G37 Sedan

Is this covered under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM
ramus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this covered under warranty?

Does any of the basic warranties cover creaking/rattling/squeaking/chirping of the interior parts and windshield/window seals?

I want to fix these problems: 1. window seals causing squeaking noise whenever I open the door (I own a coupe and the window rolls down/up whenever I open door because it is trimless. 2. Creaking of the center console when pushed against. 3. Chirping of the windshield area when riding rough roads.

If the warranty does not cover it, did anyone go in to get this checked out without the warranty? How much did this cost for your situation?

Thanks for your input in advance!

Last edited by ramus; 01-18-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Yes and no

Yes if it's obvious and no if you can't reproduce the sound when you go to the dealer, which seems to happen more often than not

Good luck. I hope you have an good and caring dealer in your area.

Check for TSB's
https://www.myg37.com/forums/alldata...012/makeid=27/
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM
INFINITI G37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The squeeking noise of the center console is a common problem in all Gs.. I mean when pushed against
Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
eddie903

Dodge would attempt to replicate any issues that were complained about and possible fixes. I would hope Infiniti would have equal or better service than them. Call is your best bet.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Yes and no

Yes if it's obvious and no if you can't reproduce the sound when you go to the dealer, which seems to happen more often than not

Good luck. I hope you have an good and caring dealer in your area.

Check for TSB's
AllData - Technical Service Bulletins
^+1. this. squeeks/rattles are not always black and white. yes, they are covered by warranty if the dealer can replicate the symptoms while they have the car. many variable affect these nuisances though, not the least of which is weather. a squeek in the winter may disappear by spring as temps rise and body panels expand.

i took my car in for interior squeek diagnosis. the tech drove it for 2 days (this killed me) and noted a few "occasional rattles" but could pinpoint nothing specific. the dealer said they could tear apart my dash (under warranty), but that often things don't go back together as tight as they come from the factory so other rattles may pop up. of course, these new rattles would also be covered under warranty, but at what point do you stop chasing noises and just leave well enough alone? for me, i settled for intermittent rattles that are minor enough that i didn't want to disturb the virgin dash assembly.

before you go ripping apart your interior you should determine if the problem is bad enough to justify it. if it drives you crazy, ok deal with it. if you can live with it or can't hear it with the radio on or other people in the car then i say leave it.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:17 PM
eddie903

BTW exhaust would fix the squeaky noise on rough roads
Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 AM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
To be honest it's not worth the trouble going to the dealership in my experience. First of all, they will tell you it's covered under the basic warranty BUT ONLY during the 1st yr/12k miles but they will go the extra miles just for you. Then they will tell you to drop it off and make note to the tech who will try to replicate the problem and most of the time they it will be unsuccessful. Then they will (as someone mentioned already above) say they are able to help you take the interior apart and pinpoint the noise but new ones might develop and cause even more problems. Bottomline they will feed you a bunch of BS in which the result is only a complete waste of your time and gas money. I have learn to deal with it but for the squeaky center console, I have looked at the FSM to see how to properly pop it out and apply a thin foam tape on the contact point. Go to your local Home Depot and get some foam tape from the window seals section. For the door seals, I would try to clean it and rub it down very thoroughly.