Old 03-30-2013, 10:35 PM
crazysim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off topic but I live on SI as well lol
Old 03-31-2013, 12:16 AM
WILLDOGS
Registered Member

I hate to say it, but the more emergency warning lights there are on a vehicle in NYC, the more likely it belongs to a volunteer, most likely Hatzolah.

They all use their own vehicles and as along as they carry life saving equipment, they are legally allowed to have lights and sirens on their cars. Through their tight political connections, they got the law changed to allow this.

In NYC there are a few dozen Law Enforcement agencies along with countless other volunteer EMS and Jewish "Security" who use lights and sirens.

Ever hear of the shomrim? Look them up. They are all over.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Staten Island does not have one of these.
This isn't Brooklyn, your talking about Hasidic.
SI has no where near the Hasidic community like Brooklyn.
SI doesn't have a volunteer ems, they have either fdny ems or private ambulance.
My sister is a nurse, no volunteers & she works in the emergency room @ both si north/south site.

idk what your talking about.,
Old 03-31-2013, 10:43 AM
FastEddie13G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are plenty of those volunteers on Staten Island anyone you see with a VAS on their plate volunteers with a volunteer place there are many people with those plates on Staten Island and they are all over Brooklyn. I used to work in Brooklyn and we worked hand in hand with them and they actually respond faster than most city Emt and fdny probable because they drive like lunatics lol
One of my neighbors works for volunteer heart and and he has the plate.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 PM
RISKY GUY

Never seen one on the island, I have lived here my whole life.
I'm not doubting your neighbor is a vas, never seen one before.
So it's all good, whatever if they would have hit me I would have proof it was their fault.
Camera light on Arthur kill & Richmond Avenue.

Here's a Sti cop car marked unit.

Last edited by RISKY GUY; 03-31-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:14 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
I hate to say it, but the more emergency warning lights there are on a vehicle in NYC, the more likely it belongs to a volunteer, most likely Hatzolah.

They all use their own vehicles and as along as they carry life saving equipment, they are legally allowed to have lights and sirens on their cars. Through their tight political connections, they got the law changed to allow this.

In NYC there are a few dozen Law Enforcement agencies along with countless other volunteer EMS and Jewish "Security" who use lights and sirens.

Ever hear of the shomrim? Look them up. They are all over.

I need to understand something, I use to work for a Non_emergency medical responder and we were not allowed to use our light at any time only at the airport and some of my coworker were pulled over by the police cuz they were driving with light on, and now those guys are allowed ??????
Something is not right, thought it was illegal to act as an authority figure.

HATZOLOH
Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 AM
amt120

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm glad you're ok, but references to Jewish/civilian police somehow reminds me of the movie National Security with Martin Lawrence. Do they have the authority to arrest people and issue citations?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:59 AM
RISKY GUY

They usually patrol the Hasidic community, majority in Brooklyn. Boro park section,park slope, Carroll gardens.
That community does not participate in everyday life, they only interact with other Orthodox Jews. When a crime is committed, usually they are contacted first as most do not trust regular police. As far as arrests go, I think not sure,they can only deatain you until nypd show up. They do work with police to solve crimes, Leiby Kletzky 8 year old boy was kidnapped & murdered.
They police their own neighborhood, sort of like a neighborhood watch. But a more active presence.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM
crazysim

I live in a Jewish part of the island. Nothing like Brooklyn because the Hasidic community on SI doesn't have beards or stuff like that (most of them anyway) but 85% of my neighbors for blocks in any direction is religious. (they are *******s but that's a different story) There's a few people in the neighborhood that have the sirens on their car. One of them is a Tahoe and the other is 09 maxima. I'm sure there more but I see these 2 everyday because they live right by me. They have the sirens bolted to the top of the car.
They are not cops, they help with medical related stuff only. They aren't cops. People call them or the ambulances. But when they get called they drive like they own the roads because they have sirens, I don't give them no courtesy because they have no real authority and are ****s
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazysim
I live in a Jewish part of the island. Nothing like Brooklyn because the Hasidic community on SI doesn't have beards or stuff like that (most of them anyway) but 85% of my neighbors for blocks in any direction is religious. (they are *******s but that's a different story)
What different story? You mean the same stories the Germans were telling about all of them being "*******s"?

But when they get called they drive like they own the roads because they have sirens, I don't give them no courtesy because they have no real authority and are ****s
Luckily, the people with "real authority" over there are so wonderful, and they don't drive like they own the roads even with the sirens on.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
RISKY GUY

I live in a Jewish part of the island. Nothing like Brooklyn because the Hasidic community on SI doesn't have beards or stuff like that (most of them anyway) but 85% of my neighbors for blocks in any direction is religious. (they are *******s but that's a different story) There's a few people in the neighborhood that have the sirens on their car. One of them is a Tahoe and the other is 09 maxima. I'm sure there more but I see these 2 everyday because they live right by me. They have the sirens bolted to the top of the car.
They are not cops, they help with medical related stuff only. They aren't cops. People call them or the ambulances. But when they get called they drive like they own the roads because they have sirens, I don't give them no courtesy because they have no real authority and are ****s
You do know si is about 60-70% Italian.
I've lived here longer than I care to mention.
what neighborhood are you talking about?

SI has a total of 6 temples, one is across the street from me.

Not that I'm an expert on demographics, when I was in grade school & intermediate, not one single Jewish kid in any of my classes.
Except me.

Now obviously different. But there are no real Jewish meighborhoods,just section here & there.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 PM
crazysim

I live in willowbrook. Off of forest hill road by the back entrance of CSI. Young Israel temple is a few blocks away so a lot of Jewish people live here. Its the only area like this that I know of on the island.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
crazysim

Originally Posted by visualguy
What different story? You mean the same stories the Germans were telling about all of them being "*******s"?

Luckily, the people with "real authority" over there are so wonderful, and they don't drive like they own the roads even with the sirens on.
Im not sure what either of your posts mean.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
RISKY GUY

This is way off topic, stick to the topic.
New marked or unmarked units.
That was the point of this thread.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM
stealthcivic

Why hate on the police man? I think it is awesome that the police have a blacked out G with lights rollin through an intersection blazin!
I am also glad you are safe, and did not have any accident. If they had their lights lit up , that's a good thing!
Be safe man!

Quick Reply: Almost got hit by g37 sedan police car