G37 Sedan

A better trunk net?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM
onthefence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A better trunk net?

OK, next question about my new G37:

Is there something better than Infiniti's trunk net? It's basically a wall, with scarce capacity inside it or behind it - room for maybe a couple of grocery bags. I've had a Maxima for the past 10 years, and its trunk net was more like a sling: you could put half a dozen bags of groceries in it and count on them not to slide around during the drive home.

Infiniti's folding plastic trunk organizer looks like a big clunky thing, not quite what I had in mind. Should I rethink that? Anyone here own it/like it?

Any aftermarket products I should look at?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Funny...I actually like the way it is pretty tight against the back so it is out of the way when I throw my gym bag in.

You might be able to find one that fits a larger vehicle...or heck...why not the maxima one you liked? They all basically work the same way--four snap hooks and rings.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
The heck with the net, there are a whole bunch of Trunk Organizers on the market. Here's an excellent website that gives a round-up of features, sizes, availability and price: Trunk Organizers

Having recently installed a set of Eibach Sway Bars, the added handling confidence has had an unintended side-effect: all the crap in the trunk has been spilling out of a bag I kept back there. So based on these reviews and my preferences, I purchased the Snap-on Trunk organizer for around $30 through Amazon.com.

Here it is in my trunk. Love this thing.

The following users liked this post:
WhatupBreal (04-30-2013)
Old 04-28-2013, 12:49 AM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The heck with the net, there are a whole bunch of Trunk Organizers on the market. Here's an excellent website that gives a round-up of features, sizes, availability and price: Trunk Organizers

Having recently installed a set of Eibach Sway Bars, the added handling confidence has had an unintended side-effect: all the crap in the trunk has been spilling out of a bag I kept back there. So based on these reviews and my preferences, I purchased the Snap-on Trunk organizer for around $30 through Amazon.com.

that's pretty nice!! how does it stay in place? 30$ is a pretty good price.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by conkus805
that's pretty nice!! how does it stay in place? 30$ is a pretty good price.
There are two big Velcro strips sewn into the bottom. What I've found is that the Velcro doesn't really adhere to the big Infiniti trunk mat for some reason, but the bag still doesn't move around anyway. It's been planted in exactly that spot since I put it there, and I've been playing around with these new swaybars every time I go out.

I agree, $30 is a great price for what looks to me is a quality piece. From what I understand from someone else, it was twice that when Snap-On introduced it a few years ago.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 PM
muyrec
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The side trunk nets from the 04+ maxima would probably fit in the g37. Replace the plastic screws with the maxima's hook and you're all set. Then you'll have 3 spots to put crap in.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 326 Likes on 250 Posts
^that organizer looks like a great idea, thanks

Anyone else have a little bit of a hard time maneuvering their golf clubs in the trunk? PRetty narrow opening IMO
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can fit 2 standard golf bag and 1 tour bag in there pretty snug...and thats with a case of water and 3 one gallon of water and other misc.

Like that organizer too. Is there something on the market where the organizer sits on a roller like a drawer so you can roll it in and out from the back area of the trunk?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by sneakers
Is there something on the market where the organizer sits on a roller like a drawer so you can roll it in and out from the back area of the trunk?
That would be pretty cool. Like an upscale kitchen drawer. If you did that, whatever you keep in the organizer would be readily accessible from the backseat pass-thru. On the downside, I can't imagine the mechanism that would keep it from flopping open and closed all the time.

I didn't see anything like that when searching for a solution. Clever, though.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

But do you have the matching pocket protector?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
But do you have the matching pocket protector?
I wish.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
hhyder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i use the net to put an empty red gas gallon and windshield washer fluid just in case i need it when i am on the road. cleaners and other supplies stay in the garage. the rest of the trunk and back seat stay empty just so nothing flys around when i am making sharp turns lol.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 AM
gee wiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luckily we bought our 2010 before we sold our 2003 G, so we switched out the nets. The old one is still working well and much better than the funky newer style.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
thanks, I already have a net but had the buy one of these organizers

Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gio37
thanks, I already have a net but had the buy one of these organizers
You're entirely welcome.

Happy to share, which is why I went through the bother of posting the picture and reviving this thread.

Quick Reply: A better trunk net?