G37 Sedan

Modding out my g37 sport..Side Skirts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM
StephenAureo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modding out my g37 sport..Side Skirts?

Ok so i've decided to start modding out my g....its a 2010 g37xS and shes still a baby at around 25,000 miles and crisp obsidian black..

heres my plan...

1. OEM front chin spoiler
2. OEM rear deck lid spoiler
3. aerokits x rear diffuser carbon fiber

now heres my questions..

has anyone seen any side skirts that match the OEM front lip well?

can anyone recommend a roof spoiler? CF or not.

is the aerokits x rear diffuser the best choice? anything just as good for a better price?

Do i keep the silver grill? or go midnight?

Do i tint the headlights and taillights? Or does that only look good on the lighter color cars?

Thanks in advance !!!

Oh and if ANYONE has any of the pieces i've listed FOR SALE, let me know !!

Last edited by StephenAureo; 01-21-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: adding picture
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
daonlyillwiz

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Nice car man:

My answers to your questions..

OEM S model skirts match pretty ok

if you get the rear diffuser then yes BUT I think it would be too much going on in the back at that point...I wouldnt do it.

is the aerokits x rear diffuser the best choice? anything just as good for a better price?
Aerokits is the best one i saw up to now.

Go midnight

Do i tint the headlights and taillights? Or does that only look good on the lighter color cars?
HELL NO DO NOT TINT THE HEADLIGHTS OR TAILIGHTS, if you do i will come find you and tint your face lol. It would look too ugly, these cars are luxury cars and tinting the lights just makes it look cheaper.

You're Welcome

PS: One suggestion i would like to add, if you get the CF diffuser, and the roof spoiler you should consider a CF trunk OR CF wrap that chrome piece in the back where the camera sits.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
StephenAureo

Originally Posted by daonlyillwiz
Nice car man:

My answers to your questions..

OEM S model skirts match pretty ok

if you get the rear diffuser then yes BUT I think it would be too much going on in the back at that point...I wouldnt do it.

Aerokits is the best one i saw up to now.

Go midnight

HELL NO DO NOT TINT THE HEADLIGHTS OR TAILIGHTS, if you do i will come find you and tint your face lol. It would look too ugly, these cars are luxury cars and tinting the lights just makes it look cheaper.

You're Welcome

PS: One suggestion i would like to add, if you get the CF diffuser, and the roof spoiler you should consider a CF trunk OR CF wrap that chrome piece in the back where the camera sits.

Thanks! Lol and you're right about the tinting, I guess the wife G's I've seen with tinted headlights and tail lights look good but with the black the lights need to be left alone.

What OEM S side skirts are you speaking about?! Is my car already equipped with them?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Rather than tinting you could bake the headlights, open them up and paint the inside. Check out member Blnewt's car for an idea of what it'd look like, he's got a nice blacked out setup.

Since you're also thinking of doing CF diffuser/roof spoiler then you might also consider wrapping the grille with carbon fiber vinyl instead of blacking it out.

Yes you have the sport side skirts, we don't really have an "IPL" option like the coupe's do with side skirts that really flare out. Autokitsx has some I believe but I'm not really a fan. Autokitsx side skirt
Old 01-21-2013, 03:26 PM
StephenAureo

Originally Posted by BLamb
Rather than tinting you could bake the headlights, open them up and paint the inside. Check out member Blnewt's car for an idea of what it'd look like, he's got a nice blacked out setup.

Since you're also thinking of doing CF diffuser/roof spoiler then you might also consider wrapping the grille with carbon fiber vinyl instead of blacking it out.

Yes you have the sport side skirts, we don't really have an "IPL" option like the coupe's do with side skirts that really flare out. Autokitsx has some I believe but I'm not really a fan. Autokitsx side skirt
i checked out his blacked setup, i was confused between blacking out the chrome trim around the windows or not but i decided not to....carbon fiber the grill isnt a bad idea at all though..do you know of any good roof spoilers?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
daonlyillwiz

Stephen, i was talking about the OEM skirts that come on the S model sedan, i think they are Ok. But as Blamb said, us sedan owners dont have an IPL option like coupes.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
That's one mans' opinion, if it's done well by removing the light covers and quality painting the under-shrouds/bezels and quality painting the tails it can add to the overall look rather than detract from it. These are SPORT sedans, not a BMW 7 series. Not saying that your opinion is necessarily wrong as it can look out of place & cheap if not done well. But looking in the Media Share section of the site through so many different G Coupes/Sedans/Verts, there's so much to like in either painted or stock versions.

BTW, nice car OP, great choice!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 PM
daonlyillwiz

Originally Posted by blnewt
That's one mans' opinion, if it's done well by removing the light covers and quality painting the under-shrouds/bezels and quality painting the tails it can add to the overall look rather than detract from it. These are SPORT sedans, not a BMW 7 series. Not saying that your opinion is necessarily wrong as it can look out of place & cheap if not done well. But looking in the Media Share section of the site through so many different G Coupes/Sedans/Verts, there's so much to like in either painted or stock versions.

BTW, nice car OP, great choice!
Yes that is my opinion but aside from the fact that its illegal it also devalues the car...
Old 01-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
i have my taillights tinted on my BS and i love it
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Yes that is my opinion but aside from the fact that its illegal it also devalues the car...
I think we may be thinking of a different take on "tinting". Agree 100% regarding tinted/smoked lights being illegal. I meant painting the inside housing of the headlights which won't effect light output on projector
headlights (like the factory C6 Corvette headlight housings). And regarding the tails, mine are painted, but retain the rear light rings and side LED markers being visible in day & night. The smokedheadlights/tails that decrease visibility are illegal and a potential safety hazard.
Any mods outside of OEM parts tend to lower the value of the car unless you find a buyer looking for those particular things.
So I definitely see your point, but regarding the mod making the car look cheap I respectfully disagree (if it's done well that is)