G37 Sedan

My G Sedan Progress!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:37 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts
Nice.

It's great how you personalized the G to your liking.

I really interested in the Invidia q300 exhaust...looks sweet.
If you could share where you bought it, that would be great.
Exhaust "might" be my next mod.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 AM
xzeus
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by canucklehead
I like the effort you've put in so far. Props for working at making your ride unique!

Are window curtains legal on the fronts? Never seen those for the driver window before. I guess I can think of a few instances where they would be handy...
im pretty sure its not legal if your actually using them. but then again im in CA and front tint is not legal either lol.

Originally Posted by dluu213
How did you wrap the lid covering the change holder? Does that piece come off? I'm going to be wrapping my car also soon.
i took the whole center console portion off, felt it was a cleaner way of doing it. i believe it might have been attached with screws.

Originally Posted by dragion
Nice.

It's great how you personalized the G to your liking.

I really interested in the Invidia q300 exhaust...looks sweet.
If you could share where you bought it, that would be great.
Exhaust "might" be my next mod.

Thanks!
i got it from one of the vendors on the board. particular vendor was genome
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 AM
maximaseefu

looks nice man, like the interior.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
The curtains are very unique. I've never seen anything like that before. They look quite VIP, particularly with that nice, faux-wood vinyl trim, although more befitting an M than a G, perhaps. Either way, it's something I would see on a car and say, "That's pretty cool!" Also, while they look good in the back, I wouldn't put them on the front at all. Even when rolled up, they interfere with the peripheral vision as you look around. Pretty sure you'll get harassed about them the next time you get pulled over by a traffic cop, if not written up.

Everything else I dislike. Sorry. Particularly the ricey burnt Ti-tips, and the plastic on the windows... although I recognize the functional value of those window pieces. They go hand-in-hand with the curtains, and I'm guessing the baby in the back seat. But then, if there's a baby in the back seat, where do you put the stroller now that the trunk space is compromised?

Last edited by Rochester; 03-18-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The curtains are very unique. I've never seen anything like that before. They look quite VIP, particularly with that nice, faux-wood vinyl trim, although more befitting an M than a G, perhaps. Either way, it's something I would see on a car and say, "That's pretty cool!" Also, while they look good in the back, I wouldn't put them on the front at all. Even when rolled up, they interfere with the peripheral vision as you look around. Pretty sure you'll get harassed about them the next time you get pulled over by a traffic cop, if not written up.
I was basically about to say the same thing. You beat me to it.

I just don't understand the purpose of having them in the front. Do you sleep in your car? Are you using it to keep some of the heat out of the car when its parked outside? Do you hide your kids Christmas presents in the cabin of your car and draw the curtains to keep your kids from looking inside?

In the end it doesn't matter what I think as long as you're happy with the way it looks. To each their own.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:29 PM
xzeus
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

Everything else I dislike. Sorry. Particularly the ricey burnt Ti-tips, and the plastic on the windows... although I recognize the functional value of those window pieces. They go hand-in-hand with the curtains, and I'm guessing the baby in the back seat. But then, if there's a baby in the back seat, where do you put the stroller now that the trunk space is compromised?
Originally Posted by My'09G37X
I was basically about to say the same thing. You beat me to it.

I just don't understand the purpose of having them in the front. Do you sleep in your car? Are you using it to keep some of the heat out of the car when its parked outside? Do you hide your kids Christmas presents in the cabin of your car and draw the curtains to keep your kids from looking inside?

In the end it doesn't matter what I think as long as you're happy with the way it looks. To each their own.
Ya, totally understandable. i would prefer them on an M but unfortunately in my current situation, i couldn't afford the M'ness lol. I however do not use them while i am driving as they are pretty dark and would disrupt my vision. I would think mainly for now, they are for aesthetics purposes. I did however drive around without the fronts, but since i've had an extra pair that i already paid for, i figured i would put them on instead of sitting in the garage.
i do not have any kids at the moment, still single...... so no need for strollers or closing the curtains for the babies. But like you guys said it would be helpful if i did sleep in the car or for road trips.
Also, thats why i was looking for a boxology type enclosure that fits cleaner on the side. but since i haven't found anywhere that continues to sell those, my other option would either find a place to make a custom box or make my own
As mentioned, i did have feel more of a VIP inspired path, which probably made me consider getting curtains and wood looking interior.

i do use the window visors a lot and had them on my previous car, and found it helpful especailly when im parked and crack the window. I did find another brand - AVS which are more sleeker in design and would have opted for those if i knew about them at the time. but overall, they work good for me.

Sometimes i do wish i went for the more non ricey stainless tips, but blahh o wells, whats done is done can always pick up new tips later down the road i suppose.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by xzeus
can always pick up new tips later down the road i suppose.
You certainly can do that. And as long as the ID of the neck is wider than the OD of the pipe welded to the face of the muffler, you can easily weld new tips directly to the muffler.

Taste is subjective. Like what you like, change it when you don't.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
where did u get the curtains!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
xzeus
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Djfarhan
where did u get the curtains!
A friend picked them up for me at the autobacs in Japan.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
i so want!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 PM
205g37

Nice progress. Looks great. Do u have any pics with the yellow fogs?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 AM
myg37s8u

Nice n simple