G37 Sedan

TopBeam's New Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:47 PM
TopBeam

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Umm guy's I'm having a bit of an issue here. I started hearing some metal grinding noise in my left front driver's wheel. It's comming from the Rotor/Brake area, and when I make a turn slowly just to see wtf is that noise it's feel's like the Brake Pads are touching the Rotor's. I have a brand new car lol and this s**t is happening!

I am very paranoid about this now and please help me out on this one, Thx guy's!

I have stock wheel's for now I only had the wheel's off when my car was lowered on Swift Spring's. I do need a Wheel alignment because after the drop the steering wheel is a bit crooked.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Are your rotors still clean, no gouges or deep scratches? Is it possible something wasn't secured properly during the spring install? If it's making those noises obviously something is in there interfering w/ your wheel area. Was this something that just started or did you notice this after your spring install or something else you had done to your G? I definitely wouldn't drive it anymore until you can confirm nothing is amiss. If you have a mechanic friend I'd have them take a look or have it towed to a shop or drive carefully to one if it's nearby. Hard to answer something like this over the web
Good Luck.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM
TopBeam

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Are your rotors still clean, no gouges or deep scratches? Is it possible something wasn't secured properly during the spring install? If it's making those noises obviously something is in there interfering w/ your wheel area. Was this something that just started or did you notice this after your spring install or something else you had done to your G? I definitely wouldn't drive it anymore until you can confirm nothing is amiss. If you have a mechanic friend I'd have them take a look or have it towed to a shop or drive carefully to one if it's nearby. Hard to answer something like this over the web
Good Luck.
I noticed it after the install!

I think it's the brake/dust shield! No way it's a hub bearing or rotor/s brakes lol Car is fully new.