G37 Sedan

Radiator Cover Removal FAIL 2012 g37 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
n33raj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator Cover Removal FAIL 2012 g37 sedan

I have a 2012 g37 sedan and was trying to plasti dip the front grill. I took off all the screws and clips. I tried to get the radiator cover off by following the DIY for removing the grill. I was up to the part where u have to lift the cover up but it doesnt seem to go up. Theres 2 skinny metal pole things that I have to slide off I guys but I tried really hard. Anyone have suggestions. Attached is the pic of the metal pole things. I'll just wait for the weekend till I get an extra person to help -_-

Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
follow the DIY and don't be afraid to crack the radiator cover. everyone does it that tries.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
I slightly cracked mine. It's tough getting it off, I unbolted the radiator overflow tank and used a trim pry tool to lift the edges over the posts. Still ended up getting a hairline crack. Not noticeable fortunately. Someone posted in the DIY you can shave about 1/8 inch off the posts and it's much easier to get on and off
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM
n33raj

Originally Posted by BLamb
I slightly cracked mine. It's tough getting it off, I unbolted the radiator overflow tank and used a trim pry tool to lift the edges over the posts. Still ended up getting a hairline crack. Not noticeable fortunately. Someone posted in the DIY you can shave about 1/8 inch off the posts and it's much easier to get on and off
Thanks. I trimmed it down, took took off all the squeeze things that were attached to the cover and unscrewed all the screws connected to the grill..
NOW lol I am stuck on the squeezable top and bottom clips that are connected to the grill. how do u get those off. On the top ones I know you have to squeeze downward but still not coming off. I'll try again on friday. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
For the grill the clips are super easy and require little force (at least mine did). First take off all nuts. Next, the top clip should be easy just depress the small clip in the middle down and just pull out enough to hold the clip in place (so basically the body will be putting the pressure on the clip). Now repeat on the other side. The bottom clips are exactly the same, but reversed so the small clip that needs to be depressed is on the underside (so you squeeze upward rather than downward like the top clips). Now it should be smooth sailing from there.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
i have cracked my cover.

when i put my new grille on, i'm replacing the cover, but before it goes on, i'll be taking a dremmel to those damn holes.

i will never crack that cover ever again.

Last edited by Rad_Slinger; 03-05-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
n33raj

Originally Posted by Redpit
For the grill the clips are super easy and require little force (at least mine did). First take off all nuts. Next, the top clip should be easy just depress the small clip in the middle down and just pull out enough to hold the clip in place (so basically the body will be putting the pressure on the clip). Now repeat on the other side. The bottom clips are exactly the same, but reversed so the small clip that needs to be depressed is on the underside (so you squeeze upward rather than downward like the top clips). Now it should be smooth sailing from there.
Thanks. Will try soon
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
n33raj

Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
i have cracked mine.

when i put my new grille on, i'm replacing the cover, but before it goes on, i'll be taking a dremmel to those damn holes.

i will never crack that grille ever again.
U cracked ur grille? How?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
mah bad.....meant that cover
Old 07-14-2014, 01:44 AM
masterdukill
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you buy the new cover? And how much was it?
Old 07-14-2014, 08:14 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by masterdukill
Where did you buy the new cover? And how much was it?
It's item # 6 in the pic, just scroll to find the part, it's a bit over $50
2010 Infiniti G37 Parts - Discount Infiniti Parts | Genuine, OEM Infiniti Parts | Infiniti Accessories | Huge Instock Inventory
Old 07-14-2014, 09:41 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
My midnight OEM grill is out for delivery via UPS..... Come on big Brown truck! Hope the grill removal and installation goes as easy as everybody says it does.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by warped ideas
My midnight OEM grill is out for delivery via UPS..... Come on big Brown truck! Hope the grill removal and installation goes as easy as everybody says it does.
When you get all the bolts/clips off just push the whole cover real firm to the back and it should clear those pesky plastic dowel pins, or if you have a friend to help, one pushes the cover while the other gently pulls back the plastic a bit to clear those pins. Never cracked mine going that route.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (07-14-2014)
Old 12-21-2014, 04:33 PM
GLodi_31
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
having problems with radiator cover

So last night I plasti dipped the grill. I got the radiator cover to come move up over those two bars, but now it won't go in right. The cover won't even come close to those bars to go over and the front part by the grille is about an inch under the pop of clips so those won't even go on. Please help it feels like something is holding it back but i have no idea what it could be.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by GLodi_31
So last night I plasti dipped the grill. I got the radiator cover to come move up over those two bars, but now it won't go in right. The cover won't even come close to those bars to go over and the front part by the grille is about an inch under the pop of clips so those won't even go on. Please help it feels like something is holding it back but i have no idea what it could be.
Hard to say just by the internet, if you could post a couple pics that would help.

Quick Reply: Radiator Cover Removal FAIL 2012 g37 sedan