G37 Sedan

Weird Horn Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 PM
cammattscott

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Weird Horn Question

So I bought my 2011 G37x from a dealer who specializes in Rebuilt titles. Car is basically brand new and feels great. I noticed, however, that I am missing a horn. I hear only one tone, and it sounds like the "high" horn (even though it is physically in a lower location). I believe "high" is a reference to the pitch.

I am looking to replace the LOW horn that I am missing but I can't even find the wires for it.

Can anybody provide a real-life picture of the LOW horn, location, and (bonus) where the wire bundle comes from? I know it has its own relay, but I don't know where I should be looking in order to find the wires. I suppose as a last resort I could just tap the high horn...

When looking in the parts catalog, I see that one of the horns is simply a horn and the other is associated with the ALARM.

Any light shed by anyone is much obliged.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by cammattscott
So I bought my 2011 G37x from a dealer who specializes in Rebuilt titles. Car is basically brand new and feels great. I noticed, however, that I am missing a horn. I hear only one tone, and it sounds like the "high" horn (even though it is physically in a lower location). I believe "high" is a reference to the pitch.

I am looking to replace the LOW horn that I am missing but I can't even find the wires for it.

Can anybody provide a real-life picture of the LOW horn, location, and (bonus) where the wire bundle comes from? I know it has its own relay, but I don't know where I should be looking in order to find the wires. I suppose as a last resort I could just tap the high horn...

When looking in the parts catalog, I see that one of the horns is simply a horn and the other is associated with the ALARM.

Any light shed by anyone is much obliged.
Did you check the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Sedan/2010/HRN.pdf

Telcoman

Last edited by telcoman; 01-07-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 AM
cammattscott

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry for the late reply--I found it! The fuse was blown, so when I originally found the wires for it I thought they were the wrong wires since I didn't get reading on ohm meter when pressing horn. Replaced fuse, got power, new horn installed = yay!