G37 Sedan

Thoughts on Infiniti Elite warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
infiniti_buyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on Infiniti Elite warranty

Hey guys, recently bought a used 09 g37x sedan 25K miles and thinking of getting the extended elite warranty plan. I'm already in touch with the two dealer contacts that have been mentioned here in the past (circle infiniti and other one in arizona). I had some questionsfor members who already have the elite warranty:

1) How has the experence been with this plan? Does infiniti readily honor the claims?

2) Do you still need to follow the infiniti scheduled maintence plan? If I can't produce evidence of it, would my claims be denied? Plus when i got the car, I dont have previous service records (it wasnt serviced at infiniti dealers), so is that also going to be an issue?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have the basic elite package on my g37 convertible which includes basically only oil changes and tire rotations . It's pretty good my Infiniti dealer does honor the included oil changes every 3k miles with no problem
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
1) It's an infiniti warranty, if there's a failure of some part, you pay the deductible and they fix. If it's some questionable item, you'd have the same ease/difficulty proving fault as when the car is covered under the new car warranty (4 yr).

2) Possibly. Really depends on the failure. For example if the engine seizes or has bearing failure, yes you will likely need proof of oil changes. If your clutch CSC leaks, then that's a failed part, pure and simple. I don't recall there being a maintenance interval specified for clutch fluid changes, so that should be honored without issue.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
I think he's referring to the extended warranty rather than the service plan. I have the 8 year 100k mile elite warranty with a $100 deductible. I've really been debating dropping it and getting the pro-rated amount back as it was about $2k. At the time I just wanted to have the longest warranty possible since I drive low miles and had bad luck with my last vehicle out of warranty. No clue on how they handle the claims yet since my car is only 1 year old now. Would love to hear some others opinions if they've had any experience.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
A rule of thumb is warranties are really a bad purchase/investment. Warranties would not be available is they lost money on them. Best bet is to refuse warranties on everything and pay out of pocket when things go wrong. Yeah it's terrible when things go bad, but it's better than buying warranties and not using them . Plus most cars make it through their useable life without catastrophic failures. Just like a warranty company you will be up in the long run. Just remember the house always wins. When you decline the warranty (on a lifetime of vehicles), you essentially become the house.

My $.02. Warranties are really good for one thing. Peace of mind.

Last edited by Redpit; 02-08-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
I bought my car in December of 2012 and I purchased the extended warranty so far so good but I hate when I bring the car back to the dealership for some issue I get " if it happen again bring it back and we can check it out for you"
Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Redpit is right. For me, this is my first 'modern' car. Last car I owned was mid 90's tech. Was able to negotiate the warranty down to ~$1200 for 8yr(from in service date)/100K miles/$100ded. $300 a year for piece of mind was something I could live with. All the electronics and highly complicated vvel were factors that influenced my decision. Not to mention weak CSC's and possible trans replacements down the line.

I had a warranty on the camaro too. Two things got replaced - hood latch/striker plate and speakers.

@Flipmode, keep pushing them to fix it then, not later.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
JapanLio

I got the Elite Warranty on my used 2010 G37s vert for only one reason : the roof !
I'm confident that the rest of the car wont have any major problem but concerning the roof, I bet it could expensive to repair if something is going wrong. And it was not covered in the CPO or after the 4 years manufacturer warranty.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Obviously a warranty is nothing but insurance. If you're willing to take the gamble, don't buy the warranty. The insurer knows the probabilities far better than you...and pricing is designed to make them a lot of money. That said, there is some peace of mind knowing your out of pocket risk is minimal. With all of the electronics and complexities in the Infiniti a warranty will likely pay off with even one failure.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 08G37S has 44K and the 4year warranty deal expires on Valentines Day 2/14/13. I brought my car that day because I truly love that car. So far I had the illuminated lighted plate kick changed, tsb on rotors and brakes, believe or not they changed my chair with that stupid bubble, but its back, like what the hec im only 5'7 145 lbs? So should I get the 36K 3 years extended warranty? They advise me if something stupid such as electronics, etc, engine goes wrong, I better have some DEEP POCKETS to pay! HELP who brought the warranty? I was looking forward more to spend it on a LED 60 Samsung 8000 TV.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I purchased the longest warranty possible. If you plan on keeping the car 8 years and for at least 120k you'll get your money back if a major electrical component (navi comes to mind) needs to be replaced.

Not to mention this 7AT worries me as well.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
To add to Redpit's post, warranties are for peace of mind, but at what cost? Why spend thousands of dollars on repairs that haven't yet happened?

Consider:

-In the automotive industry, aftermarket warranties have a proven track record of paying off. But not for the consumer. They are almost 80-90% pure profit for the salesperson, dealership and warranty company!

-Infiniti are known to strong and durable vehicles if the basic maintenance schedule is followed. Pure engine and drivetrain failures are rare, and can usually be traced back to poor maintenance or driver abuse, which will also void any warranty claim.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Rpfields

Same for me. The roof!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:11 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
I had a 2004 G35 and never had any problems.

It had 124xxx miles on it and started up everyday with no problems.
Sure its not the same car but it has the same feeling as my G37.

I would still have the car but a lady pulled out in front of me and totaled the car.
I actually remember having to turn the car off after the accident. The lady hit me in the front but the car was still running.

Point is, do your regular maintenance and just look your car over once a month.

Most stuff can be done in a garage on the weekends.

the most money I spent on a repair was was $200 and that was for a wrecker to pick me up when my battery died.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
Obviously a warranty is nothing but insurance. If you're willing to take the gamble, don't buy the warranty. The insurer knows the probabilities far better than you...and pricing is designed to make them a lot of money. That said, there is some peace of mind knowing your out of pocket risk is minimal. With all of the electronics and complexities in the Infiniti a warranty will likely pay off with even one failure.
I agree with financeman. However I did purchase the Infiniti Elite Warranty for my old 06 G35. Don't confuse the service plan with the Elite extended warranty.
I paid $1950.00 for the extended warrant as I put a lot of mileage and did use it a few times.
It was after the extended warranty expired at 136981 miles that my air bag warning light came on for about the 5th time. Circle Infiniti told me that I needed a new wiring harness to the tune of $2200.00

Name:  MyWiringHarness.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  30.0 KB

Because I had purchased the extended Elite warranty from them I only had to pay 1/3 of that cost with both the dealership and Infiniti picking up the other 2/3 so it did end up saving me an expensive repair.
If I ever decide to purchase an extended warranty again I would still purchase it from the dealer where I purchased my vehicle. (Circle)

Telcoman

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Infiniti Elite warranty