G37 Sedan

Infiniti quality still lacking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Diesel350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of these comments are disheartening, I test drove the car and loves the way it drives but it seems that the quality overall is still lacking. Can't believe I'm also considering a 2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan with 375 hp.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:34 PM
JerseyG37s

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
you want luxury then you will pay for it.... just have the dealership fix it and move on i dont mean to be negative but a lot of people complain about BS on here if you dont like it which the picture looks like its from the dealership since it has carfax all over it then dont buy the car... i LOVE my G and i could care less what peals on the inside its how it runs under the hood and the power it puts out.... that lexus is a creampuff compaired to our G's.... sorry if i offend anyone not my purpose of the post
Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 PM
J0KER

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JerseyG37s
you want luxury then you will pay for it.... just have the dealership fix it and move on i dont mean to be negative but a lot of people complain about BS on here if you dont like it which the picture looks like its from the dealership since it has carfax all over it then dont buy the car... i LOVE my G and i could care less what peals on the inside its how it runs under the hood and the power it puts out.... that lexus is a creampuff compaired to our G's.... sorry if i offend anyone not my purpose of the post
Well said!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel350
Lol, oh and they were utterly abused. Went to the dealership to take a look at the car for giggles and for only having 33,000 miles the car looked like total garbage, tins of scratches and dents in the paint and the interior was trashed. Can't believe the were asking $30k for the car and then the salesman proceeds to tell me "oh yea we can fix that". Lol
For $30K, you would be better off buying a new car. Well, that's just me, I love to buy everything brand sparking new.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel350
Some of these comments are disheartening, I test drove the car and loves the way it drives but it seems that the quality overall is still lacking. Can't believe I'm also considering a 2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan with 375 hp.
If you go to most forums you will find quality issues. I have owned Mercedes and BMW's and they too have their share of issues per model, per year. Some bigger some less. I have buddies that have Range Rovers, M6, or 911's with design defects, you should hear their voices, "A $100k car should not..."
This forum has been a good resource to find out about all the issues and the proper ways in getting them addressed.
Just note most of the quality issues with Infiniti are minor, the auto trans thing is non life threatening just irritating at best. If you compare all the things wrong with all makes and models an Infiniti has the reliability of a Honda but a lot more fun to drive.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by JerseyG37s
no offense taken. but that's almost like saying you don't care how your gf looks, but it's how her vagina works. i guess i care about how my car looks as well as how it performs. Just sayin...
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM
TunerMax

1st Gen.
Japanese made FTW.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Even with some of the problems G owners bring forward, the complaint activity on this board is nothing compared to the BMW forums (for instance). I don't know how forum membership compares, but take a look and see the incredible variation in the type of problems presented on those forums compared to this forum. As a past BMW owner, it was simply amazing how many expensive problems developed in the car once it was four years old. While the interior in my 530 was incredible and not one rattle could be found, the problems I experienced were amazing; some of which were due to poor engineering. For instance, to replace the PCV in most cars is less than $20. In the BMW it was $700 because of parts costs and access limitations. I'm sticking with Japanese products going forward.......
Old 03-14-2013, 01:40 AM
ko3r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend has a 2008 Lexus IS and if you look at his interior and compare it to a 08 infiniti g37 interior...Lexus will win by many points. But if you look at the exterior of both cars, you know whose going to win (;
Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 AM
JerseyG37s

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
no offense taken. but that's almost like saying you don't care how your gf looks, but it's how her vagina works. i guess i care about how my car looks as well as how it performs. Just sayin...

thats totally different.... im not ****ing my car... i wouldnt put that in the same catigory and i wasnt speaking about the exterior of the car just the interior so if you care what the inside of you gf's vagina looks like god bless you brother...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^ some of these responses have taken an interesting spin.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ko3r
My friend has a 2008 Lexus IS and if you look at his interior and compare it to a 08 infiniti g37 interior...Lexus will win by many points. But if you look at the exterior of both cars, you know whose going to win (;
There's no 2008 G37 sedan. And, if you compare interior of an '08 G35 to that of a '12 G37, the G37 wins by many many points.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 PM
oliveview

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Quality "still" lacking? Sorry. Not quite.
My Mother has a 2004 G, with over 100k on the clock, and the thing is as strong as ever. Not one issue in all those years.

We have the '09 G, and it's been flawless, too. The only issue, like everyone, is the 7AT. But it's more of a disappointment, than an actual mechanical flaw. The tranny does its job, perfectly. It's just not as smooth or responsive as the competition's modern shifters. But that's it. The car just goes, and goes.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 PM
beancounter10

My 2009 had peeling not nearly as severe in the original picture and the dealership replaced the entire steering wheel under warranty.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
homerjs

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by INFINITI G37

WOOOOOW.. That is soooo true..

but u know what I did.. I re-painted the front bumper at my dealership and requested to give it more of the clear coat that they normally do.. still awaiting the results
How much? Pics when done??

Quick Reply: Infiniti quality still lacking?