G37 Sedan

Exec Says Nissan Considered Killing Infiniti.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Max00
^^ Quite opposite, majority people buy BMW because it is a BMW, this is why 90% are bare bone 328s running with halogen headlight and plastic seat. And they say "I have a BMW" when asked. You are probably in the minority. Audi is now making better cars.
You are right my friend and I will piggy back off of this. It goes back to the simple ideology that majority of people are followers and can't seem to make rational based decisions on their own, they need some sort of idea from others or opinion which is pretty sad. Most people buy BMW because it is just that a BMW. Like u said it will be a base 328i or 528i, no nav, etc.. just plain vanilla. They have no idea what the brand truly offers as far as the variants of each series are concerned, they just know " Hey I'm driving a BMW, what about you ?". It is truly reflective and gives insight into the american people as a whole. BMW is just as much of a brand buy for people as Apple has become, its the "in thing". I recently told someone I drive an infiniti and their response was "oh thats nice, but its no bmw"... lol
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
And I would have kindly replied "...you're right. And I love it." lol
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 AM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
What market share has Honda/ Acura carved out with the TL and RL. Acura makes it by on the MDX/RDX/TSX. I personally would only buy an Accord from Honda, don't like the Acura line up.

The IS 350 is a joke, no room in the thing. The premium car manufacturers are trying to be all things to all people.

The only two premium manufacturers I like cars from at this point is BMW and Infiniti. Audi can't stand the grill. If I had to buy a non-premium car, it would be a Camry or maybe Accord. Although the new ES350 could be in the running.
Well my opinion was based on sales numbers from the three Japanese luxury makes. Lexus, Acura, Infiniti not personal preference. I have a G so you know my preference.
It wasnt a model comparison rather a comparison of how well each make is doing through unit sales. Its pointless to argue personal preferences since that is difficult to measure.
On a broader picture I was blaming Nissan because that is Infiniti.

For 2012 :
Acura - 127,936
Lexus - 190,836
Infiniti - 95,353

Because you mentioned Audi and BMW here are those:
Audi - 112,402
BMW - 212,848
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
^^ Quite opposite, majority people buy BMW because it is a BMW, this is why 90% are bare bone 328s running with halogen headlight and plastic seat. And they say "I have a BMW" when asked. You are probably in the minority. Audi is now making better cars.
Then you also have the other scenario. Daughters or housewives that have a X5 M series or 6 series and dont know cars and drive it like a Camry.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:12 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rlo
Then you also have the other scenario. Daughters or housewives that have a X5 M series or 6 series and dont know cars and drive it like a Camry.
You mean instead of driving it like a race car on public roads? Probably not a good idea... The reality is that on public roads you need to drive these beasts like a Camry. What else are you going to do?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Nothin2Somethin
You are right my friend and I will piggy back off of this. It goes back to the simple ideology that majority of people are followers and can't seem to make rational based decisions on their own, they need some sort of idea from others or opinion which is pretty sad. Most people buy BMW because it is just that a BMW. Like u said it will be a base 328i or 528i, no nav, etc.. just plain vanilla. They have no idea what the brand truly offers as far as the variants of each series are concerned, they just know " Hey I'm driving a BMW, what about you ?". It is truly reflective and gives insight into the american people as a whole. BMW is just as much of a brand buy for people as Apple has become, its the "in thing". I recently told someone I drive an infiniti and their response was "oh thats nice, but its no bmw"... lol
It's true unfortunately in a negative way for Infiniti. You can't dispute a 328 is smoother than my G, what with all of the 7at tranny quirks.

If the Q50 doesn't deliver, my next car will be a BMW, probably a 535. My friend has a loaded 528 and it is way more sophisticated than my G. That's what gives BMW the brand recognition, maybe not to you, but it's clearly there to a lot of public. That you mention apple is also very interesting considering they are valued as the second highest company.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
That you mention apple is also very interesting considering they are valued as the second highest company.
Not until sheeple realize there are way better options around for less money. It looks like things are heading this way considering they were the number one.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Nothin2Somethin

It's true unfortunately in a negative way for Infiniti. You can't dispute a 328 is smoother than my G, what with all of the 7at tranny quirks.

If the Q50 doesn't deliver, my next car will be a BMW, probably a 535. My friend has a loaded 528 and it is way more sophisticated than my G. That's what gives BMW the brand recognition, maybe not to you, but it's clearly there to a lot of public. That you mention apple is also very interesting considering they are valued as the second highest company.
Just to clarify I think BMW's are great just so you know. What I'm saying is that most people don't buy it because they know how much potential tuning wise cars like the 335 offer or just how sick an m5 is a machine, or the capabilities the new 550's being turbo have, they are just buying to say "hey i have a bimmer", let me remind you majority are like 00max and i said "plain vanilla 328's and 528's smh..... if I'm going to buy a bmw it sure as hell won't be a 328 or 528.... And that being because i am a car enthusiast and know that those cars don't offer much performance wise, its a waste of time. But others who could opt for a g or a maxima or an is etc which would end up costing less and probably being more reliable no they decide i want to be a bimmer owner and go out and buy a 328 lmao. Hopefully you can understand the point it is I'm trying to make. And regarding your response about apple, seems you don't follow the markets or haven't been following them in recent days....
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM
CrackHeadMonsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LInk works now
Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 PM
g37guy01

Not until sheeple realize there are way better options around for less money. It looks like things are heading this way considering they were the number one.
They were knocked off number 1 by an oil company...not quite the competition.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:52 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that's weird. 90% of the G37x and A4 on the road here are bare bone as well.
no sport pkge, no nav pkge. same for my friend's civic.

not sure if getting the base model is a BMW only thing
Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 PM
g37guy01

Just to clarify I think BMW's are great just so you know. What I'm saying is that most people don't buy it because they know how much potential tuning wise cars like the 335 offer or just how sick an m5 is a machine, or the capabilities the new 550's being turbo have, they are just buying to say "hey i have a bimmer", let me remind you majority are like 00max and i said "plain vanilla 328's and 528's smh..... if I'm going to buy a bmw it sure as hell won't be a 328 or 528.... And that being because i am a car enthusiast and know that those cars don't offer much performance wise, its a waste of time. But others who could opt for a g or a maxima or an is etc which would end up costing less and probably being more reliable no they decide i want to be a bimmer owner and go out and buy a 328 lmao. Hopefully you can understand the point it is I'm trying to make. And regarding your response about apple, seems you don't follow the markets or haven't been following them in recent days....
I follow the markets closely...stock drop really doesn't knock them out of #2. But that's not the point.

BMWs are excellent street vehicles. They have earned that reputation. Good looking, agile, and handles the rough roads better than my G etc.

To diminish BMW because people buy the models they want with the trim level they want and it doesn't sit right by you...is frankly ridiculous. While this is an enthusiast site, I didn't buy my G to race around the track. I don't mod my cars, not worth the trouble. I bought my G to have a nice ride on the street.

I wanted a decent luxury vehicle with a hint of sportiness at a decent price. The G fit the bill best for me.

But after all the education expenses are done with I'm going to look at what's next.

I guess I can't understand the thinking of why you (the collective you) would negate someones purchase of a car because it doesn't fit your model of what a car should be.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
g37guy01

If RIM doesn't deliver, I'm going to become a sheeple also.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Ok so you clearly didn't understand the point I was trying to make... Let me break it down a little more for you... So would u have gone and bought a 328 instead of your g ?? Exactly... U prob would have opted for a comparable 335... But you prob didn't feel like paying the price right being that a loaded 328 is equivalent on price to a g and a loaded 335 is about 50k plus... Point being take a look on the road wherever u are and tell me out of all the 3 series you see on the road how many of them are 328's.... And your trying to convince me that a 328 is a better buy than a g37?? If you had the same money to spend on both, haha funny... When u want to accept reality bro you will realize most people dont buy the trim etc they want as u claim... Its a badge buy and they settle or they just don't realize that there are better options out there... Plain and simple
Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
g37guy01

Ok so you clearly didn't understand the point I was trying to make... Let me break it down a little more for you... So would u have gone and bought a 328 instead of your g ?? Exactly... U prob would have opted for a comparable 335... But you prob didn't feel like paying the price right being that a loaded 328 is equivalent on price to a g and a loaded 335 is about 50k plus... Point being take a look on the road wherever u are and tell me out of all the 3 series you see on the road how many of them are 328's.... And your trying to convince me that a 328 is a better buy than a g37?? If you had the same money to spend on both, haha funny... When u want to accept reality bro you will realize most people dont buy the trim etc they want as u claim... Its a badge buy and they settle or they just don't realize that there are better options out there... Plain and simple
See this is where I think you are being a little narrow minded. BMW Group sold how many cars last year; 1.5 million plus. I think it's a bit presumptious for you to know the rational behind all of those sales, that 1.5+million bought a BMW Group vehicle for "the badge."

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you can think what you want. I'm saying, in my mind, a BMW is a better street vehicle, but I opted for the G for my own reasons.

You're right about one thing, when I thought about a loaded G or a lesser BMW, this time around I chose the G. When I bought my G, Infiniti was practically giving away these cars and I got a heck of a deal. At the time, BMW wasn't (giving away their cars...but then they don't have to with all of the sheeple flocking to them. )

The next time around, maybe BMW will win...who knows?

Yunderstand?

Quick Reply: Exec Says Nissan Considered Killing Infiniti.....