G37 Sedan

2014 Q50 Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 05:08 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All depends on the incentives.
Offer some great incentives on lease. It will sell.

If it wasn't the offer expired, I would've picked up a 2nd G37xs for under $300/month, 10k, 18 months lease.
Hard to beat that for an entry luxury sedan.
Which is the reason why they are so populated on the street now.
I see the Gs more than 3s.

I don't think you will see such deal for the Q50 until 4-5 years into production.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:08 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
Put it at the same price range as a BMW or Audi, then I wonder what these buyers would do?
That would depend on how the Infiniti car compared to the BMW or Audi car. In the specific case of the Q50 vs. the 335i or the S4, I feel that Infiniti made a mistake, and priced themselves out of the G37 market without offering a car that's competitive in the 335i/S4 market where they are now playing due to price. Just my impression; time will tell if this strategy works for them.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Preludator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very true. I think the Japs are becoming very smart marketing wise at capturing more market share based on assumptions and supply or demand really. There are buyers who will only go Infiniti, Acura, or Lexus no matter how much money they have as they have built brand loyalty and expectations. Also, these buyers avoid to be labeled with the Iconic German badges due to cultural acceptance and reputation. The latest Lexus GS imo is way too expensive for what it is (ugly design) but it is selling fairly well among BMW 5 series and Audi A6.
Only time will tell but I have a feeling that the new Q50 will be a success here in the US but not so much in Europe where these highend Japs fail to impress or capture any interest. Oh...a Lexus or Infiniti are not cheap in Europe just for the record due to the taxation, import fees, etc... Europeans love their French, italian, and German toys because they are trendy, cute, versatile....
For those who really question the reliability of the Germans, watch out now that the Japs and Germans are working together to develop new models.
For the record and those who do not know, Nissan is partially owned by Renault and now Mercedes got into the mix so the revival of Nissan Co. and Infiniti is a mixed product... so we always thought avoiding European Engineering!!!! think again...
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Preludator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW is also making a huge mistake by marking up the price of their 3 series too high for the US market. Out of all other competitors, BMW 3 series is the most expensive in its segment. Still, German cars sell cheaper here than they are in Europe.... Yet we continue to complaint about how expensive they can get...
Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 PM
SAL9000

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
if you are able to get up to 7k rpm at every light or in stop and go traffic, then I doubt it.
Uh, the 7AT at 7,000 rpm is at 21 mph (in 1st gear). If you can't get to 21 mph at any point in your commute I suggest moving, or getting rid of the car.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I can get to 21mph, but I don't want to get there by reaching 7000 rpm. I can easily get to 21mph only reving up to 3500 rpm like a civilized person. who drives at WOT everytime they get on the gas?

and yes, it is hard to get to 21mph on my commute. and when I do, it's not by gunning it WOT and getting to 21mph. i can be stuck on the freeway going 10mph, then slowly reach 30mph max. am I going to floor it to 7000rpm when there is about 1 car length or less in front of me? no, i go with the flow of traffic. and no, i don't want to move. It's L.A. I deal with it. Every car you get here will not be used to it's potential, or even close to it.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
The vehicle is priced similar to the german cars yes, but it also offers a lot of features that you can not get in the competitors, if you don't load the car up with all the features you don't care about then your back down to "budget" pricing. This car will have absolutely no problem selling units at all and I forsee it surpasing any numbers the G hit.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 PM
visualguy

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
The vehicle is priced similar to the german cars yes, but it also offers a lot of features that you can not get in the competitors
Ok, so what are those features?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Preludator
very true. I think the Japs are becoming very smart marketing wise at capturing more market share based on assumptions and supply or demand really. There are buyers who will only go Infiniti, Acura, or Lexus no matter how much money they have as they have built brand loyalty and expectations. Also, these buyers avoid to be labeled with the Iconic German badges due to cultural acceptance and reputation. The latest Lexus GS imo is way too expensive for what it is (ugly design) but it is selling fairly well among BMW 5 series and Audi A6.
Only time will tell but I have a feeling that the new Q50 will be a success here in the US but not so much in Europe where these highend Japs fail to impress or capture any interest. Oh...a Lexus or Infiniti are not cheap in Europe just for the record due to the taxation, import fees, etc... Europeans love their French, italian, and German toys because they are trendy, cute, versatile....
For those who really question the reliability of the Germans, watch out now that the Japs and Germans are working together to develop new models.
For the record and those who do not know, Nissan is partially owned by Renault and now Mercedes got into the mix so the revival of Nissan Co. and Infiniti is a mixed product... so we always thought avoiding European Engineering!!!! think again...
That first paragraph is as much as a generalization as ever, which means it doesn't support your assertion of painting a buying pattern with a broad stroke.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by visualguy
Ok, so what are those features?
Some of the driver adaptive controls for example?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 PM
visualguy

Originally Posted by g37guy01
Some of the driver adaptive controls for example?
Nope. For example, with the S4 you can control pretty much everything - steering effort, transmission response, throttle response, torque vectoring of rear diff, engine sound, suspension firmness. Infiniti is just trying to play catch-up with Audi and BMW on that stuff.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by visualguy
Nope. For example, with the S4 you can control pretty much everything - steering effort, transmission response, throttle response, torque vectoring of rear diff, engine sound, suspension firmness. Infiniti is just trying to play catch-up with Audi and BMW on that stuff.
That maybe but while I like bmws and won't buy an Audi, I don't really care if infiniti is playing catch up, I'm thinking q50 here I come. Remember the race to the top is won in the finance office, not the car mags.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 PM
visualguy

Originally Posted by g37guy01
That maybe but while I like bmws and won't buy an Audi, I don't really care if infiniti is playing catch up, I'm thinking q50 here I come. Remember the race to the top is won in the finance office, not the car mags.
That's fine, but unrelated to the question which was what are the features that kaotic was talking about that the Q50 has but the competition doesn't have.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 PM
SAL9000

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I can get to 21mph, but I don't want to get there by reaching 7000 rpm. I can easily get to 21mph only reving up to 3500 rpm like a civilized person. who drives at WOT everytime they get on the gas?

and yes, it is hard to get to 21mph on my commute. and when I do, it's not by gunning it WOT and getting to 21mph. i can be stuck on the freeway going 10mph, then slowly reach 30mph max. am I going to floor it to 7000rpm when there is about 1 car length or less in front of me? no, i go with the flow of traffic. and no, i don't want to move. It's L.A. I deal with it. Every car you get here will not be used to it's potential, or even close to it.
I'm not sure what is going on now. First it was you want more "performance" because of stop-n-go traffic, and now it's not wanting more performance because of stop-n-go traffic...
Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SAL9000
I'm not sure what is going on now. First it was you want more "performance" because of stop-n-go traffic, and now it's not wanting more performance because of stop-n-go traffic...
Simply put, we want more power at low end where it matters

Quick Reply: 2014 Q50 Review