G37 Sedan

Questions about the upcoming Q50? Here's your chance to ask them!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Questions about the upcoming Q50? Here's your chance to ask them!

Is there a question you'd like to have answered about the upcoming Q50 before it arrives? Here's your opportunity. I may have access to some information about the Q50 before it arrives on your local dealership showroom floor. So here's your opportunity to ask a question that may possibly be answered before it hits your local dealership. Where is this information coming from? That's one question you cannot ask.

Ground rules:
-There is such a thing as a stupid question, no matter what your teachers told you. Stupid questions will likely be ignored or deleted.
-I cannot guarantee that every question you may ask will be answered. I'll do what I can.
-Don't get your panties in a bunch if I can't get an answer for you or if you don't like the answer. I'm not the source of the information, I'm just trying to help the community by passing it along.
-I cannot tell you exactly when I will have the answers, but it will be soon. At any rate, before the car starts selling and before anywhere else has it.
-I can take no credit nor blame nor responsibility for the answers given nor their accuracy. I am not the actual source of the information. I'm just a dude passing it along to the community.
-Please feel free to completely ignore this thread altogether or to simply read the information without posting anything. That's cool. Attempting to derail my thread with your BS is not cool.

Post questions here.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM
daicon0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it have 2 doors? Just kidding... Seriously though, is it FI? Sorry hit submit on my phone on accident. What's the estimated price? Really thinking about getting it for the wife.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:24 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Can we get a sponsored Q50 for the Strictly G's stable?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's one...probably not on the front of the minds of most here. However, I love what I have seen so far, and I am 99% that I will be getting one of these later this year. So, with that being said, I just learned the 'stone' interior on the M37 and M56 sport now is ALL BLACK (except headliner) with stone colored leather seats. No more gray dash, carpets, etc. It looks simply amazing.

Please tell me, will this will be the stone option in the new G Sport?

I know the Hybrid show car we have seen has the stone interior with light colored carpets, etc. However, I am hoping the non hybrid Q50 with sport will offer the above (would be the same as they do on the M now).
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm assuming the information already out there is accurate, so I only have 1 question I'd like an answer to. I know a lot of others have the same question:

Why did they not upgrade the engine when doing the make-over?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 PM
SlimTV
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What is the epa fuel economy figures for the regular model vs the hybrid? What is the suggested msrp for both models? What key differences does the sport model have over the journey? In terms of refinement, what changes were made to the 3.7 motor as well as what changes were made to the 7spd auto if any? Will there be another Limited or Anniversary Edition? Will we see the monaco red interior or malbec black paint color return? Is the Q50 lighter or heavier than the G37? Will there be a factory remote start option? Will heated/ventilated/massage seats be an option? No more 6mt with the 3.7?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Will most current Gs mods work on the Q50 as far as things such as Exhausts, Intakes, Suspension, wheel fitment (offsets remaining the same). It would be nice to know if bringing our current vehicle back to stock we'd be able to use some of the parts for the new Q. Thanks for any info
Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 PM
LexiG37

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MACS
I'm assuming the information already out there is accurate, so I only have 1 question I'd like an answer to. I know a lot of others have the same question:

Why did they not upgrade the engine when doing the make-over?
They want to maintain interest in the car over its life cycle, so first comes a new body, a year later maybe a new engine, then a mid cycle refresh, then an IPL option, etc, etc...
They don't want to give the consumer everything at once and then watch sales fall off the cliff 2 or 3 years into production. It's like with the girlfriend; you have to keep the spark alive or she'll move on.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is there a button to switch between sport/normal mode?

Backseat fold?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by LexiG37
They want to maintain interest in the car over its life cycle, so first comes a new body, a year later maybe a new engine, then a mid cycle refresh, then an IPL option, etc, etc...
They don't want to give the consumer everything at once and then watch sales fall off the cliff 2 or 3 years into production. It's like with the girlfriend; you have to keep the spark alive or she'll move on.
That makes sense. (married 25 years, so no need for dating advice, though )
Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by baksdak
Here's one...probably not on the front of the minds of most here. However, I love what I have seen so far, and I am 99% that I will be getting one of these later this year. So, with that being said, I just learned the 'stone' interior on the M37 and M56 sport now is ALL BLACK (except headliner) with stone colored leather seats. No more gray dash, carpets, etc. It looks simply amazing.

Please tell me, will this will be the stone option in the new G Sport?

I know the Hybrid show car we have seen has the stone interior with light colored carpets, etc. However, I am hoping the non hybrid Q50 with sport will offer the above (would be the same as they do on the M now).
Actually the Sport Stone interior has a black headliner now. Someone over at Freshalloy bought one and posted pics of it.

Edit: Here's one of the pics. Notice the black pillar.

Name:  M37XSInterior.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  173.5 KB

Ok my question, does the Infiniti Drive Mode Selector now include suspension adjustments? I have heard some mags and sites say it does, but I never noticed any mention of it in Infiniti's press releases.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Most curious about the gas mileage.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
I've heard that they are still using the same 7at, but I'm curious if they have done any updates to fix some of the issues and annoyances that others have talked about.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Here's a good question: where will the Traction Control on/off switch be located? Hopefully somewhere a little more easily accessible.

And I totally agree with everyone who likes the stone leather seats with black dash and trim. That's a much better look than what I've got with my 2011.

Other than that question and comment... don't care. No 6MT.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nisslover
Actually the Sport Stone interior has a black headliner now. Someone over at Freshalloy bought one and posted pics of it.

Edit: Here's one of the pics. Notice the black pillar.

Ok my question, does the Infiniti Drive Mode Selector now include suspension adjustments? I have heard some mags and sites say it does, but I never noticed any mention of it in Infiniti's press releases.
Even Better!!!!!DOMO

Quick Reply: Questions about the upcoming Q50? Here's your chance to ask them!