G37 Sedan

Exec Says Nissan Considered Killing Infiniti.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's funny how some on a G forum are saying most people buy the BMW for brand recognition only and buy the 328 because that is the entry level and they can't or don't care to spend more to get more car; but they get to be part of the BMW club.

The G is the entry level in the Infiniti line...

I never understand this back and forth argument about which car is better...
Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
The g is entry level and???? Its the best car Infiniti makes, and it offers a whole lot for the price... Not exactly getting what your saying...we are debating about most bmw owners buying because of the badge....
Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by Nothin2Somethin
The g is entry level and???? Its the best car Infiniti makes, and it offers a whole lot for the price... Not exactly getting what your saying...we are debating about most bmw owners buying because of the badge....

LOL... So now the G is the best car Infiniti offers? I would guess M owners would think quite different.

It's all subjective as to what is better...there are some cars cheaper than the G that offer all kinds of "extras"...does that make them better?

So because you see more 328's than other BMWs, that means those people bought them only because of the brand? How do you know this without knowing those people?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm considering having "BMW" and "335" added to the swear filter so that those words won't appear in posts. For the love of God people, give the BMW - Infiniti argument a rest. Let people who think a 328 is better than a G drive one to their heart's content. Or vice versa. Attempting to sway someone's opinion on something like this is like me trying to convince someone that a short curly haired brunette with brown eyes and a great ass is much better than a tall green eyed red head with long straight hair and nice ****. Whichever you prefer is what's better to you and nobody's going to change anyone's mind with their personal preference.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 PM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm considering having "BMW" and "335" added to the swear filter so that those words won't appear in posts. For the love of God people, give the BMW - Infiniti argument a rest. Let people who think a 328 is better than a G drive one to their heart's content. Or vice versa. Attempting to sway someone's opinion on something like this is like me trying to convince someone that a short curly haired brunette with brown eyes and a great ass is much better than a tall green eyed red head with long straight hair and nice ****. Whichever you prefer is what's better to you and nobody's going to change anyone's mind with their personal preference.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
LOL... So now the G is the best car Infiniti offers? I would guess M owners would think quite different.

It's all subjective as to what is better...there are some cars cheaper than the G that offer all kinds of "extras"...does that make them better?

So because you see more 328's than other BMWs, that means those people bought them only because of the brand? How do you know this without knowing those people?
Ok man can you actually go back through the thread and read the posts that I made so you can understand the point I was trying to make. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Nothin2Somethin

And the g is the best car Infiniti makes... That's backed by sales numbers, the amount you see etc, so I would think the masses would agree it is the best car they make being that Infiniti only makes 2 "cars"....
Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I understand what your saying bb, but I was never trying to sway anyone's mind on what they should buy... I could care less, the initial conversation was about in most cases it being a badge buy, thats my opinion people can disagree if they'd like, no issue with that, but I and others have brought up valid points and the people disagreeing haven't really done so, but in the end it is what it is. Im sure you understand exactly what I was saying throughout this thread. We were just having a friendly disagreement here thats all...
Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I understand what your saying bb, but I was never trying to sway anyone's mind on what they should buy... I could care less, the initial conversation was about in most cases it being a badge buy, thats my opinion people can disagree if they'd like, no issue with that, but I and others have brought up valid points and the people disagreeing haven't really done so, but in the end it is what it is. Im sure you understand exactly what I was saying throughout this thread. We were just having a friendly disagreement here thats all...
Discussing a so called badge buy is even more off topic because you are not even discussing cars at that point. You are focused on the buyer.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And the g is the best car Infiniti makes... That's backed by sales numbers, the amount you see etc, so I would think the masses would agree it is the best car they make being that Infiniti only makes 2 "cars"....
The G is the best Infiniti seller because it's the most affordable model in the line up.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
The N20 sucks. Anyone who honestly likes the N20 engine over is the VQ37 is drinking the BMW kool aid. It sounds like a tractor at idle, the exhaust sounds like my Roomba vacuum cleaner when pushed, and IT does not have nearly the same power. I don't care what the torque graph shows at 2500rpm, the 328i didn't put me back in the seat nearly as much as the G. The N20 is here for fuel economy reasons, nothing more. It's not an improvement in driving or excitement, or in an enthusiast's point of view it's worse than the N52 I6 it replaced and any other decent V6 on the market. I considered the new 328i carefully but it a big step down from the G overall. The interior sucks (just compare dash and touch materials and the new seats to the G - you'll see what i mean) and to get decent options you're looking at $45k+, which at that price point it's really not a competitive car. It's only competitive because some people will pay more, simply because it's a BMW.

With the F30 though, I think BMW has made the new 328 a hard pill to swallow.

I didn't find the ride and handling of the BMW to be *that* much more superior to the G, to justify living with the N20, ****ty interior, and paying $45k car for a car with barely any options (only premium and nav, which is what I test drove). If you want better mileage, the ATS is really a much better package considering price and interior than the BMW, and also handled just as well, if not better. And if you're looking at the 335i with any options, I find the Audi S4 a better buy as well.
a lot of bmw hate here.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Sales numbers just indicate sales. That does not exactly correlate to best car Infiniti makes.
If sales determined which car was best then the JX would be better than the G coupe.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Originally Posted by rlo
Sales numbers just indicate sales. That does not exactly correlate to best car Infiniti makes.
If sales determined which car was best then the JX would be better than the G coupe.
I did specify "car" and say they only make 2 "cars", the m and g.... No talk about suv's or crossover's bro...
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Originally Posted by g37guy01
Discussing a so called badge buy is even more off topic because you are not even discussing cars at that point. You are focused on the buyer.
Ok man I am not going to go back and forth with you anymore. I was discussing a badge buy with bmw and particular models, so I was actually talking about the cars and the buyers. Smh
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
This thread is actually quite funny, redundant and misinterpreted, but still worth a few chuckles
Seriously I don't think anyone said folks buy BMW for brand recognition only, it's just there's a segment that does indeed buy it for it's cache.

Quick Reply: Exec Says Nissan Considered Killing Infiniti.....