Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
owslystnly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man those corolla S's are HOT.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:08 PM
turbojay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rochester - I'm not bitter, loving my car. You on the other hand don't seem to have a life 'cause you keep harping the same line over and over.

Any time you want to line up your S vs. my xS in the snow, let me know.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
Originally Posted by owslystnly
man those corolla S's are HOT.
Hey, Andrew. Diggin the Corolla, eh? It is a fine little car for its class.

Originally Posted by turbojay
Hey Rochester - I'm not bitter, loving my car. You on the other hand don't seem to have a life 'cause you keep harping the same line over and over.

Any time you want to line up your S vs. my xS in the snow, let me know.
Oh God, not more butthurt from you, man... You seriously want to tell me I don't have a life? I can't believe you actually wrote that and thought, yeah baby, that's boss!

Here's the thing, Jay. You can lay your insecurities at my feet if you like, it's a free country and an open forum. But ultimately they're your problems, not mine. Nobody is insulting you because you think they're insulting the car you drive. I'm just posting opinions on a car forum, for crying out loud, not peeing in your front yard.

And not for nothing, but if I wanted to race people in the snow, I would have bought a truck.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-25-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 PM
sirrach

Wow, this thread really grew since I last checked it. Anyways, I am currently leasing my g, so I'm not too concerned about resale, but I was really curious what the trade-in would be with the car at this point. I was also curious if my buyout at 24k was worth it since I'd really like to keep the car.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by sirrach
Wow, this thread really grew since I last checked it. Anyways, I am currently leasing my g, so I'm not too concerned about resale, but I was really curious what the trade-in would be with the car at this point. I was also curious if my buyout at 24k was worth it since I'd really like to keep the car.
Sorry about my participation in the the recent off-topic BS, sirrach. Someone got weirdly personal on me, so I stood up.

If you really like your G, and the buyout is fair, by all means pick it up. I bought out a lease once and owned the car for 4 more years, no regrets. One way to look at it is this: you're buying a used car at a no-haggle price, and you know 100% of the history of that car, with no surprises.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 AM
owslystnly

Hey, Andrew. Diggin the Corolla, eh?
You might have missed my sarcasm, as there is really nothing 'S' about them, last I checked.

About as much 'S' as in the xS....

Last edited by owslystnly; 01-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by owslystnly
You might have missed my sarcasm, as there is really nothing 'S' about them, last I checked.

About as much 'S' as in the xS....
Well, yeah... That's why I posted the pic.

Watch what you say, buddy. Jay might question the quality of your life because of your automotive opinions. And that might make you sad, LOL.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Back on topic a bit.....to determine the real market value of any car it might be helpful to look at Edmunds, NADA, or KBB, however most of the dealers I've used also look at recent web-based sales results from large auction houses such as Manheim. Such results give a dealership an indication of how much cash they can generate if the car is sent to auction. I've seen the reports....they provide a rating system, miles, and other important information about cars that have been auctioned. Of course the sales amounts indicated would need to be discounted by auction fees. I'm not saying a dealership won't pay more for an individual trade, but ultimately auction pricing is very important to dealership risk mitigation.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM
owslystnly

And that might make you sad, LOL.
you cannot make a grad student any sadder. impossible

most of the dealers I've used also look at recent web-based sales results from large auction houses such as Manheim
true. but when I was presented with the mannheim list, and pointed out that the 1 real 6MT S sedan on the list sold for the price I was asking, they still refused to budge from the x or xS pricing they kept trying to sell me on. that's when I left.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
For those that don't know, Manheim Pennsylvania is home to one of the largest auto auction houses in the Northeast.

Originally Posted by financeman
Back on topic a bit.....to determine the real market value of any car it might be helpful to look at Edmunds, NADA, or KBB, however most of the dealers I've used also look at recent web-based sales results from large auction houses such as Manheim.
That's exactly right. See Post #32 for links to those sites.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:55 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Just got a mailer from my local dealer telling me to trade in my G for top dollar and it may be worth "Your 2012 G37 may be worth up to $24,550!". The dealer will never give you a fair price.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM
jepva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an '11 XS with 21k and I have been able to get $28k on trade-in. It helps when they are really desperate to sell you a car.

If its carmax or one of those "we buy cars" places, of course they are going to give you a crappy offer.

According to NADA's 2012 report on luxury cars, Infiniti's resale values have been improving. However, I'm concerned about the extremely cheap lease deals that have been going on...they are going to over-saturate the market in 2-3 years when all of the dirt cheap '12 and '13 leases are returned, and lower overall resale for everyone.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
atbxc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The last new vehicle I bought was in 1994. I have since purchased all used vehicles since they are already broken in, had their big hit in value and no longer need to be taken to the dealer for their little quirks and rattles found in new vehicles. I just bought my 2012 G37X with 27,000 miles on it for right at $27K - has lots of options on it. I put 25k + miles on my vehicles each year, so I will drive it until it for at least 4 or more years. Just passed my 2004 Toyota Solara with 165k on the clock to my son for when he goes to college next year. My youngest son will probably end up with the Infiniti when he goes to school.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
owslystnly

My youngest son will probably end up with the Infiniti when he goes to school
Lucky son!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
ncguy

Originally Posted by jepva
If its carmax or one of those "we buy cars" places, of course they are going to give you a crappy offer.
Yep. Carmax = biggest joke ever. My brother had a pristine 2003 M3 convertible, 55K on the clock. Carfax and Autocheck totally clean, all service records. Took it to Carmax, just to see. The offer...$11K. We went back a few weeks ago and they had a 2004 M3 coupe with 65K that looked like a hermit had been living in it for a couple months. They wanted $22.5K.

Quick Reply: Low resale value?