G37 Sedan

Christmas came early!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice to see some cross-section on that rear! Looks great!

I'm planning to upgrade to 245/275 in the new year. Looking forward to having more grip
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
looking good, love those fat rear tires!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 AM
CRV_33
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
very nice wheel setup. Is your car AWD or RWD?

I just noticed that you got the rolled exhaust tips. How did you do to that?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
I like your car, Newt. Customized without being gaudy. While I'm not so much liking the black paint on the rims, I do like the wheels themselves. Simple, clean 5-spokes. And it does work with your overall theme. And you're happy... quite obviously.

Nice sticker.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Looking at your nice new wheels makes me dread going out to the lot, after work, to see my baby with her recessed winter shoes on - even when they are wrapped around the OEM 18's. Yuk!

Your G is looking great!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Hey Newt... what are you going to do about the red center caps? Leave them as is? Paint them? Swap them for an Infiniti logo?

Interesting rims. What's the weight on those? Can't seem to google that info anywhere.

Kind of liking those BC5's in Charcoal, although the flare at the web of the spokes is kind of obvious. Hmm...

I've been lusting after a set of Vossen CV3's, and these have the same general theme to them. Kind of.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-17-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 PM
thebals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice ride OP! Looks fantastic!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Hey Newt... what are you going to do about the red center caps? Leave them as is? Paint them? Swap them for an Infiniti logo?

Interesting rims. What's the weight on those? Can't seem to google that info anywhere.

Kind of liking those BC5's in Charcoal, although the flare at the web of the spokes is kind of obvious. Hmm...

I've been lusting after a set of Vossen CV3's, and these have the same general theme to them. Kind of.

if you're concerned with weight, Vossens are heavy.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by sniper27
if you're concerned with weight, Vossens are heavy.
The 19" CV3s weigh one pound more (F/R) than my 18" duckfeet.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
pg37

Could we get a profile of the fronts to show flushness, like you did with the rears? I'm getting ready to buy some wheels (f14's maybe) and this rear is exactly what I was looking for, fit-wise.

And by the looks of those wheels, I'd say you're wife deserves a Chanel or Louis Vutton.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
pg37

Not to thread-jack, but what the hell are the duck feet? Are those the new OEM's or the old ones?

The OEM 18's are not what I would consider light. Not when you can get 19" Weds that weigh 20lbs.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by pg37
Not to thread-jack, but what the hell are the duck feet? Are those the new OEM's or the old ones?
18" Sedan Sport Rims on my 2011 6MT. They look like duck feet, so I call them duck feet.

Not exactly the most attractive design to come out of Nissan, so while I use that term in jest, it's also not a compliment.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:31 PM
ashmostro

Weight isn't the only issue. It's also how far from the axis the weight is. Bigger diameter = greater moment of inertia. So if you go bigger, equal weight behaves like more weight.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:33 PM
ashmostro

18" Sedan Sport Rims on my 2011 6MT. They look like duck feet, so I call them duck feet.

Not exactly the most attractive design to come out of Nissan, so while I use that term in jest, it's also not a compliment.
Tis true. They ugly.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
That's awesome!!!! Looks like they fit perfectly.
Thanks Mr. Finance, yep couldn't be happier w/ the final fit

Originally Posted by Djfarhan
murdered!
Can't seem to leave the "dark side"

Originally Posted by ashmostro
Nice to see some cross-section on that rear! Looks great!

I'm planning to upgrade to 245/275 in the new year. Looking forward to having more grip
Thanks Ash, I think you'll be happy w/ the extra grip back there, especially with all your recent upgrades
Originally Posted by BLamb
looking good, love those fat rear tires!
Thanks B, Look forward to seeing what you've been up to w/ your G.
Originally Posted by CRV_33
very nice wheel setup. Is your car AWD or RWD?

I just noticed that you got the rolled exhaust tips. How did you do to that?
Thanks a lot CRV, mine's a RWD. The TopSpeed Exhaust initially came out w/ the rolled tips (before the big group buy), hopefully they'll get them back again.
I like your car, Newt. Customized without being gaudy. While I'm not so much liking the black paint on the rims, I do like the wheels themselves. Simple, clean 5-spokes. And it does work with your overall theme. And you're happy... quite obviously.

Nice sticker.
Thanks John, that sticker is what prompted me to beef up the rear setup, couldn't have dinky tires w/ that 4DSC sticker freshly applied And you know I had to have black, just how I roll my friend
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Looking at your nice new wheels makes me dread going out to the lot, after work, to see my baby with her recessed winter shoes on - even when they are wrapped around the OEM 18's. Yuk!

Your G is looking great!
Thanks a bunch rpm, coming from you that means a lot! It's OK, winter won't last too long, then you can unleash your beast!

I wasn't sure about the red caps at first but I'm liking them as it breaks up the sea of black. Weight is pretty much on par w/ similar low-pressure cast 5 spokes. The 8.5s are 27.5lbs the 10s are 30lbs. The Toyos area lighter tire so it's not too crazy. It launches so well that I'm willing to sacrifice a bit there.

The wheels are really new to the market so I doubt too much info is out there, like I mentioned in my initial post I think I'm the first G w/ them. There's a few MB350s and a couple IS350s w/ them but that's all I've seen on the web. The machined/charcoal is a nice combo too, they've got a couple other nice looking sets too in that line. Nice thing is they had them as blanks so they were able to cut the exact offsets I wanted. Took about 3 weeks from order to delivery but I was happy to wait.

Originally Posted by thebals
Nice ride OP! Looks fantastic!
Thanks a lot thebals, appreciate the kind words!

Originally Posted by pg37
Could we get a profile of the fronts to show flushness, like you did with the rears? I'm getting ready to buy some wheels (f14's maybe) and this rear is exactly what I was looking for, fit-wise.

And by the looks of those wheels, I'd say you're wife deserves a Chanel or Louis Vutton.
Thanks for the compliments, and it sounds like you've been in the purse market lately
As far as pics of the front fit, I'll be sure to post a couple in the next day or two. Like I mentioned, I had near flush front wheels (spacers added) and I just hit that under liner too often (along w/ that metal fender bracket) so I wanted them backed off enough so that it wouldn't be an issue. I think front 8.5" wheels w/ offsets in the +32-+35 range would get it real close. Mine are +40 in the front.

Quick Reply: Christmas came early!