G37 Sedan

Check out this story...smashed my new G...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Indy_L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Totaled - Picked up New Maxima

Sorry it took so long to post a reply to this malady. It took a while, what an ordeal, but after nearly two months my insurance adjuster decided to total out the car. I had it for only two months, 2k miles and apparently a slow drive at 25mph in stop/go rush hour traffic is enough to total it out. The hood completely severed the main engine wiring harness and rather than pulling the engine to repair, they decided to total it out.

Get this, the auto-body shop that both my Infiniti Dealer and IFS recommended as the premier repair shop for our area (there's only one OEM shop) decided to hold my car ransom for more money from the insurance company, after, due to their error in losing my paperwork and shuffling my repairs back to the end of the line.

The insurance adjuster gave a nice stiff arm, I tracked down several need-to-know people in my work and social network and we were able to resolve. I'm not throwing anyone under the bus, but the only certified repair body shop in our area has some pretty shady tactics I learned of....

Whew! Its behind me though. I only made two payments on the lease and was just getting into the mod bug when it all hit. IFS wrote off the adjustment, my insurance co gave me money off the lease to put down on a replacement car, soooooooo......

I picked up a 2010 Maxima Premium/tech, local trade in with only 17k miles, near pristine condition and a rock bottom price, giving me money to begin modding. I was thinking about holding out for a 2013 6MT sedan, but they are just a little hard to come by...

I miss the nearly 40+ hp that the G "has" but hey, this gives me time to mod out the Max, flip it and get the new Q6MT in about two years...if/when they decide to go to it....

What a ride. It was short lived and I'll pal around the Maxima forums for a while, but the mods here give me ideas to play out on the Maxima. I guess it paid to be patient in the long run.

See y'all around....
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about this whole situation but it looks like you always see the bright side!

Congrats on the new Maxima !
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
g37ex35

Wow, quite a story but glad to hear you and your family are OK.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 AM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you are ok.

I smacked Bambi's 10pt daddy in the *** and a new fender, bumper and headlight set SF back $3300.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok

One thing you may want to consider is become a member of AAA

If something like that happened on a toll road you'll have to deal with two towing companies.

With AAA you'll get reimbursed for both

Telcoman
Old 02-21-2013, 02:38 AM
ko3r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad your fine, but I have to give you props on your personality...amazing guy you are!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Indy_L

Thanks everyone for you compliments....Apparently I missed common courtesy 101, acknowledge messages in chatboards....

Thanks to the following for replying.

needsoju
mystikal
blnewt
Presto
ashmostro
eurtsx
movinon
g37guy01
canoncleguy
dragion
concavo
g37ex35
UN1263
ko3r

Also, telcoman, thanks for your replies. Fortunately in Ohio we have only 1 toll road, up north when I travel to Chicago. Down in central/south Ohio we don't have to deal with those, which means, yes, our roads are crap from all the salt and snow.

I've had AAA in the past, but since my InsurCo was supposed to be the number 1 rated in Customer Service including road side assit and also had the Infiniti Total Car Experience, I figured I was well covered. HA!

Actually, I've moved cross country twice (From Columbus, OH to Phoenix then back) and the AAA memberships saved me nearly $500 each way. On everything else, I have bigger discounts through WorkPerks, savvy internet searching and plain ole' negotiating.

Sidebar discussion: I guess I'm kinda through purchasing new Infiniti's and will go the CPO, slightly used route in the future. The Total Ownership Experience seems to be quite overrated now... I returned to my local Infiniti Dealer nearly three weeks ago to express interest in purchasing a new Infiniti, and test drove two used G's as well as having called IFS to discuss leasing a new vehicle. Neither one has followed up with me, whereas the Nissan guy did nearly everything possible to get my business and has hooked me up with referrals for tint, body repair, audio and service....

I think having only one Infiniti dealer in central OH has kinda allowed them to coast along without having to work for their business. But, we have another dealership opening this May, so maybe this will make them step up their game with some much needed competition. I was actually shopping in a 300 mile radius to get pricing that is much more in line with nationwide averages.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Indy_L

Partial Retraction of Statement

Gotta clean up my act here and make a partial retraction of statements...

I knocked the Total Infiniti Experience a bit, but have to make a correction. I was totally satisfied with my G and will definitely get into a new one. In fact, on totalling out the car, IFS both wrote off the negative equity (negative difference between my Insurance's estimated Fair Market Value ($38k) and payoff of the lease ($42k)). Also, IFS waived the difference ($70) in my lease payment ($430) and Insurance Deductible ($500) in good faith.

Since I leased vs purchased, I made out like a bandit in the end, so I gotta acknowledge that.

I'm in a 2010 Maxima right now and am looking ~2 yrs out in trading back up on a newer model year. Not sure what they will do with the 2015 redesigned Maxima, but they are pinching it pretty closely with the Altima and the redesigned G.

So, all being said, in two years I'll be comparing the following three models to determine what I want:

2013 G37 Sedan 6MT
2015 Q50 (since it will be the second model year, short of the 3rd year refresh)
2015 Maxima SV loaded

I feel that the luxury value of the interior is nearly the same between the Max and G/Q, but the CVT is a little short of the 328 HP and less tuning mods than the G/Q, RWD vs. FWD.

So it looks like i'll be jumping back into a G. might as well toy around with the ole' Max, work out the modding kinks before I re-up...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
It is unfortunate that you did not have a good experience with your local Infiniti sales team. You will see that changing with Johan coming in. he has already put things in place to start ramping up customer service (as it should be) so hopefully we can see that change soon. Wish you lived closer, I would have kept you in an Infiniti

Looking forward to seeing you to the Infiniti family once again soon.