G37 Sedan

Stolen!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 01:26 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by scrubsauce
What people? What pass? Do you know how a LARGE gated community works? There is a guard when you enter who writes up temp. passes and an exit gate that opens automatically, for everyone who wants to leave. Nobody sits by the exit and opens gates, guests don't have keycards, guests don't sit there and wait for a guard who is busy dealing with guests coming in to let them out. I've been to 20 gated communities and none of them require someone to let you out. You drive over the sensor and you're gone.

There are devices out there that will unlock the car. Even if they break the window they'll be gone before anyone gets out of bed. There are many techniques to breaking glass quietly or with minimal sound.

I thought you were done with this thread?
Dude...relax. Take it easy. You don't need to be so condescending. My gated community uses a keycard. That disproves your theory that every gate does this. For guests, they get a temporary paper keycard that is swiped.

We don't know exactly every single detail of what happened? His car could've been taken by a flatbed. We don't know because we haven't seen it. I'm not denying the fact there are no professional thieves out there that can steal even the most secure vehicles. (To be honest, if I were a professional thief, I would be stealing much higher end cars than just an Infiniti. I would probably target Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus first, as their parts are higher in value.) For all we know, the OP could've just left his door unlocked and thieves accessed it easily. However, this is a rare occurrence and people are making it into a much bigger deal than it really is. It's unfortunate this happened to the OP, but life moves on. It's just a car.

Again, our cars are not stolen as often as you may think. The whole point of this is to get auto theft insurance, and park your car in a well lit area to prevent things like this happening. You don't need to argue.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 04-12-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
America's Most Stolen Cars: Cadillac Escalade, Ford F-250, Infiniti G37, Dodge Charger Top List - ABC News

G37's are actually stolen quite a bit. I do agree that we have no idea how the car was stolen. Obviously there are numerous ways to steal a car and arguing does little to prove one way or another in this case. OP sorry for your luck.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Redpit
America's Most Stolen Cars: Cadillac Escalade, Ford F-250, Infiniti G37, Dodge Charger Top List - ABC News

G37's are actually stolen quite a bit. I do agree that we have no idea how the car was stolen. Obviously there are numerous ways to steal a car and arguing does little to prove one way or another in this case. OP sorry for your luck.
^ True. I read about that. The article does imply the use of flatbeds to steal the vehicle, not some sort of computer hacking (which still can be done.)

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...en_cars/5.html

Plus, it is referring to the G37 coupe, not the sedan. And the statistic is 7.1 out of every 1000. That's not a very high percentage. You're more likely to get into a car accident and total your vehicle than your car being stolen.

Plus, it may be referring to the amount of wheels being stolen, not actual car theft. That is quite common on the G, since there are no wheel locks standard.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 04-12-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:44 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
If it was a flat bed, most trucks have logo's or other identifying information on them. Lets hope there was some sort of video surveillance.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's the list of most stolen cars in the US from NICB...this is 2011 data,

1994 Honda Accord
1998 Honda Civic
2006 Ford Pickup (Full Size)
1991 Toyota Camry
2000 Dodge Caravan
1994 Acura Integra
1999 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
2004 Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
2002 Ford Explorer
1994 Nissan Sentra
Old 04-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
You need to understand the stats though. Yes there are thousands more of all those models stolen, but there are 10,000's if not 100,000's more of those cars. I'm not saying the G is the most stolen car by shear numbers.

Basically take your Accord on that list. Lets says you risk a .05% chance it is stolen if you own that car. While a G37 has a 2% chance of getting stolen (Totally made up numbers, but my math is correct).

Lets try to keep this thread on topic guys. I just truly feel bad for the OP and don't want to deminish his loss by arguing.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:59 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to understand the stats though. Yes there are thousands more of all those models stolen, but there are 10,000's if not 100,000's more of those cars. I'm not saying the G is the most stolen car by shear numbers.

Basically take your Accord on that list. Lets says you risk a .05% chance it is stolen if you own that car. While a G37 has a 2% chance of getting stolen (Totally made up numbers, but my math is correct).

Lets try to keep this thread on topic guys. I just truly feel bad for the OP and don't want to deminish his loss by arguing.
I understand stats...I deal with them in business every day.

Yes, if you compare stats to how many stolen by how many sold it looks higher.
But that's not the point...the point is what is "actually" stolen more and why they are stolen. Your most common cars are stolen because there is a market for them...has nothing to do with how many sold versus how many stolen.
Also just using that data of more Honda's versus less Infinfi's does not really mean it increases your chance of your Infiniti being stolen. There are many other parameters to look at than just how many are out there. It's about demand, location, location, location, and most importantly how secure your car is.
Give any given stats to 10 people and they will all make something different out of it that fits their theory...

Best way to keep your car from being stolen at night is to keep it in a garage...otherwise it's possible to be stolen any night.
I know this doesn't work for everyone, but that's just the reality of it...the only time I have ever had a car stolen was when I lived in an apartment. That is one of the largest factors right there.

Another thing, if your car is actually targeted by a professional that steals cars for a living, they will get it even if it is locked.
Most cars that are taken for "joy rides" were actually left unlocked and many times have the keys in them.
Most car break ins occur because someone left something in sight in the car that looked tempting to someone.

Last edited by tejasg37x; 04-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:01 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Of course I know statistics...I already posted the statistics...7.1 stolen out of every 1,000, which means it is a 0.71% stolen G37 coupe. Remember, they are referring to coupes, not sedans.

Still, that is extremely low. You are far more likely to total your car through an accident than having the car stolen. Let's not confuse things here. The most stolen car on the list is for the coupe version, not the sedan.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:50 PM
jude26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doors were definitely not unlocked.

Still no word. Called police for an update today and got a voicemail of the detective. Also getting the runaround regarding the management company regarding the video. They are not returning my calls. Not sure what action I can take in that respect.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
I understand stats...I deal with them in business every day.

Yes, if you compare stats to how many stolen by how many sold it looks higher.
But that's not the point...the point is what is "actually" stolen more and why they are stolen. Your most common cars are stolen because there is a market for them...has nothing to do with how many sold versus how many stolen.
Also just using that data of more Honda's versus less Infinfi's does not really mean it increases your chance of your Infiniti being stolen. There are many other parameters to look at than just how many are out there. It's about demand, location, location, location, and most importantly how secure your car is.
Give any given stats to 10 people and they will all make something different out of it that fits their theory...

Best way to keep your car from being stolen at night is to keep it in a garage...otherwise it's possible to be stolen any night.
I know this doesn't work for everyone, but that's just the reality of it...the only time I have ever had a car stolen was when I lived in an apartment. That is one of the largest factors right there.

Another thing, if your car is actually targeted by a professional that steals cars for a living, they will get it even if it is locked.
Most cars that are taken for "joy rides" were actually left unlocked and many times have the keys in them.
Most car break ins occur because someone left something in sight in the car that looked tempting to someone.
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Of course I know statistics...I already posted the statistics...7.1 stolen out of every 1,000, which means it is a 0.71% stolen G37 coupe. Remember, they are referring to coupes, not sedans.

Still, that is extremely low. You are far more likely to total your car through an accident than having the car stolen. Let's not confuse things here. The most stolen car on the list is for the coupe version, not the sedan.
^ True. I read about that. The article does imply the use of flatbeds to steal the vehicle, not some sort of computer hacking (which still can be done.)

America's most stolen cars - Infiniti G37 Coupe (5) - CNNMoney.com

Plus, it is referring to the G37 coupe, not the sedan. And the statistic is 7.1 out of every 1000. That's not a very high percentage. You're more likely to get into a car accident and total your vehicle than your car being stolen.

Plus, it may be referring to the amount of wheels being stolen, not actual car theft. That is quite common on the G, since there are no wheel locks standard.

Dude...relax. Take it easy. You don't need to be so condescending. My gated community uses a keycard. That disproves your theory that every gate does this. For guests, they get a temporary paper keycard that is swiped.

We don't know exactly every single detail of what happened? His car could've been taken by a flatbed. We don't know because we haven't seen it. I'm not denying the fact there are no professional thieves out there that can steal even the most secure vehicles. (To be honest, if I were a professional thief, I would be stealing much higher end cars than just an Infiniti. I would probably target Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus first, as their parts are higher in value.) For all we know, the OP could've just left his door unlocked and thieves accessed it easily. However, this is a rare occurrence and people are making it into a much bigger deal than it really is. It's unfortunate this happened to the OP, but life moves on. It's just a car.

Again, our cars are not stolen as often as you may think. The whole point of this is to get auto theft insurance, and park your car in a well lit area to prevent things like this happening. You don't need to argue.

will you guys STFU and let the OP vent about his stolen car instead of arguing in the thread you are trying to jack?

seriously.....go create another thread in off topic or something.

OP, if you're getting the run-around about the video from the management company, make sure you tell the detective. they have ways of getting that information. IF still nothing.....time to get a lawyer my friend.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Blodngutz

How can someone jack a G if they don't have the I-keys with them? Unless they loaded it on a flat bed! Is there any other way?

Sorry for your loss jude26. I hope it turns up!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:01 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
will you guys STFU and let the OP vent about his stolen car instead of arguing in the thread you are trying to jack?

seriously.....go create another thread in off topic or something.

OP, if you're getting the run-around about the video from the management company, make sure you tell the detective. they have ways of getting that information. IF still nothing.....time to get a lawyer my friend.
Again, why does it matter? He has his insurance company dealing with it. They're going to take care of him whether he gets his car back or not. No need to stress out more trying to figure out who it is. He will be made whole again.

How will a lawyer help? Isn't this all the insurance company's job?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM
scrubsauce

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you guys think of this?

This guy lives nearby to me, might get it installed.

Waste of time and money or legit security?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Problem is, no one pays attention to car alarms these days. I've seen cars on tow trucks with their alarms still blasting.

If someone wants your car, they'll get it.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 PM
jude26

Originally Posted by dkmura
If the G was locked, the security deactivation system should have killed the ignition. The thieves would have to use a flatbed to tow the car away- not very likely in a gated secure community. Was it locked and did you have all the i-keys?
Yes, doors were locked and I have both keys.

Quick Reply: Stolen!!!!!