G37 Sedan

Stolen!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
will you guys STFU and let the OP vent about his stolen car instead of arguing in the thread you are trying to jack?

seriously.....go create another thread in off topic or something.

OP, if you're getting the run-around about the video from the management company, make sure you tell the detective. they have ways of getting that information. IF still nothing.....time to get a lawyer my friend.
You know what you can do dude Mr Tough Internet Guy?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
jude26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just spoke to a buddy of mine who works for Miami Dade Police Dept. He said that the G37, especially the Sport Model are in demand with thieves down here in Miami. Most likely someone will buy a wrecked one at an auction and then go out and steal one like mine to strip it of its parts to fix up the wrecked one. Most of the time, the carcass of the stripped car is never found.
He put the lookout with his buddies in auto theft to be on the lookout for the car in case they were stupid enough to commit a crime with the car before stripping it and he will talk to the detective in charge today to see if there are any updates, but most likely then not its a lost cause.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
jude26

I picked this up as a weekend toy until I figure out what to do to replace the G.
Attached Thumbnails Stolen!!!!!-944t.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by jude26
Just spoke to a buddy of mine who works for Miami Dade Police Dept. He said that the G37, especially the Sport Model are in demand with thieves down here in Miami. Most likely someone will buy a wrecked one at an auction and then go out and steal one like mine to strip it of its parts to fix up the wrecked one. Most of the time, the carcass of the stripped car is never found.
He put the lookout with his buddies in auto theft to be on the lookout for the car in case they were stupid enough to commit a crime with the car before stripping it and he will talk to the detective in charge today to see if there are any updates, but most likely then not its a lost cause.
Damn, yeah this is true. My friend is a cop as well and told me the exact same thing which scares me.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Take note Miami G37S owners, you should all keep video surveillance on your G's so they can catch these guys. I keep checking in hoping you will get it back, but it looks like that is probably not happening.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 PM
502GEE37

I wouldnt know how to react to my G getting jacked. Hope everything works outs for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:17 PM
scrubsauce

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jude26
I was thinking about this recently, when I noticed cars on ebay selling that had been wrecked and rebuilt flawlessly and were going for very cheap. I never understood how they can buy a wrecked car at auction for a pretty penny, buy a bunch of new parts that are also costly, pay mechanics/body shop to fix the cars and then resell them for so cheap. Now it makes a lot of sense they steal cars to use as free parts, so it doesn't cost them anything except labor.

Be on the lookout for used G37S sedans on autotrader and ebay with a salvaged title, if someone in Miami is selling one in the coming weeks/months you can alert the insurance company and maybe they will investigate.. assuming it wasn't shipped out somewhere else.

When will you get a settlement?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by scrubsauce
I was thinking about this recently, when I noticed cars on ebay selling that had been wrecked and rebuilt flawlessly and were going for very cheap. I never understood how they can buy a wrecked car at auction for a pretty penny, buy a bunch of new parts that are also costly, pay mechanics/body shop to fix the cars and then resell them for so cheap. Now it makes a lot of sense they steal cars to use as free parts, so it doesn't cost them anything except labor.

Be on the lookout for used G37S sedans on autotrader and ebay with a salvaged title, if someone in Miami is selling one in the coming weeks/months you can alert the insurance company and maybe they will investigate.. assuming it wasn't shipped out somewhere else.

OR...they can take different same model totaled cars, salvage the good parts out of them, and make a running vehicle without any warranty? You are not required to use new parts to fix up a totaled vehicle...makes no sense. People do this all the time to make a cheap working salvage titled vehicle.

This is what normally happens, not the fact that they steal a car and strip it down for parts. That happens in a rarer occasion for cheap salvaged vehicles.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 PM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
no they can't, they need a title for a car based on a vin number that wasn't stolen. This would always have to be a totaled or salvaged car. If they wanted a car for themselves they could steal one and swap in the VIN numbers from a salvaged car to register it. Either way it's still a salvaged title.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
TVD
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This information is a little late, but it is something I do to every new car I purchase. I put in a toggle switch that ungrounds the coil, or starter. I put it up under the dash out of sight. You can push the button till the cows come home and nothing will happen until you flip the switch. This has thwarted at least 2 attempts to steal my cars over the years. It's just easier to move to another car than spend time on one that won't start. Most electronic/radio stores and can install a "kill" switch for $50 bucks. IMO a good investment.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM
jude26

Originally Posted by scrubsauce

Not sure if there will be a settlement since its a lease. If state farms number is low, than GAP insurance will cover, but I have a buddy with a leased G who says that in the fine print Infiniti says that if its under you don't owe anything, but if its over they don't send you the excess.
This is why I hope State Farm will cut them a check for what is owed and cut me a seperate check for the difference so that I don't have to wait to get a check from Infiniti.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 PM
speedmaster

Just read this man. Sorry to hear about your loss. Karma is a bitch.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 PM
jdiesel

hey guys im new and have only owned a g37 sedan for 2 months but mine got stolen yesterday from my parking lot... it appears a fake tow truck grabbed it really early in the morning... i also live in south florida... i guess it was fun while it lasted ... hopefully the insurance wont screw me
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by jdiesel
hey guys im new and have only owned a g37 sedan for 2 months but mine got stolen yesterday from my parking lot... it appears a fake tow truck grabbed it really early in the morning... i also live in south florida... i guess it was fun while it lasted ... hopefully the insurance wont screw me
Ouch, not a fun thread at all
Old 07-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Invalid
Registered Member

This is making me nervous as I live in Central Florida and make a few trips down to Miami once a while. Isn't there better cars to steal? Mercedes, Lexus etc???

Quick Reply: Stolen!!!!!