G37 Sedan

Saw my first Q50 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I notice they seem to be going back to earlier vehicles in regards to rear design...Infiniti on the chrome portion of the trunk lid (instead of separate lettering), etc. My '01 i30 was like that.

While I like the back end more than the front end (at least for now), I think they are losing some of the "uniqueness" that back end of the current G has.

Not sure the car is still available but Id be really interested in more interior pics if possible. I see it looks like better materials on the door panels, interested how the rest of the interior stacks up.

Also not a fan of all the "tags" spread around the body of the car. Q50S, AWD, 3.7....I think it ruins the cleanliness of the design.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
2012G37
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris11LE

Also not a fan of all the "tags" spread around the body of the car. Q50S, AWD, 3.7....I think it ruins the cleanliness of the design.
Agree, most will de-badge as soon as they get home.
My plans is to wait till early 14' end my lease jump into the Q50 , 14' STI or keep(lease -->finance) my current G and upgrade tires and suspension.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2012G37
Agree, most will de-badge as soon as they get home.
My plans is to wait till early 14' end my lease jump into the Q50 , 14' STI or keep(lease -->finance) my current G and upgrade tires and suspension.
And cant you just feel someone is going to swap the 3 and 7 so they claim they have a 7.3L Q50?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^^^ +17. that '37' looks cheesy. we aren't driving a Mustang, where the 5.0 is somewhat acceptable.

as said before, no advancement in performance specs (engine & drivetrain & suspension) - aside from a Hybrid - is a real disappointment. add that to the fact that the 6MT is dropped (for now) and run-flats...not good. infiniti may gain new customers looking for the new styling & tech stuff, but infiniti will lose a share of existing customers unless they step up with meaningful driver-oriented improvements.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:00 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
For me parts of the exterior are great while others fall a little flat but I haven't seen it in person and some cars just don't photograph well. It does look like the Q50 front-wheel gap is now rivaling the QX.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

And the first underside shot.

If the pics don't work head to: A few photos - 2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by nisslover

That wheel gap is ridiculous
Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jim1969
Last one.
The chrome on the door handles is awful
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 AM
jim1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I agree.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

I hate HATE *HATE* exposed cupholders in the center console. Its supposed to be a luxury car, not an econobox!!!

Chrome handles do look ugly....I didnt think they would but now that I see them, blech.

I DO like the stitching and material on the center console, almost like a leather wrapped kinda setup (is it really leather, i have no idea). However: not a fan of the pattern on the seat bottoms....not sure if its unique to hybrid, non-sport, whatever, but Im not a fan of whatever is in those pics.

Like that they moved all the buttons on the steering wheel to a more traditional location.

DO NOT like the fact that the center of the dash is like multiple screens now, I think they could fit a 3rd, why not put one right below the other 2 for poops and giggles? Its nice to have tech and stuff but I think its getting out of hand when you have a dedicated screen for nav and "apps".
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 AM
thestumper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris11LE
DO NOT like the fact that the center of the dash is like multiple screens now, I think they could fit a 3rd, why not put one right below the other 2 for poops and giggles? Its nice to have tech and stuff but I think its getting out of hand when you have a dedicated screen for nav and "apps".
Well, you could put a screen in each sun visor, one in the headrest of each seat, and I'm sure there's some room in the door panels...

I didn't even notice the cup holders - good catch. I'm not a fan of exposed cup holders either - cheapens things even with the fabulous chrome rings around the edges.

The 3.7 badges bother me the most. I wouldn't even drive the car off the lot until they were removed. Not sure the "AWD" badge is necessary either.

Makes you wonder who actually penned these design elements and what "focus group" they were consulting with when they did.

That being said, I still haven't written it off yet. I won't be in the market for a couple of years anyway, so there is plenty of time for a refresh.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM
ErikM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I like the car. All of it.. are there things I'm not fond of, sure but one can pick any car apart.. There are lots of little things I don't like on my current 13x, but things like exposed cup holders... and badges.. what's next don't like the carpet texture, headliner material, some silly pickey crap.. especially since no ones even driven the car yet..
The following users liked this post:
nisslover (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Glenn2008
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
^^^ +17. that '37' looks cheesy. we aren't driving a Mustang, where the 5.0 is somewhat acceptable.

as said before, no advancement in performance specs (engine & drivetrain & suspension) - aside from a Hybrid - is a real disappointment. add that to the fact that the 6MT is dropped (for now) and run-flats...not good. infiniti may gain new customers looking for the new styling & tech stuff, but infiniti will lose a share of existing customers unless they step up with meaningful driver-oriented improvements.

The reason why I bought an Infiniti was the 6MT, the double wishbone suspension and what I view as a real "sport/driver's car". It seems that car manufacturers today are seeing that the majority of people in the market are not interested in driving, but having alot of "do dads" many of which are more of an annoyance than a requirement. It's almost impossible to purchase a car with a manual transmission today. Even if you want to buy a Honda Accord with manual you have to order it and wait a few months for delivery. Let's face it guys, we are a dying breed.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I had an 04 G35, now an 09 G37, and next I can assure you will not be an Infiniti. I'm sure I'm the exception, but I feel the G37 is worse looking than the G35 and now the Q is a giant leap down (for me). The interior's have always improved though. I always felt the G35 was a timeless design, much like the second gen Acura Legend coupe, and in 25 years I bet people will be restoring G35's over G37's and Q50's.

It seems so many cars are going the way of Hyundai. Space age, almost like a modern art deco look, and it kills me. Its like they are taking designs from 20 years ago of what people thought cars would look like in 2020. I personally just do not like it, but to each their own. It seems the Germans will be getting my future business.

I will say this though, I said I would never get a G37 when they first came out. Now here I am! Also, on a non-related note I see a little Mitsubishi in that front end, looks somewhat Lancer-esque.

Originally Posted by P Casey
That wheel gap is ridiculous
X2. First thing I noticed.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM
volnedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I saw a black Q50 on the road yesterday just outside Nissan North America Tech Center in suburban Detroit. It was black/black and the Infiniti emblem on the front grille was covered with black tape, but other than that no camo.

It was driving towards me on the opposite side of the road, so I had better look from the front than the rear. I must say it looks pretty sick in the flesh. Can't wait to test drive one, even though no 6MT will be offered yet.

Quick Reply: Saw my first Q50 today