G37 Sedan

Stolen!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:39 PM
jude26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmann
*checks security camera feed* yep still there - safe and sound. Sorry for your loss, I hope it all works out. What city are you located in?
North Miami Beach.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jude26
North Miami Beach.

That sucks and makes me very worried as well since our cars are identical. i thought these cars were hard to steal.

So I've heard stories of unethical shops duplicating customer car keys and stealing their cars later. have you had any work done by any shops recently?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:10 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by My'09G37X
Watch this video starting at 21:11
So what's the point? I mean you can say this about anything. Any car will be defeated eventually, but honestly, our cars aren't even CLOSE to be the top stolen vehicle in the US.

Thieves like to target older vehicles that are much easier to steal. For every one Infiniti stolen there are probably 15 Toyota Camry's stolen...

Also, time is an important factor. An Infiniti dealer takes 30 minutes to program keys. By then, someone would probably notice and the risk is too great. Plus, if we can afford an Infiniti, we could probably afford auto theft insurance.

Like what you're saying is pretty much what America banks and corporations face every single day when hackers try to hack their system. Eventually, once in a while, a hacker will go through. However, the chances of that happening aren't that high. Does that mean we shouldn't store money in banks anymore and just keep a safe in our houses? Because that can be cracked too.

So, to really think about what you're saying, you need to first take a lot of time to hack open the door (because you don't have the transponder key to open it, plug into the OBD reader for the computer to register, and then program the key to have the car turn on (which still takes 30 minutes MINIMUM by Infiniti Dealer.) The computer systems operate on the same principle: to erase your keys and reprogram new ones. Do you honestly think that most thieves are going to risk taking this long before getting caught by a witness?

This stolen Infiniti is quite rare, and you don't hear of this at all except once in a blue moon. I suspect the person who stole the vehicle probably knew about this for a while now and wasn't actually a random on the spot theft. Of course the other option would be to flat bed the vehicle and steal it that way, which is far easier than trying to hack through the computer.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 04-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:13 PM
mr_nlu
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
that really sucks man sorry about that, didnt know theft was an issue with the g
Old 04-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Alaa Wehbeh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by My'09G37X
Man that sucks.. hope everything works out in your favor.

Car thieves have the techbology to walk up to a car with a device and unlock it and turn the car on wirhout setting the alarm off, even with cars with key fobs.
maybe in Hollywood budd
Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 PM
R1cky
Registered Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts
strange story... perhaps you should post some pics and info of your car so people can be on the look out.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by R1cky
strange story... perhaps you should post some pics and info of your car so people can be on the look out.
Why???? Who wants to find a stolen car that has been possibly beaten, abused, and whatever else they do to them. About 20 years ago my boss had a brand new car stolen...and recovered two days later. While not totaled, the car was wrecked, trashed, and screwed up. Never was the same. If stolen by a pro....you'll never find it. If the car was stolen by a joyrider...he/she will have driven the heck out of it. While the body might look ok, who knows what happened to the engine/transmission/suspension. IMO...kiss it goodby and get something else.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM
jude26

Originally Posted by Zack342
That sucks and makes me very worried as well since our cars are identical. i thought these cars were hard to steal.

So I've heard stories of unethical shops duplicating customer car keys and stealing their cars later. have you had any work done by any shops recently?
All work has been done at Infiniti of Coconut Creek.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
scrubsauce

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
So what's the point? I mean you can say this about anything. Any car will be defeated eventually, but honestly, our cars aren't even CLOSE to be the top stolen vehicle in the US.

Thieves like to target older vehicles that are much easier to steal. For every one Infiniti stolen there are probably 15 Toyota Camry's stolen...

Also, time is an important factor. An Infiniti dealer takes 30 minutes to program keys.
By then, someone would probably notice and the risk is too great. Plus, if we can afford an Infiniti, we could probably afford auto theft insurance.
You don't know what you're talking about. Infiniti is high up on the list of stolen cars in Miami, esp a stick shift with S package. It's all about demand, if the customer wants a G37S they will go out and find one. Also in many countries G37s are very popular, and Infiniti in general has gotten a lot of praise in the last few years due to the GTR and 370z winning a lot of awards. Naturally thieves will go looking into stealing G37s.

15 Camry's is nothing considering they sell 400,000 a year. Any thief going after a G37, or BMW is going to be professional.

The dealer takes 30 minutes so they can charge you more shop time. it takes 1 minute to program a key, or less.

Watch and learn how they steal a $50k 1M in 3 minutes..

Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 PM
jude26

First day home.....
Attached Thumbnails Stolen!!!!!-1st-day-home.jpg   Stolen!!!!!-124-miles.jpg  
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
AKat

Very sorry!! Can't imagine the sick feeling you had when you realized it was gone.
I'd be pushing hard to see the camera feed. Someone has to remember something.. you just don't forget a roll back pulling in and loading a car up. Unless security was in on it or asleep.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Alaa Wehbeh
maybe in Hollywood budd
Actually you are both right, in Cali they are stealing cars just as he described:

What's The Secret Device Thieves In California Are Using To Break Into Cars?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Lokosis
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jude26
First day home.....
Glad your car is back! So what happened?! Did you just forget where you parked it? j/k
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
^^I think that's a different car. It only has 124 miles.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 AM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by scrubsauce
You don't know what you're talking about. Infiniti is high up on the list of stolen cars in Miami, esp a stick shift with S package. It's all about demand, if the customer wants a G37S they will go out and find one. Also in many countries G37s are very popular, and Infiniti in general has gotten a lot of praise in the last few years due to the GTR and 370z winning a lot of awards. Naturally thieves will go looking into stealing G37s.

15 Camry's is nothing considering they sell 400,000 a year. Any thief going after a G37, or BMW is going to be professional.

The dealer takes 30 minutes so they can charge you more shop time. it takes 1 minute to program a key, or less.

Watch and learn how they steal a $50k 1M in 3 minutes..

Stolen BMW 1M - YouTube
Uhh yeah okay...that might fly in another country, but it is different here. That is so blatantly obvious that the car was being stolen. Plus do you think they're going to push it out a gate here? Please. Maybe if you parked your car in Harlem or some sketchy neighborhood that may happen, but this one required a whole team of people to steal a car. How do you know it isn't staged either?

I'm not denying there are professional thieves out there. What I am saying is that people don't need to panic because this type of occurrence doesn't happen often enough to cause for alarm.

I looked up more videos of the BMWs being stolen and they are the same thieves in the same neighborhood vicinity in England...I don't see any in the US. This is just specific only to the UK, and BMWs before the model year 2011.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/te...oophole-868400

Last edited by mathnerd88; 04-11-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Stolen!!!!!