G37 Sedan

Car damaged during tint install

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM
mystikal
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
since your car is that new...you might wanna just replace the entire door...look around in a junk yard or something. sometimes you might get lucky and find yourself a nice clean cheap door...same color...no need to repaint...and keep the remainder money for all the headache
Old 04-11-2013, 09:48 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
^Because that ain't janky LOL Some junk yard door that is all scratched and nasty or a brand new door with a ding in it... hmmm LOL
Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
If it isn't noticeable , i would say just forget it since its a lease and just have the shop pay for the tint installation. Is it really worth it to keep your car away for 3 days and hit the poor shop with $1200. Sure they made a mistake, but accidents happen.
You are a fool, you would let a tiny job is around $100-200.
They caused the damage, make them fix it.
Try & get a few estimates.
The three c's come into play.
Care / custody / control.

It was damaged so they did not use reasonable care.
Car was in the shops possession when this occurred.
They failed to maintain control of car, indirectly causing the Damages.
100% they are liable, had a similar situation with a young girl hit my g 1st week I had it she backed into it.

Felt bad bad had $1,050 in damage I didn't do, made her pay the damage.,
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 PM
07 Ivory Pearl

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jmann
Do you have any reasons to back up your opinion on this? At the lease end you have the option to buy a used car that you know the complete history of, you know if it was ever in an accident, has ever had any mechanical problems, exactly how it was driven and how well maintained it was. Unless comparable used cars are on the market for less than your payoff, why wouldn't you take advantage of that? Unless of course you have reasons to not want to keep it, or just want to keep leasing new cars all the time....
Originally Posted by FourT2
I am thinking the same way. Why would not you want to buy out your leased car if it is a good deal? I think of it as try before you buy.
On a lease your buyouts residual value (future value) is predetermined before your purchase and that buyout is only based off MSRP (not the negotiated lease price). Almost 99% of the time at the end of your lease your buyout is wayyy higher than if purchasing the same exact car with same exact package and milage out of the used cars. The only positive benefit is you know the condition and maintenance of your lease.

Originally Posted by ilyas
if you turn the car in after you lease is over, you will need to pay for this - so forgetting about it is ridiculous.
Most likely not. Most car manufactures give a 1 to 2 inch max and you don't have to worry about along with scratches etc. Just need to check with the dealership and they will tell you the rules of your lease. From the look of it a good PDR guy get that out. I had a very similar dent in my previous car and the guy came to my house charged my $75 and couldn't even find it. It was truely an art these PDR guys have.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 AM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Leasing companies try to estimate the value based on age and mileage to determine what the residual should be. If it depreciates more than they expect then yes buying them out is a bad deal. If they do not depreciate as much as expected then it can be a good deal. Used car values have been holding up better than expected lately, at least in my area. It is a gamble. Sometimes it is beneficial, sometimes it is not.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I ended up asking Ryan from Ryan's PDR to fix this for me. The dent is almost entirely gone. Can't be removed completely because it is on the very edge of the door in a tough spot, but it is much much better. Cost me $160. If you are in Seattle area and need a ding fixed, contact this guy Ryan Snider Paintless Dent Repair
Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FourT2
I ended up asking Ryan from Ryan's PDR to fix this for me. The dent is almost entirely gone. Can't be removed completely because it is on the very edge of the door in a tough spot, but it is much much better. Cost me $160. If you are in Seattle area and need a ding fixed, contact this guy Ryan Snider Paintless Dent Repair
I too have had good luck with PDR. It will be interesting to see if the repair passes the inspection at lease return. Generally they allow you several dings provided they are not larger in diameter than a quarter.