car all ready had intake/exhaust on it so dyno results dont mean much...as they are not showing gains over stock, they are showing gains over a competitors axle back....

Which is long as I am typing I thought I would offer some tech as well....

What makes more power- intakes or exhaust?

actually whichever one you install first : )

New cars have parameters within which they operate- adding an intake or exhaust causes the computer to move towards one side of that parameter....but once it approached the outer parameter, you can not move it any further without custom tuning.

So while an exhaust company might advertise certain gains, if you install such exhaust on a car that all ready has an intake on it- well the intake would have all ready forced the computer to take advantage of any play within the parameters so by installing the exhaust, there is not enough room left within those parameters to see the same advertised gains

This is why if an intake is 10hp gain and an exhaust is 10hp gain- when installed together they dont make 30hp ...typically whichever one is installed first will see the full 10hp gain- with whichever one is installed second only seeing a fraction of the advertised gain...

Its why I hate dyno sheets- because actual results vary depending on how many mods you all ready have : )
Nice explanation, is there any way to set up a group buy directly through your company, I'm sure the interest would be high enough to get a nice number of members lined up for this.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:25 PM
GNN60GT500

Unfortunately we dont sell to the public- however I will reach out to a few people I know to see if I can someone involved whom can. I will let you know.

Thank you
Old 05-26-2013, 07:49 PM
lemonaid37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Too loud !!!

Can anybody tell me if I can replace my Exaust System on my very loud G37 ??
It sounds like a Mack truck at 1000rpm and above.
What a pity !!! I was under impression It was a luxory sedan when I purchased it new last year, now I know it's only a noise maker...
Please anybody Help......
Thanks
Old 05-28-2013, 03:56 AM
OBG37XS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No one has said it on here, but there are alot of people that hate on the Magnaflow exhaust. I am not sure why, but maybe because it is lower priced than other 'premium' exhausts, or maybe because people have the misconception that they are 'made' for American muscle cars. I had a Magnaflow catback system with AMS HFCs on my EVO X. It had a nice deep rumble at idle and wasn't that loud until you got on it. It definitely sounded great at WOT though
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by OBG37XS
No one has said it on here, but there are alot of people that hate on the Magnaflow exhaust. I am not sure why, but maybe because it is lower priced than other 'premium' exhausts, or maybe because people have the misconception that they are 'made' for American muscle cars. I had a Magnaflow catback system with AMS HFCs on my EVO X. It had a nice deep rumble at idle and wasn't that loud until you got on it. It definitely sounded great at WOT though
I think you nailed it~they've been associated w/ American hot rods & 4x4s and don't have that "imported" name. They make a great product.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
My tips are Magnaflow, and I got quite a lot of negative opinions that they look too domestic, belonging on a Mustang, not an imported sport sedan. So yeah, it would seem market opinions of Magnaflow are more aligned with trucks and American muclecars.

But I don't care. A good product is a good product, regardless of perceived associations.

Originally Posted by lemonaid37
I was under impression It was a luxory sedan when I purchased it new last year
There's your problem right there.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 PM
IcemanVQ37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
But I don't care. A good product is a good product, regardless of perceived associations.
I had custom CB magnaflow set up on my Nissan Altima 3.5SE 5MT. And I loved it. Everyone loved it, until I told them it was a magnaflow set up. Then they all would say, why do you have an american brand muffler on there? Its just funny how it really is associated with american muscle/trucks only.

I would possibly go this route, if I had the funds. ARK would be my other choice.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
EVERYONE. performance Peddler is selling this thing for wayyyy below MSRP, like sub $1000. im not going to link to it, but if you type in the product number 16862 on their page, then "make and offer" on the side of the product page, it will give you a coupon code to get the special price. i bought a magnaflow system from them for my 03 stang and it came super fast.
The following 5 users liked this post by Austin713:
ap0c0lypt1c (05-30-2013), Basikk_ (05-30-2013), blnewt (05-30-2013), GNN60GT500 (05-30-2013), lake985 (05-31-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 04:05 PM
GNN60GT500

Originally Posted by Austin713
EVERYONE. performance Peddler is selling this thing for wayyyy below MSRP, like sub $1000. im not going to link to it, but if you type in the product number 16862 on their page, then "make and offer" on the side of the product page, it will give you a coupon code to get the special price. i bought a magnaflow system from them for my 03 stang and it came super fast.
Thanks!

And thank you for all the comments from everyone else!

You know what the funny part is- We make the exhaust systems for many of the well known "Non American" name brands- of course we are under a confidentiality clause so I can't say for whom....but we do make some parts for some very well known and respected names in the Nissan community...

Very suprising for all the exhaust companies out there, there are actually very few exhaust manufacturers.

One of the main reasons I never bad mouth another brand- if we are not all ready making parts for them....one day we could be!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Austin713
OMG, anyone looking for a killer exhaust deal this is IT!
I went through the process as you stated and entered a "1" in the make offer box and BINGO, what a deal. If I didn't already have an exhaust I'd already have it on the way, and for that deal I'm still considering it!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 AM
dagenius01

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Is there a sound clip for this? also does this fit the 37x ?

Quick Reply: Finished prototype - MagnaFlow catback/ X pipe for G37 sedan- pics inside!