G37 Sedan

Infiniti quality still lacking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Diesel350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oliveview
Quality "still" lacking? Sorry. Not quite.
My Mother has a 2004 G, with over 100k on the clock, and the thing is as strong as ever. Not one issue in all those years.

We have the '09 G, and it's been flawless, too. The only issue, like everyone, is the 7AT. But it's more of a disappointment, than an actual mechanical flaw. The tranny does its job, perfectly. It's just not as smooth or responsive as the competition's modern shifters. But that's it. The car just goes, and goes.
Will a tune fix the auto tranny shifting issue?

Been having a tough time still trying to find a clean G37, all the ones I've seen so far have either been in an accident or have been commercial leases.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
oliveview

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel350
Will a tune fix the auto tranny shifting issue?

Been having a tough time still trying to find a clean G37, all the ones I've seen so far have either been in an accident or have been commercial leases.
Couldn't possibly tell you. There's a lengthy thread here, dedicated to the 7AT TSB's from over the years. As for tuning, I know zero about that.

They're really great cars. Probably some of the best cars, of any type, that Nissan has ever built. They hold their value, and last, so it wouldn't surprise me to find that they're not always easy to find, used, in proper shape.

Either that, or all the same kids that can't find 240's to drift any more, have migrated to the G's - hence the number of wrecked ones...