G37 Sedan

2014 Q50 Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Maxima is a boat, and does not handle anywhere near a 328, G37 or a Q50. It is a full size sedan with a sporty attitude, but it is not a sports sedan.
Well, yes, that's why we don't drive one. Even though the 7th Gen Maxima has an appealing, aggressive design, with an amazingly comfortable interior.

At the end of the day, it competes with cars along the likes of the Toyota Avalon and Chevy Impala.
Perhaps, but it is also handily superior to those cars in most every way. Unless you prioritize detached luxury (Avalon) or domestic value (Impala), which we don't.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:30 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Roch, I drove a Maxima up and down the California coast, 1600 miles in one week. While it is a lovely car that does alright on the backroads for its size, it is not a G37 or any of the aforementioned RWD sports sedans. At the end of the day, it is a full size sedan and most people who enjoy driving would take a car with a lame name over a car with FWD, increased weight, and a CVT.. unless of course they don't car about that and just want 'name recognition' and some style.. which is obviously Mr. Croony here.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Just saw it yesterday at our local dealer during a launch party. Honest opinion, I love the car and personally would take it over the current. Going to be an amazing ride

Rear

Beneath

Best part. That front end!! Gorgeous and aggressive. Can't wait to see it in black!!

Sexy

Old 05-11-2013, 01:10 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
I can tell its going to have amazing presence in the flesh.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Best part. That front end!! Gorgeous and aggressive.
I don't get what you're feeling, Diego. But to each their own.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 02:28 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I don't get what you're feeling, Diego. But to each their own.
Not feeling it either, but maybe, just maybe if I can get over the fact that our G has been put out to pasture and will never be coming back, this will have to do. Loved the past Gs round taillights and front end, but I DO LOVE the Qs side profile, and the interior looks like they've gone the extra mile.

Maybe there will be someone doing the 2014 to 2013 front end swap
Old 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
The more I look at the front end, I see a lot of inspiration from the shapes you see in eagles. Especially the headlights and the lines around them. Love it.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by nisslover
The more I look at the front end, I see a lot of inspiration from the shapes you see in eagles. Especially the headlights and the lines around them. Love it.
Not sure if I see a lot of inspiration from the shapes of eagles, but I do see a lot of inspiration from a lot of other cars out today. Especially from the older 5 series.

And I hope they have a black grill option for that awful amount of chrome. It's not like it can even be vinyl wrapped with that honeycomb.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 PM
CROONEY1970

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Roch, I drove a Maxima up and down the California coast, 1600 miles in one week. While it is a lovely car that does alright on the backroads for its size, it is not a G37 or any of the aforementioned RWD sports sedans. At the end of the day, it is a full size sedan and most people who enjoy driving would take a car with a lame name over a car with FWD, increased weight, and a CVT.. unless of course they don't car about that and just want 'name recognition' and some style.. which is obviously Mr. Croony here.
How old are you? Just curious? To clarify my gripes with this new scheme. For one (and my main reason) it looks like a transformer and two it's naming is lame. The Maxima looks way better IMO especially with the sports package with 19" rims. When everyone talks about how great the 328's handle, I agree, but for an overall sports sedan, the G37 is the best value. It's back seat is very capable of car seats for kids as I have done the last 5 years in all my G's. the 3 series is too small. So for a sports sedan that can haul your kid and wife in, and scream down the road with nav and tons of other options under $40000, it can't be beat. The Maxima I have always thought of as a second choice to do that and I'm not such a dumb *** as you think I am when you consider what I'm looking for in a sports sedan, wannabesport, and in no way would i drive any Toyata sedan or Chevy sedan product (Love my wife's 2011Tahoe tho)If I feel the need to fly around corners or go to the track,I'll get a Porsche to go with my Nissan/Infiniti sedan.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by nisslover
I see a lot of inspiration from the shapes you see in eagles.
Oh yes, I see that too. It's obvious.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by CROONEY1970
How old are you? Just curious? To clarify my gripes with this new scheme. For one (and my main reason) it looks like a transformer and two it's naming is lame. The Maxima looks way better IMO especially with the sports package with 19" rims. When everyone talks about how great the 328's handle, I agree, but for an overall sports sedan, the G37 is the best value. It's back seat is very capable of car seats for kids as I have done the last 5 years in all my G's. the 3 series is too small. So for a sports sedan that can haul your kid and wife in, and scream down the road with nav and tons of other options under $40000, it can't be beat. The Maxima I have always thought of as a second choice to do that and I'm not such a dumb *** as you think I am when you consider what I'm looking for in a sports sedan, wannabesport, and in no way would i drive any Toyata sedan or Chevy sedan product (Love my wife's 2011Tahoe tho)If I feel the need to fly around corners or go to the track,I'll get a Porsche to go with my Nissan/Infiniti sedan.
Missing my point completely. Carry on.

Diego, I agree it looks fantastic. I think in person it has real presence. Looks wonkier in pics, but in the flesh...
Old 05-11-2013, 05:17 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
What Porsche did you get? My father being 64 years old just bought his dream car moving from a 2001 boxter to a brand new 2013 boxter s with the PDK transmission. What a car! That tranny is amazing with that engine. Porsche is making some amazing unmatched cars right now for sure!

Thanks again for your insight

Didn't buy one, yet. I was a manager at an Infiniti dealership, now I switched over to a Porsche dealership lol.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 PM
SilverTL05

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just checked with my local dealers. They are having the Q50 events in June in Los Angeles area. Vehicles available in July. Can anyone else confirm?
Old 05-11-2013, 05:46 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
The Maxima looks way better IMO especially with the sports package with 19" rims.
At the end of the day, all this is just subjective. Personally, after the 3rd and 4th gen Maxima's, though i owned a 5th, they just went downhill on the designs. I'm glad they reversed the trend of bloat with the 7th gen, but to a lot of Maxima enthusiasts, it was too late.

The tides, much like always, will advance and retreat. It's a cycle.
The following users liked this post:
WannabeSport (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
In Vancouver BC they are having an invite only Q50 event in June. I'm assuming they are having events in the States during the same time.

Quick Reply: 2014 Q50 Review