G37 Sedan

G37S or G37IPL

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
stockae92
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I would go for it if you don't need the money in your pocket, and don't use the backseat most of the time.

The IPL coupe should be a better performer on the track due to the suspension tunning, lower CG and wider tires.

In a straight line, both should feel about the same. The added power is nice, but the fun is at the corners
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I probably wouldn't do it if you are planning on modifing your vehicle. If you are planning on keeping it stock it might be for you. They ride a bit rough (still not as rough as a Z) but the handle well. I have been very happy with mine and the times I have been in a G37S sedan as a loaner I couldn't wait to get back in my car. Are they faster? Can't tell but they sound better and I like the handling a lot better. Front springs are 20% stiffer than an S and the rears are 10%. You can feel the differance between the models. There is a point at high RPM's when my G suddenly takes off like it suddenly got a burst of energy. I have not felt that in any other G nor in my Z. My wife swears the G is faster than the Z but I am sure the Z launches better. The G on the other hand comes alive on the highway. Feels much more stable than the Z and keeps up with cars that are supposed to be much faster. I like the car because I see G37 sedans all the time, then coupes but you just dont see IPL's. To me thats what I like. I have a car that is not like every Tom, Richard (changed the name since this site seems to think my grand fathers name is a dirty word) and Harry out there. I get a lot of questions about my car during the rare times I take it out. Is it a fast car? No. Is it a fun car that is unique? yes. Take my opinion for what it's worth. I have had mine for 1-1/2 years now and I have zero regrets.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Boricua
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys for your reply. How about turbo?

Originally Posted by stockae92
I would go for it if you don't need the money in your pocket, and don't use the backseat most of the time.

The IPL coupe should be a better performer on the track due to the suspension tunning, lower CG and wider tires.

In a straight line, both should feel about the same. The added power is nice, but the fun is at the corners
Originally Posted by Tazicon
I probably wouldn't do it if you are planning on modifing your vehicle. If you are planning on keeping it stock it might be for you. They ride a bit rough (still not as rough as a Z) but the handle well. I have been very happy with mine and the times I have been in a G37S sedan as a loaner I couldn't wait to get back in my car. Are they faster? Can't tell but they sound better and I like the handling a lot better. Front springs are 20% stiffer than an S and the rears are 10%. You can feel the differance between the models. There is a point at high RPM's when my G suddenly takes off like it suddenly got a burst of energy. I have not felt that in any other G nor in my Z. My wife swears the G is faster than the Z but I am sure the Z launches better. The G on the other hand comes alive on the highway. Feels much more stable than the Z and keeps up with cars that are supposed to be much faster. I like the car because I see G37 sedans all the time, then coupes but you just dont see IPL's. To me thats what I like. I have a car that is not like every Tom, Richard (changed the name since this site seems to think my grand fathers name is a dirty word) and Harry out there. I get a lot of questions about my car during the rare times I take it out. Is it a fast car? No. Is it a fun car that is unique? yes. Take my opinion for what it's worth. I have had mine for 1-1/2 years now and I have zero regrets.
Thanks Guys for your reply.

How about putting a twin turbo to my G37S? Beside the cost is it worth it?

Again thank you all for your view.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
You will notice a difference in the way that the car steers and handles. The IPL will have a stiffer ride than the Sedan for sure but the handling is much more crisp. Everything else is a mater of taste (i.e. 4 door vs 2 door/ wheels/ looks etc).
I say that since you have a Sedan- if you are just looking to get a coupe- then the IPL is worth it. But if you already had a G37S coupe then I wouldn't go from that to an IPL coupe.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by LOLURMAD
Pretty sure the IPL is slower than the 4 door sedan. It's much heavier.
^^^ Pretty sure this guy is on drugs!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
^^^ Pretty sure this guy is on drugs!
LOL