G37 Sedan

Are you sticking with Infiniti if the Q50 doesn't impress?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Max00
Just think about the name "Q50" is hurting my brain. It keeps tricking me imaging about a 5.0 V8.

We could only hope... The price tag though wouldn't be worth it at that point I don't think.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 PM
rm2342

Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
You're gonna debadge it anyway, right? O.o If it was called Infiniti fat@ss pig with F A T A S S P I G badges on the back, and it looked and performed like a car in this price range would and you liked it, wouldn't you still get it regardless of what it's called? Everyone just needs to get over the name change and buy the car based on looks and performance. Q will grow on us at some point and 5 years down the road, people would still get pissed if it gets changed again. Instead they'll be saying, "my car will forever be a Q50, not a L29 or whatever."

OR just by a Hyundai and debadge, pocket the change.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
The new Q could be the most amazing car ever made... and while I'm interested, because I like cars, I personally don't care. And I won't be buying one. As long as my 2011 Sedan 6MT doesn't get cracked up, I'll likely own it for ten years, which is about how long I owned my 2003 Maxima 6MT.

If you take the time (years, in my case) to study the market and pick out the right car that fits your finances and your automotive values, then you're probably in it for the long haul. But if you lease cars, or flip cars as a hobby, then you're probably seriously jazzed up about what's coming down the line.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
The 435 will also outprice it.
I strongly agree. That's why I said if he has the funds now why wait.. But yes a 10k difference at the least.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
rm2342

Originally Posted by Rochester
The new Q could be the most amazing car ever made... and while I'm interested, because I like cars, I personally don't care. And I won't be buying one. As long as my 2011 Sedan 6MT doesn't get cracked up, I'll likely own it for ten years, which is about how long I owned my 2003 Maxima 6MT.

If you take the time (years, in my case) to study the market and pick out the right car that fits your finances and your automotive values, then you're probably in it for the long haul. But if you lease cars, or flip cars as a hobby, then you're probably seriously jazzed up about what's coming down the line.

This is the smart levelheaded approach. But everyone wants the new shiny thing.. Me included unfortunately.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
NickyF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My '12 G sedan is a very good and fun DD for what it is. I too keep my cars for a long time and when it is time for another, it will be an upgrade to the next class, not for all intents and purposes a lateral move to a vehicle like a Q50.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
If you have the funds for a 435i you should just get that. No matter what Infiniti does to the G/Q the 435i will out perform it. Just like the 335 has out performed every other G coupe. You should just order one now
I hate it when people give out these "oh it has a BMW badge so it's automatically better" comments.. No it will not be better because of the steering and super soft suspension they used on the f30. On top of that the current G37 coupe handles better than the 335 coupe. On top of that, the G35 coupe killed the 330 e46 coupe in every catagory, and the difference was big, so no, bmw hasnt always outperformed. Sorry to kill the thread but the Q50 and IS should impress, way more than the current 3/4 series.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
At least BMW is adding more power, not the same engines/same output.
I like the Infiniti product but they need some bigger more powerful engines.
Power 1st luxury2nd not the other way around.
Why can't Infiniti just add a single turbo to the 3.7 & call it a day.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 PM
lilb

Originally Posted by LH1
Yes, ultimately I think I'll really like the Q50, but if I don't I'll move on to something else.

I've mostly gotten over the unnecessary name change and will give the Q50 a fair shot.

Other cars I'm considering are the new Lexus IS350 and the Chevy SS. The Lex is also debuting at the Detroit show. The SS from what I understand will be revealed around Daytona.
I'm also looking forward to see what the new IS has to offer

If you have the funds for a 435i you should just get that. No matter what Infiniti does to the G/Q the 435i will out perform it. Just like the 335 has out performed every other G coupe. You should just order one now
Originally Posted by Lokosis
Is brand loyalty a common thing these days?

If the car ends up looking like a pig, why consider it, because of the Mt Fuji on he front and back? Not a chance, I have no issues going to another car manufacturer. Curious how the rest of you feel too.

I'm sure most of us ended up on this forum for that same reason, possibly coming from a BMW or Audi, and wanted something more appealing/better/different/etc.
I strongly agree. That's why I said if he has the funds now why wait.. But yes a 10k difference at the least.
I just don't like the look of the current-gen 3 series, which is the main reason why I went with a g37

Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
You're gonna debadge it anyway, right? O.o If it was called Infiniti fat@ss pig with F A T A S S P I G badges on the back, and it looked and performed like a car in this price range would and you liked it, wouldn't you still get it regardless of what it's called? Everyone just needs to get over the name change and buy the car based on looks and performance. Q will grow on us at some point and 5 years down the road, people would still get pissed if it gets changed again. Instead they'll be saying, "my car will forever be a Q50, not a L29 or whatever."
The name doesn't bother me, what I'm more interested in is its looks and more importantly performance.

Originally Posted by Nick3753
I'm confused?? You sold your 12' coupe to get into a 14' Q50 sedan but if you don't like it you will jump to a 14' 435i, a coupe?
That's right. Unfortunately the Q60 won't be out for a year after the sedan, so in the end I will either go with the Q50 sedan or a 435i coupe. Whether my new vehicle is a sedan or coupe doesn't matter, I have another 4D car so I will go with whichever appeals to me more.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
lilb

Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
I hate it when people give out these "oh it has a BMW badge so it's automatically better" comments.. No it will not be better because of the steering and super soft suspension they used on the f30. On top of that the current G37 coupe handles better than the 335 coupe. On top of that, the G35 coupe killed the 330 e46 coupe in every catagory, and the difference was big, so no, bmw hasnt always outperformed. Sorry to kill the thread but the Q50 and IS should impress, way more than the current 3/4 series.
I hope so 9 more days hehehehehehe
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
My G37 coupe does not out perform a 335 coupe.
Maybe sedans are different.
But it's not just a badge.
BMW has backed up the badge with more satisfied customers than Infiniti, more power, better quality interiors, better leather, more features, higher resell values, and better warranty. But it IS more expensive.
So yeah..
"If" you have an extra 10k + to shell out a "435" will most likely be a better car. I dont know how the 328/330 coupes or sedans do against the G sedan.
I can careless about the brand facts are facts.

Maybe the IPL or whatever they call it will fight the "435" but it won't be an M3 competitor so ill wait to see how Infinitis top model does against the 435
Current IPL coupe can't out perform a 335 coupe either.
Sorry for the long rant, but no I don't just look at badges.

G/ Q will continue to be the best bang for the buck like the G always has been. Nothing under 45k is better. That's why I keep buying them.

Last edited by RYs06MT; 01-05-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
The G is comparable to a 328 not the 335 or the new 435i. That is pretty obvious.

Ry explained it best.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Yea, 3 series have always been a step ahead of the g in terms of power. Only reason the g35 had it on the 330 is because that body and power plant of the 330 had been out for at least 4 years. 335 came along and it was game over for the g35 and g37... Our cars are very reliable and i think the best bang for your buck when comparing to the 3. But as far as performance, BMW has it. Infiniti definitely has to close that gap and this is their chance. We'll see as like all of you I am anxious to see what kind of power plant the next g is coming with.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

I've got to agree with this. My car is 2 years old and paid for, so I really need to be dumping extra cash into my retirement fund and/or making extra payments on my mortgage principal.

I only had my '04 G for 6 years, but as a car enthusiast I just had to have the '11 LE. For now I will just look and enjoy what's out there from a visual perspective and do as Rochester and study the market for some years to come.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM
jdhorn88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The quality of the car does not change with the name

Quick Reply: Are you sticking with Infiniti if the Q50 doesn't impress?