G37 Sedan

How many dents do you have on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 PM
owslystnly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got one tiny one that irks me, just behind the wheel on the front wheel fender area. Got it within the first ~month I had the car. Still don't know how it happened, as I park in the equivalent of Alaska whenever I go anywhere.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Blodngutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No dents and no chips. Only had the car for 3 weeks now. There is some light pitting on the front bumper but I did buy it with 7000km on it. I always fix chips with touch up paint as I will on this one. I had a few dents on the '09 CC, compressed air took them right out.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
1 Dent that will require 2 panels to be repainted to be fixed. Hella pissed. Details: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...t-install.html
Old 04-06-2013, 02:29 AM
MotoJB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
two door dings on right rear fender due to parking lot idiots. (I bought the car that way). Now someone backed into my front bumper and grill...left a bunch of small scratches. So pissed. WTF is wrong with people?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:38 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MotoJB
WTF is wrong with people?
I ask myself that question every day. On the parking lot. On the freeway (another parking lot). At intersections, in shopping malls, at work etc.

The other day I parked very very far away from everyone, now this moron lady pulls up right next to me, though there were plenty of parking spaces much closer to the store front door. She just swings her door open without much care and rushes to the store. She was maybe a foot too far to do any damage but it shows that some people treat their car as just a commuting appliance and don't realize that someone else might actually care about what their ride looks like. Must.... control..... fist of ... death...
Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by FourT2
...but it shows that some people treat their car as just a commuting appliance and don't realize that someone else might actually care about what their ride looks like.
That's it right there. And it begs the question: is it fair to judge those people because they look at cars differently?

Actually, yes. Yes it is. If you (try to) live your life with the simple rule that you give people the respect that you expect in return, then absolutely it's right to expect strangers to respect your property, even if they don't respect their own.

The trick is not freaking out when you're inevitably disappointed. If someone figures that one out, let me know. In the meantime, I continue to park as far away from the general public as humanly possible, or simply not at all.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Doubleminded

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
It's sad when someone who cares for their car has to keep it parked in bum **** Egypt to avoid door ding. People just have no respect anymore for others.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FourT2
I ask myself that question every day. On the parking lot. On the freeway (another parking lot). At intersections, in shopping malls, at work etc.

The other day I parked very very far away from everyone, now this moron lady pulls up right next to me, though there were plenty of parking spaces much closer to the store front door. She just swings her door open without much care and rushes to the store. She was maybe a foot too far to do any damage but it shows that some people treat their car as just a commuting appliance and don't realize that someone else might actually care about what their ride looks like. Must.... control..... fist of ... death...
One must always the assume the worst about the driving public. Several times in my life I have confronted those whom I witnessed letting their door slam into my car....only confronting when when obvious damage occurred...not just a small ding. Several perpetrators have been apologetic, but most have denied having done the deed. I've tried speaking nicely, yelling, and even keying the car of an unresponsive person who actually dented my car....and then said it was only a "Ford". Nothing works...and its not worth going to jail to get even. I just try to park with my nose uphill and into the wind, next to nice cars with small doors. Seems to work most of the time. The 2010 G I just returned at lease end had only one ding...and it was minor. (30,000 miles)
Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Schulminator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That is why my freshly painted G unfortunately sits in the garage 70% of the time. I would lose my mind if I witnessed someone doing any damage to it.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:13 AM
FunG37

my car got keyed after 2 weeks of me leasing it. Still had temp plates on...
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FunG37
my car got keyed after 2 weeks of me leasing it. Still had temp plates on...
that hurts my soul.

I had someone hit and run my G with their lifted F250 after they broke into my friends camaro and 335 to steal their backpacks at the park. didnt break into my car cause they saw the aftermarket alarm i assume, but ended up smashing into the back of it as they left which got everyone attention since my alarm is annoyingly loud. sadly no-one got plates and we waited for the police to come for 4 hours before dispatch told us they werent coming and would come to our respective homes to get a report. lucky for me they decided to come at 3am the night before a med school skills exam.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 PM
R1cky
Registered Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts
i had 3 dents... now zero

Old 04-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
zero.........
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Had two...have none. Best $125 I've spent on her. No chips - front end, mirrors and trunk have ClearBra.
G35Driver - View Single Post - Pdr
Professionally detailed/polished once per year.
I'm now searching for a solid piece of wood to knock on.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:04 PM
JDM_OBP

just one small ding on my driver's door right under the mirror. But I do have a crap load of rock chips on my front bumper and a few chips on the hood. Sport bumper coming soon though then a visit to the PDR guy.