G37 Sedan

They're back! Topspeed exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:19 AM
imdbd

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
That listing should be the crappy tips, are yours the good ones?
nope i have the crappy tips. it doesn't bother me as much as it should though. also there are holes on the bottom of the tips...any idea what they're for?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by imdbd
nope i have the crappy tips. it doesn't bother me as much as it should though. also there are holes on the bottom of the tips...any idea what they're for?
You could try to file/sand them down if they're jagged, and the hole is most likely meant to work with a bolt on silencer.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:06 PM
imdbd

Originally Posted by Redpit
You could try to file/sand them down if they're jagged, and the hole is most likely meant to work with a bolt on silencer.
theyre actually not jagged. they're nicely done.

stupid question: if i took my torch to the tips would i be able to burn them or would i ruin the tips
Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by imdbd
theyre actually not jagged. they're nicely done.

stupid question: if i took my torch to the tips would i be able to burn them or would i ruin the tips
You could try this...

DIY: Burnt exhaust tips
The following users liked this post:
imdbd (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 09:35 PM
dotmichael
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Some others on here have worse tips than I but thats not to say mine arent jagged. I took some pics before install just case anyone on the forums wanted to see them.

I purchased mine last week believe shipping took 3-4 days and I'm in NJ. Install would've taken way under a half hour if I had used my brain, zero fitment issues. I'll likely be under the car this weekend and I'll see if I need to hand tighten anything
Old 07-31-2013, 06:27 PM
bjmsam
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad to see the rolled / bevel edge tips are once again available.

Infiniti G35 G37 Sedan 07-12 Performance Exhaust System Systems Bevel Edge Tips

These videos suggest that the sound is similar to the Greddy. Has anyone heard both in person? Is there any drone in the cockpit?

Are others experiencing the corrosion problem mentioned on the G35Driver forum? Example:

Originally Posted by kristof
My issue that's becoming a big issue is RUST....the tips of the exhaust, inside the tips, all welding points, the hangers, and edges of the mufflers are rusting pretty badly. This is just what I can see from kneeling down behind the car, haven't checked any of the piping under the car. I wash my car often and clean the tips and muffler canisters every time I do. The car hasn't been washed in about 3 weeks now because it has snowed on and off for that amount of time not counting the below freezing temp . Plus I've traveled for the holidays back and forth to an area that stays pretty nasty because of coal trucks etc. and within this time is when I've started noticing the rust and I'm assuming it's because of the salt.

TopSpeed said they were rusting already because of the conditions I've submitted the exhaust system to (first time its snowed like this here in Kentucky this season, and longest time it's been since the exhaust has been cleaned) and that there was nothing wrong with them doing that. He said they are metal and eventually metal does rust stainless steel or not. He advised me to use a stainless steel polish to clean the surface rust off and then coat it with a stainless steel polish and that should take care of the rust. He said I needed to do this on a regular basis.....

Honestly, at this point the only thing I'm impressed with on this exhaust system is the sound. The Fitment is bad, the tips are HORRIBLE, and now rust already? To me this is unacceptable no matter how good you take care of the exhaust only after 3 months. Hell, I had cheap ebay exhaust on my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT for over 4 YEARS with out cleaning it or polishing it ever and when I sold the car there wasn't one spot of rust on that system and the fitment was 100% on just like OEM.That exhaust system and car was put through hell and back and it looked 10 times better after 4 years then this exhaust does in 3 months. If the "conditions I've submitted the exhaust too" is less then a month of road salt in Kentuckys atmosphere then I would hate to see what it looks like by this time next year.

I'm glad some of you has had good luck out of this exhaust but if my mind doesn't change I will be removing this exhaust and going back stock soon. I'll just wait until I an find a good deal on the exhaust system I really wanted in the first place. I loved the price and sound of this exhaust but that has obviously backfired for me in general. Hopefully everyone else's will continue to hold up.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by bjmsam
Glad to see the rolled / bevel edge tips are once again available.

Infiniti G35 G37 Sedan 07-12 Performance Exhaust System Systems Bevel Edge Tips

These videos suggest that the sound is similar to the Greddy. Has anyone heard both in person? Is there any drone in the cockpit?

Topspeed Pro 1 Infiniti G35/G37 Sedan

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - G37S Sedan

Are others experiencing the corrosion problem mentioned on the G35Driver forum? Example:
Here's my thread from a couple weeks ago, in my prep pics you'll see the exhaust, no rust whatsoever, and the mid pipe is clean too. There is a small window of drone at 1500-1800rpm but it's not too invasive, pretty hard to get any exhaust setup w/out drone somewhere in the powerband.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...aust-cans.html

That is great to see the quality tips are back, I guess it's hit or miss what they stock month to month.

Here's a few of my sound clips for reference, this one is my old 07 stock G35 & my 09 w/ the TopSpeed exhaust
Here's a few more too
LilRocket (08-08-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 08:41 PM
bjmsam
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks for your reply. Lessons I learned through aftermarket experience with my Stealth have fostered a healthy dose of skepticism when evaluating options for my "new" G. When it comes to exhaust systems, drone and corrosion feature prominently on my list of concerns.

That cabin drone is not pronounced in your videos is encouraging. Local opportunities to audition various setups would be ideal. New Mexico is nowhere near the rust belt, so it's not surprising that your example remains pristine. Perhaps also painting the pipes (save the tips) would help mitigate corrosion for those of us in wetter, saltier environments...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by bjmsam
Thanks for your reply. Lessons I learned through aftermarket experience with my Stealth have fostered a healthy dose of skepticism when evaluating options for my "new" G. When it comes to exhaust systems, drone and corrosion feature prominently on my list of concerns.

That cabin drone is not pronounced in your videos is encouraging. Local opportunities to audition various setups would be ideal. New Mexico is nowhere near the rust belt, so it's not surprising that your example remains pristine. Perhaps also painting the pipes (save the tips) would help mitigate corrosion for those of us in wetter, saltier environments...
Have heard it's more common than not for exhausts to really rust out quickly out in the snow & rock salt country, wish I could comment in that regard but like you said, where I'm at it's pretty easy to keep things clean
Good luck w/ whatever you end up with
Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 AM
LilRocket

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Have heard it's more common than not for exhausts to really rust out quickly out in the snow & rock salt country, wish I could comment in that regard but like you said, where I'm at it's pretty easy to keep things clean
Good luck w/ whatever you end up with
I'm in the North east so I hope mines hold up well. I don't drive my car full time anyways since I have 2 so I think that'll help
Old 08-16-2013, 04:14 PM
LilRocket

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Last week I decided to pull the trigger and purchased the exhaust with Bevel Tips from TopSpeed's ebay store. I got the exhaust installed today at JT Motoring in Boston.

So far I have driven it for a few miles and I love the sound. No drone and nice and quite while the car is idling. The growl is just perfect after 4k to 7k rpm. Let's see how it performs as I break it in Thanks to blnewt for his advice prior to my purchase.
blnewt (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 04:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Looking great Rocket, your G is really coming along nicely.
LilRocket (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 PM
imdbd

anybody have HFC's they want to sell?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Does anyone know when top speed will be selling the exhaust again? I went to their ebay store and it is no longer available.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:01 PM
G3710

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VQHRLover
Does anyone know when top speed will be selling the exhaust again? I went to their ebay store and it is no longer available.
Call Top Speed directly I bought one earlier this week,

214-629-1299 ask for George.

Quick Reply: They're back! Topspeed exhaust