G37 Sedan

Check out this story...smashed my new G...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Indy_L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out this story...smashed my new G...

Quickest way to remove the headlights? Boom! Feel free to just run up behind someone and let them slam on their brakes when it is pouring rain....Nice little 3 car accident. Oh, but let's dive into this story...

I Leased this car brand new on 10/20/12, have had it for 2 months with only 2300 miles. G37xS 7AT, Prem, Nav, Tech. Was just past the break in period so just started driving it like a boss!

Get this, when it rains, it pours:

My wife and I were on the way to Children's Hospital to admit our 2-yr old daughter. (They were in a different vehicle further behind, I had our 4-yr old daughter with me.)

Its pouring rain in Columbus, OH (Polaris Area) and the roads are jam packed with Holiday Shoppers. The other two parties were extremely understanding, we exchanged info and moved on. The Officer that showed up made sure that everyone was alright and did not cite anyone (sweet for me) and then moved on. No one was hurt. My wife pulls up. We move the 4-yr old to her car and she goes to Children's Hospital.

Now the fun begins:

The accident happened just before 2:00. PO had a called tow truck for vehicles. He shows up, says he can't take both vehicles. Me being the nice guy, "no problem, take the other car first" and he puts the other vehicle on flat bed and leaves. My car runs, but won't shift out of Park (could not get the shift lock to release, if it was locked) and all the warning lights lit up: AWD, ABS, Cruise, AT. Ok, that's fine I have Roadside assistance with my Ins Company.

I call them three times. They cannot help me. (too long of a story just dealing with them to type in here)
FYI: I am a very patient, understanding guy. You gotta trip me up several times, maybe call out my wife and mom, lay a turd down in front of me before I start to get pressed. This did not press me. Ok, so my insurance Roadside Assist is crap. Fine, I have Infiniti Roadside, let me give them a call. I call via Infiniti Personal Assistant.

Me: "Hey, Infiniti PA. I was just in an accident, I need help getting a tow truck."
IPA: "Well sir, we do have roadside assistance, but they're not going to be able to help you with that."
Me: "Uhh, What?"
IPA: "Yeah, you'll need to call a towing company in the area to move your car."
Me: "uhhhhh.....nothing?"
IPA: "I apologize..."
Me: "Hey buddy, fine. I'll figure this out myself..." <click>

Ok, so now it is 2 hours after my accident. I've been in and out of my car. It's 40 degress, raining cats and dogs, I'm soaked to the bone. Let me find a towing company. I look up Google Maps on my Droid and start calling all towing companies. One can get me in 45-mins. Cool. I'll be here.

1 hour later. I call back towing company.

Me: "Hey, checking on ETA."
Towing: "Ahhhh...so that's your phone number...I wrote it down wrong. We couldn't get ahold of you. My guy was out there 15 mins ago. He couldn't find you."
Me: "Uhhhh...what?"
Towing: "Yeah, said he all over that intersection and couldn't find your car."
Me: "Ummmm...I'm the only car sitting in the intersection with a smashed up front end, my hazards are on, people are driving around me. Oh, and there are road flares lit up behind my vehicle that the cop left in the road."
Towing: "Ok, let me send him back over there, he'll be there in 15 mins."

30 mins later...towing guy shows up. "Oh, there you are. I missed you when I drove by the first time." Haha, yeah. He drags my car up on the flatbed and I then run through the ran down the road about 500 ft to where my ride is waiting. Yeah, I'm soaked to the bone, but hey, it only took 3.5 hours to get my car out of the road of the busiest intersection in the area.

You'll probably see me on Facebook. Not me personally, I hate FB and am not a fan. But no less then 100 cars drove by and took my pic. Only one of those people actually rolled down their window and asked if everything was alright.

I didn't get upset with anyone I dealt with. I'm a jovial guy, laughed on the phone with everyone. I'm still laughing today. No need to get overworked, stress isn't good. Roll with the punches...Didn't raise my voice, etc...

Apparently Nice Guys Finish Last (GreenDay), in the rain, 40 degrees, with a jacked up car, a 2-yr old in the hospital and me not sure how she is doing, with a frantic wife trying to handle it on her own, everyone driving by taking pics, no-one stopping (and when you look at them they look away like they weren't looking at you ), roadside Assistance that doesn't care, another roadside assistance that doesn't care. And dangit, I left my garage door opener in the car. Now with the rental car, I gotta get out and manually hit the button then run to the car. And they can't get to my car for repairs until after the New Years.

Nice world we live in...

Oh, and my daughter is fine. She had a severly bad cough, 105 degree temp, dehydrated, couldn't sleep. Got some meds and diagnosis. (But my wife's ordeal with Children's Hospital is another story for another day. Geez, really...you're a hospital, we have to track down a nurse after being admitted?)

Sweet, it's snowing, I love the snow. Taking my 4-yr old out sledding here later!

Pics Attached Below

Last edited by Indy_L; 12-21-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Attached Pics
Old 12-21-2012, 01:57 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
First thing first.. Glad to hear everyone is okay..

I am confused as to why PO didn't call in 2nd tow truck.. Why you had to call yourself.

I never had to use Infiniti roadside assistance, so I don't have any experience with them.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:48 PM
pvc_

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Accidents are never fun, so be glad everything is ok at the end. I once blew a rear tire on the freeway at 9 pm and magically managed to pull to the right side safely. A million cars including cops and emergency cars passed by and didn't even yell out "**** you." My car jack bent and the car dropped to ground, so I had to call the Insurance company to send out a tow truck. After 3.5 hours of being stuck on the side of the freeway the tow guy showed up and instead of trying to change the tire, he wanted to tow the car without a wheel. I ended up convincing him to jack the car from the rear and managed to put the spare on...Good times.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Indy_L

I didn't know that the PO only called in for one tow truck and the PO was long gone by the time that the 1st tow truck arrived on the scene. That tow driver was from a lot that was actually 40 minutes south of our accident location. I live 30 mins north of the accident location. I didn't want that driver to take my car back to his lot since it would be over an hour from my house.

He couldn't tow the other vehicle due to the rear end damage and couldn't tow my vehicle because we couldn't get it to shift out of park. Both had to be flat-bedded.

Anyway, today I decide to have a talk with my insurance company Roadside Assistance and with Infiniti Consumer Affairs regarding lack of Roadside Assistance. My Insurance Agent is awesome, she'll be hooking us up with a new Insurance Co after this is over.

Infiniti Consumer Affairs: the lady I spoke with was extremely nice. She called over to Roadside Assistance. Nope, no record of any call. Ehh, makes sense, I called into the Infiniti Personal Assistant who would have called into Roadside Assist and taken care of that. Ok, so she calls over to IPA, nope, they don't have any record of that happening yesterday.

Uhh, I called this number (888-774-1411).
Yep, that's IPA.
Does IPA have a person named XX that would have answered my call?
Sure do.
Would IPA have contacted Roadside Assist, or connected me over there for help?
Yep, definitely would have. Towing is covered in your Total Ownership.
Any reason why I I had to track down my own tow?
Huh, you know what, let me look into this and get back to you.

Not a big deal, I'm not a griper, not looking for any retribution. I come from a customer service background. I just pass on opportunities to improve for to next customer. Never place blame or expect to receive any benefit back.

Just sad that I jacked my G. And think its comical that Murphy's Law chose to hit EVERY single variable in my day yesterday once this chain of events started happening. Wait until you hear about my wife's ordeal in the hospital.

Side notes:

I even dropped my key on the side of the road while we were looking at the vehicles. My car got locked and I spent 20 mins running around the side of the road looking for it.

I had an umbrella, but the wind was blowing so hard the umbrella was worthless.

After the PO had left (and before the 1st tow arrived), a HWY Patrol officer arrived on the scene, and stopped by the other vehicle to check and see if everything was alright. I saw him pull up beside her across from the intersection so I ran over there to make sure that everything was still good and the other lady wasn't shaken up now. He sees me run up, but doesn't really acknowledge me as he walks by. As he's getting back into his car and sees that I'm just kinda standing there, he then asks. Oh, uhh, are you with her? Nope, I'm in the vehicle back there. He turns around, which one...Oh, haha, I didn't even see your vehicle back there, I just saw this lady on the side of the road. Everything all right? Yep, we're just waiting on the tow trucks. Ok, Have a good day. Gets in his car and drives off.
~ Really, you drove right by my vehicle that is sitting at the traffic light, has 4 road flares burning behind it and everyone is taking pics of it? You really didn't see it?

Seriously, I couldn't (and wouldn't) make any of this up. I have nothing to gain out of a story.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM
mystikal
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sucks man, glad you and your family is safe, and you have insurance to deal with fixing the material things in life. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Indy_L

Adding Pics. I had to change the sharing privs on my Google Drive for my ins adjuster
Attached Thumbnails Check out this story...smashed my new G...-front-end-damage.jpg   Check out this story...smashed my new G...-side-view.jpg  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Indy_L
Adding Pics. I had to change the sharing privs on my Google Drive for my ins adjuster
Damn, sorry to hear of this, sure hope they get it turned around soon and hope it's back to new condition for ya
Old 12-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you get your ride fixed back ASAP.
Sucks about the facebookers, all they seem to do is rubberneck in the name of taking pics.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:24 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You're a far better man than me, buddy. No way I would have been as patient as you.

I'm very glad you and your daughter are safe and well. Good luck with the car.

Last edited by ashmostro; 12-22-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Your patience is definitely noteworthy!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:40 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to read about your accident and happy that your daughter was okay.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:33 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
I've had AAA for over 40 years. Well worth the annual cost in an emergency as well as discounts when traveling.

Telcoman
Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
You wrote your story in a very humorous way, but I'm glad you are okay and your daughter is okay. The car can be fixed.

There are times you have to maintain a sense of humor. Blowing a gasket and suffereing a stroke or heart attack is not fun.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 PM
canoncleguy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad u r okay... And u really are a nice guy. I am not that patient
Old 12-25-2012, 12:19 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts
Sad to hear this from another member of the G family!

Glad that thing are working out well for you, your daughter and your family...may Santa bring you a shiny G37 for Christmas!

Take care & have a Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply: Check out this story...smashed my new G...