G37 Sedan

They're back! Topspeed exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
G3710

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dotmichael
So it seems like my suspicions are confirmed in that they do have the good tips in stock and unless requested will send you the ****ty ones. I've got to say I'm pretty upset about that.

Not sure what can be done now that I've had it a month+ but it truly bothers me knowing I could have had an even better looking setup.

To touch on what others have asked -- mine line up flush with the bumper. I've been waiting to "finish stage 1" before posting pics but I'll make sure to post pictures of the hardware before the install as well as after.

BEFORE YOU ORDER ASK WHICH TIPS YOURE GETTING
What tips did you receive? Post a picture.
I will upload a picture of what I received which was the only option they had 8 days ago.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:53 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
So it seems like my suspicions are confirmed in that they do have the good tips in stock and unless requested will send you the ****ty ones. I've got to say I'm pretty upset about that.

Not sure what can be done now that I've had it a month+ but it truly bothers me knowing I could have had an even better looking setup.

To touch on what others have asked -- mine line up flush with the bumper. I've been waiting to "finish stage 1" before posting pics but I'll make sure to post pictures of the hardware before the install as well as after.

BEFORE YOU ORDER ASK WHICH TIPS YOURE GETTING
Did you call them to order or get them off Ebay? If you got them from Ebay and it clearly stated beveled tips on the listing then you have a legitimate claim. If you called them and just ordered the exhuast w/out further details then you could try to see if they would make things right, but doubt it It's a shame they're still stocking those second-rate tips, it's a night & day difference between the two. I would give them a call and let them know you're really unhappy w/ the transaction and disappointed that they're still selling these poor versions. There's a thread somewhere about installing new tips on the straight edge versions, might be worth a look if you can't get them to send you the better setup.
Good luck.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Guys I am about to order it this friday from George. Am I supposed to be asking for the beveled tips?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by VQHRLover
Guys I am about to order it this friday from George. Am I supposed to be asking for the beveled tips?
Yes, insist on the beveled (rolled) tips, be sure to let them know you will return the exhaust if they come w/ the single wall straight tips.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

I emailed them to confirm what exhaust tips they are giving me and this was their response.

"Yes this one has the double walled oem stock look with rolled end tips"

So just to confirm this is the one to grab? Thanks guys
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by VQHRLover
I emailed them to confirm what exhaust tips they are giving me and this was their response.

"Yes this one has the double walled oem stock look with rolled end tips"

So just to confirm this is the one to grab? Thanks guys
Yes, those would be the good ones, but I think I would speak to someone on the phone just so you can get verbal confirmation, and be sure to get the name of the guy you spoke with (that's what I'd do anyhow with all the misinformation they've been guilty of)
Old 09-04-2013, 06:38 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Awesome, thanks for the help. The gentleman that is helping me told me to call him so that I get the right tips .
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 PM
RJ's_G37
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Going to order mine off ebay tomorrow just messaged him first to confirm that i will be getting the bevel tips.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 PM
dotmichael
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is what I've got...my initial review is floating somewhere but my complaint was that it was way too quiet and sometimes I wish it were a little louder but I know adding hfc would get the sound where I want it. Now I'm pretty much smitten by the sound, its never raspy but I have a six speed. The closest thing to rasp was the car in third going up a car garage.

Now I think its mostly wonderful. I plan on painting it black up to the tips
Attached Thumbnails They're back! Topspeed exhaust-photo-1.jpg   They're back! Topspeed exhaust-photo-2.jpg   They're back! Topspeed exhaust-photo-3.jpg   They're back! Topspeed exhaust-photo-4.jpg   They're back! Topspeed exhaust-photo-5.jpg  

Old 09-04-2013, 11:41 PM
dotmichael
Banned

One more. I dont hate the quality just would've liked the better tips. These are jagged up close and look very thin in comparison.

At this price point I wont complain, just sucks that all I had to do was ask.
Attached Thumbnails They're back! Topspeed exhaust-photo.jpg  
Old 09-05-2013, 12:36 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

One more. I dont hate the quality just would've liked the better tips. These are jagged up close and look very thin in comparison.

At this price point I wont complain, just sucks that all I had to do was ask.
Glad you're happy w/ the sound, it really is a nice exhaust note.
Actually those tips look better than the guys that got the earlier run of the straight tips in the group buy, here's a pic

They're back! Topspeed exhaust-dwhkg.jpg
Old 09-05-2013, 10:34 AM
dotmichael
Banned

Mine do look like that up close -maybe not as extreme but however they cut those ^^ they cut mine.

But yes otherwise satisfied. I must continue to reiterate that.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Mine do look like that up close -maybe not as extreme but however they cut those ^^ they cut mine.

But yes otherwise satisfied. I must continue to reiterate that.
That's too bad This thread may be of help to you
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ix.html?nojs=1
Old 09-14-2013, 08:31 AM
John B

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I think it takes a month or two for the exhaust to break-in. At first it was a little louder, now I turn off the music so I can hear in all its glory lol! I have the cut tips and I think mine looks great. I get plenty of compliments on look and sound.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (09-14-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by John B
I think it takes a month or two for the exhaust to break-in. At first it was a little louder, now I turn off the music so I can hear in all its glory lol! I have the cut tips and I think mine looks great. I get plenty of compliments on look and sound.
Agree, the sound gets better after a few months, windows down & music off FTW
Post pics of your ride when you can.

Quick Reply: They're back! Topspeed exhaust