G37 Sedan

Auto headlights won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Idkanymore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto headlights won't turn off

Hey guys, first time poster! I got a G37X and I installed a remote start for the harsh winters and I love it. I'm having a slight problem with the auto headlights though. If I remote start the car then decide to turn it back off via remote, the headlights won't turn off with the car. I would have to go and open and close my door manually for the headlights to shut off. Very inconvenient in situations where I am far away from the car and remote started the car but then something comes up.
Is there anyway for me to set it up so that the headlights turn off right away when the ignition turns off other than turning off the auto headlight feature? It's a nice feature and I would like to continue to have it control the headlights.

Thanks for any help or info on this!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 PM
pricojorge

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
try your settings on the screen
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
I'm not sure if this would help, but have you tried turning the auto headlight delay off? It can be located in the settings menu then go into comfort and convenience and there should be a setting somewhere in there for auto headlights delay or something of the sort and just try turning it to 0 so it will shut off when the car is turned off.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Idkanymore

I thought of that too. It's currently set to 0 seconds and it still won't turn off the headlights unless you either turn off the headlights in the car manually or actually open and close the door.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 AM
xtrafastcivic

If the driver door doesn't open, the lights will not turn off. Have you tried to unlock and lock the car? maybe even press lock twice? If those two don't work, the first sentence is true.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 AM
SlimTV
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You're going to have to deal with your alarm installer on this one. They will have to install some sort of timed "on/off" switch. Bypass module?? All it would do is temporarily turn on the open door signal, then shut it right off but this action should take place after the remote start is deactivated. Im sure a skilled installer can do it. Maybe wire it to that red led light that comes with any car alarm. Im thinking maybe a timed actuator of some sort that sends a temporary signal, like all the lights on the speedometer when we start our cars then they go out a few seconds later...kinda like that but in reverse so it happens when the car is shut off. What brand remote start is it? Something you bought off ebay, or a major brand with warranty and customer support# like Viper, Dei, Scorpion,APS, etc.. Is it part of an alarm system and you're only using the remote start feature or is it a dedicated remote starter?
I honestly dont think its worth the headache though. Just make sure if you remote start it, youre gonna drive it. Keep in mind, with our cars any aftermarket modification comes with some type of compromise.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:15 AM
wiliswene

try your settings on the screen
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Idkanymore

Originally Posted by SlimTV
You're going to have to deal with your alarm installer on this one. They will have to install some sort of timed "on/off" switch. Bypass module?? All it would do is temporarily turn on the open door signal, then shut it right off but this action should take place after the remote start is deactivated. Im sure a skilled installer can do it. Maybe wire it to that red led light that comes with any car alarm. Im thinking maybe a timed actuator of some sort that sends a temporary signal, like all the lights on the speedometer when we start our cars then they go out a few seconds later...kinda like that but in reverse so it happens when the car is shut off. What brand remote start is it? Something you bought off ebay, or a major brand with warranty and customer support# like Viper, Dei, Scorpion,APS, etc.. Is it part of an alarm system and you're only using the remote start feature or is it a dedicated remote starter?
I honestly dont think its worth the headache though. Just make sure if you remote start it, youre gonna drive it. Keep in mind, with our cars any aftermarket modification comes with some type of compromise.
I was actually thinking the same exact thing! Some kind of timed relay or something. Its made by python (basically same as viper which are both made by Directed Electronics). It is simply ONLY a remote start system (one button with LED confirmation) which is perfect for my needs. I was hoping there would be an easier solution but I guess I'm going to have to take it back to the installer for this one and ask him what he can do for me. I just want to be armed with some knowledge so I know what I'm talking about. Maybe he can call the installer support line to get some answers on this.