G37 Sedan

New G37X owner needs help from other owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM
ErikM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
New G37X owner needs help from other owners

So I just got a 2013 G37x sedan ( black/black, premium, navi, wood,18" performance wheels) This is actually my 3rd G, obviously a happy Infiniti owner. So here's what I 'd like to do. Although the car is a lease I'll have it for 3.5 years so I don't mind doing things as long as it can be reversed.

So with this in mind I want to do the Swift springs, I really like the way the car looks lowered. But here's my question is there anyone in the central NJ area who has the Swift springs that wouldn't mind letting me take a ride in their car? I understand that the Swift keep the ride pretty close to stock but before I embark on this I'd really like to get a chance to ride in a lowered G37X with the Swift springs. My plans beyond this also include doing wheels but I think I'll stick with 18" I think ( maybe I'm wrong?" but I believe that the taller sidewall of the 18" will help keep the ride smooth.. Truth is I think the car as it is with the 18" wheels drives great, I just hate the huge spaces over the wheels.

I also believe that to get the alignment spot on that I'll need a camber kit for both front and back?

So any help or opinions for a newbie would be much appreciated!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by ErikM
So I just got a 2013 G37x sedan ( black/black, premium, navi, wood,18" performance wheels) This is actually my 3rd G, obviously a happy Infiniti owner. So here's what I 'd like to do. Although the car is a lease I'll have it for 3.5 years so I don't mind doing things as long as it can be reversed.

So with this in mind I want to do the Swift springs, I really like the way the car looks lowered. But here's my question is there anyone in the central NJ area who has the Swift springs that wouldn't mind letting me take a ride in their car? I understand that the Swift keep the ride pretty close to stock but before I embark on this I'd really like to get a chance to ride in a lowered G37X with the Swift springs. My plans beyond this also include doing wheels but I think I'll stick with 18" I think ( maybe I'm wrong?" but I believe that the taller sidewall of the 18" will help keep the ride smooth.. Truth is I think the car as it is with the 18" wheels drives great, I just hate the huge spaces over the wheels.

I also believe that to get the alignment spot on that I'll need a camber kit for both front and back?

So any help or opinions for a newbie would be much appreciated!
I doubt you'll need the camber kits for the milder Swift drop. A good alignment shop should be able to get it in spec, or so close that it shouldn't cause issues.
Yes, 18" wheels w/ the taller profile tires will absorb more road ruts, bumps, potholes, etc. and they'll be quite a bit cheaper than 19s or 20s for sure (and they'll weigh quite a bit less). May be able to find some in the marketplace here or on G35driver for a lot less too.
Would be nice to find a Swift-equipped G just to seal the deal, but there have been enough positive reviews about the very good ride quality w/ these springs that I wouldn't be too worried in that regard. Now if you were going to lower it and go w/ 20" wheels then you'd notice a much more drastic change.
HTHs
Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 PM
ErikM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the reply.. I'm still hoping to get a chance to ride in one, but I suspect you're right that it'll ride fine.. as for the 18" inch wheels it's really not a matter of cost, I work for CarId so I can get a pretty good deal on wheels, I just think, as do you, that 18's will ride better.. Thinking of a set of Lexani's
Attached Thumbnails New G37X owner needs help from other owners-r-ten_552_a2_detail.jpg