G37 Sedan

After-market mud-flaps for G37 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
It was something like a $140-150 addon when I ordered mine. Based on the positive feedback on here, I decided to go with them.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM
thebals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2011 G37x didn't come with splash guards either.

I have read on some post on this forum that till a certain model year G's came with them; then one fine day (model year) Infiniti made them an add-on accessory.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by thebals
My 2011 G37x didn't come with splash guards either.

I have read on some post on this forum that till a certain model year G's came with them; then one fine day (model year) Infiniti made them an add-on accessory.
I've had a 2007 G35x sedan and now 2011 S sedan. Neither included OEM splash guards. It's an extra option.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 PM
chopper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2010 Journey came without the splash guards. I ordered them from the dealer ($117) and installed them myself shortly after bringing the car home. IMHO they're pretty unobtrusive, especially on the darker cars (mine is blue slate) They do a fairly decent job of minimizing the wet dirt slung up on the sides of the car. If you decide to go this route, they're not difficult to install but be aware that the paper mounting templates that Infiniti includes with the guards aren't accurate enough to mount the pieces properly. Fortunately, I marked the holes from the template onto the car with a water-soluble marker and did a hand-held trial fit before actually drilling the holes in the underbody sill plates. It sounds goofy, but it's a lot easier to fit them onto the car properly with a helper who can hold them flush against the fenders while you get the holes lined up. I also just this past week installed the JDM side window deflectors. Again, on the darker cars they're hardly noticeable and they reduce the wind noise considerably when the windows are down.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:24 PM
thebals

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I've had a 2007 G35x sedan and now 2011 S sedan. Neither included OEM splash guards. It's an extra option.
My bad. I was just re-iterating what I had read in one of the forum posts; hence called it out.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
thebals

Originally Posted by chopper
I also just this past week installed the JDM side window deflectors. Again, on the darker cars they're hardly noticeable and they reduce the wind noise considerably when the windows are down.
Where did you order the JDM side window deflectors from? Can you send me a link if it was online?
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Mine 11 G37 doesnt came with OEM splash guards as well, no problem at all. How many days in Sunny California would rains?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:20 PM
chopper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thebals
Where did you order the JDM side window deflectors from? Can you send me a link if it was online?
JDM Nissan Window Visors / Deflectors Infiniti G35 / G37 4dr - H0800-JK000 - Nissan

Fontana Nissan sent the kit very quickly; I think it arrived three days after I placed the order. Kudos to them for that. The only real issue I had was that the JDM kits come from Japan with all of the instructions printed in Japanese. Unfortunately I must have played hooky during my Japanese language classes in high school. Even with that, though, they're pretty easy to install; you can glean enough from the pictures on the instruction sheet to see how to position the pieces. The deflectors are actually held on to the outside of the window frames with industrial-grade double-sided tape.

You need to pay attention a few things. (1) The deflectors are positioned vertically using small metal clips that snap onto the rails on the inside of the window channels. You have to pull the window weatherstripping out of the window channel in order to properly position the clips in the window frame. Even with access (from this site) to the e-manual, I couldn't find any reference on how to get the soft rubber out without tearing it. A quick discussion with a mechanic at the local Infiniti dealer revealed that the rubber just pulls out without using any tools, just your fingers. Do it carefully without tugging (so you don't rip the soft foam rubber) and you shouldn't have any problems getting the rubber out and back in. The pictures in the instructions show how the clips snap into the little flanges inside the window frame. (2) The kit comes with a small packet that looks for the world like an alcohol wipe. It's not. It's part of the glue system for the double-sided tape. Clean off the outside of the chrome trim with a solvent to remove all dirt and grease (I used isopropyl alcohol) and rub the little wipe from the packet along chrome trim on the outside of the window frame. This applies the catalyst to the chrome trim and ensures the tape will stick. (3) Make sure you have the pieces EXACTLY where you want them before removing the orange tape pulls; once the tape contacts the catalyst, the pieces are never going to move again. When you have the deflector properly positioned, remove the tape pull and press the tape onto the window frame. Snap the rubber weatherstripping back in place and you're done. Even with all of the head scratching and phone calls, it took me about 45 minutes to complete all four windows.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
Mine 11 G37 doesnt came with OEM splash guards as well, no problem at all. How many days in Sunny California would rains?
But I assume the roads are the same as us unfortunate in east coast? Tiny stone debris are everywhere way more damaging than water splashes.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 PM
thebals

Thanks chopper for the link for the window deflectors and instructions for the install.

I need to order the deflectors as well as the mud flaps, soon.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:13 PM
It's_me

OK, convinced

OP here. OK, I'm convinced: I'll get the infinity splash guards. I had the option at time of purchase, but they seemed like they barely extended the profile of the wheel-well, so was not convinced they served a useful purpose. based on feedback here, I will get 'em

thanks!