G37 Sedan

TopBeam's New Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 PM
TopBeam

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Damn, you need to change the title of your thread to the "Top Beams' Economic Stimulus Thread". Great list you've got there, looks like you're going to be busy for awhile. Shouldn't have any problem finding those 18" wheels but gotta ask~why not just go straight for the Vossens, or are the 18s a winter setup?
Look forward to pics as you go, just keep going w/ this thread, should be a good one
Lol, I can't wait until I get all of this stuff already! I will be posting up every single thing that I will do . Thank You guy's for paying attention to my thread .

Yes the 18's are going to be a winter setup, I will keep my Vossens in a warm place for a bit.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,724 Likes on 3,529 Posts
Originally Posted by TopBeam
Yes the 18's are going to be a winter setup, I will keep my Vossens in a warm place for a bit.
Fortunately for that plan, your 18" Enkie's aren't staggered on that AWD Sedan.

My only advice is to pace yourself on modifying the car. When you do too many things at once, you run the risk of a post-climatic response. You see it all the time on these car forums... people go nuts with every mod they can think of, and then dump the car.

In other words, if you plan on owning the car for a long time, then spread your mods out accordingly.

If not... then just go crazy and enjoy it, LOL.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:35 PM
09ChiG37

Maxima looks sweet!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:56 PM
TopBeam

Originally Posted by Rochester
Fortunately for that plan, your 18" Enkie's aren't staggered on that AWD Sedan.

My only advice is to pace yourself on modifying the car. When you do too many things at once, you run the risk of a post-climatic response. You see it all the time on these car forums... people go nuts with every mod they can think of, and then dump the car.

In other words, if you plan on owning the car for a long time, then spread your mods out accordingly.

If not... then just go crazy and enjoy it, LOL.

I am planning on doing everything correctly and accurately
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM
mystikal
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I love my X...Check out my thread--> https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-thread-2.html
I kinda have the same mods installed in mine!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 AM
TopBeam

Hey guy's, I took my car to a hand car wash and I noticed that there was a bird s**t stain on my rear bumper, left side. Not that big but vissible if in the shadow or the sun is on it. I bought a bug remover in Autozone some guy recomended and it didn't work I did a little research on myg37 and it looks like if I use Miguairs Scratch x2.0 it'll go away?! Please let me know what should I really use to remove this idiotic crap.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:10 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Hey guy's, I took my car to a hand car wash and I noticed that there was a bird s**t stain on my rear bumper, left side. Not that big but vissible if in the shadow or the sun is on it. I bought a bug remover in Autozone some guy recomended and it didn't work I did a little research on myg37 and it looks like if I use Miguairs Scratch x2.0 it'll go away?! Please let me know what should I really use to remove this idiotic crap.
I've had good luck w/ Macguires ultimate compound followed by their ultimate wax.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 PM
TopBeam

This bird problem is resolved not a big problem. What really bother's me I noticed that my screen is flickering for some reason ever since I got the car. I am pretty sure that this is not normal! If anyone ran into this problem please advise me and what should I do?!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Stop by a local dealership.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 PM
TopBeam

I ordered my LED's from V-Leds on sunday and UPS delivered it to me today, couldn't wait and finish work asap and install them .

I left work and went into my friend's garage, it took me like 20 minutes to change all of the bulbs. Ceiling, doors, rear ceiling, license plate and Reverse bulbs.

The color of the bulbs looks fantastic brighter than the OEM and definetly gives the G a new look inside! The only oain in the a** was the Trunk Reverse lights. The Handle I didn't know how to take it off for about a few minutes until I realized that you can unclip it and after put it back in... I thought I broke it when I took it off lol.

Here is are some pictures that I took.

image hosting sites

free photo hosting

photo sharing

free image hosting

photo hosting sites

This is a start... Every week there will be more stuff added to the car .

The Reverse light's are stupid Bright if you know what I mean .

All Interior LED's (192-168-158)
License Plate (192-168-158)
Reverse Light (921)
Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 AM
blueslate11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now guy's that I have my car since Monday I am ready for a few upgrades :-).

I already ordered Eibach Spring's, LED's for (Trunk License Plate, All Interior, HID's (8000k) Head's and Fog's, already have the tint's 35% on the side's and 5%on the rear, Roof Spoiler, Stillen CBE, 25mm Spacers, and now I am LF anyone that is seeling their 18" Sport wheels!
If you are interested in actually using your headlights to see, 8000K is not the way to go. See intellexual net · m k i v for a great tutorial on all things HID. But to each his own.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Lights look good TopBeam, photos always make them look like they'll burn right through your retinas though
Agree w/ Blueslate, I'd stick to headlights in the 6k range.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 AM
TopBeam

Originally Posted by blnewt
Lights look good TopBeam, photos always make them look like they'll burn right through your retinas though
Agree w/ Blueslate, I'd stick to headlights in the 6k range.

I agree with you guy's... but I already ordered 8k from DDM Tuning. They will have a bit more blue than the 6k and 10% less visibility.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 PM
TopBeam

Well, So these are the thing's that I have done already to the car.

H.I.D. (8000k) Head's and Fog's.
Interior LED's (6000k).
License Plate LED (6000k).
Tint's 35% All Around but the Windshield.
De Badged Trunk Letter's.
19" Avant Garde M-550 Wheels Gunmetal color.
Hankook V-12 Evo K110 Tires.
Swift Spring's. (Perfect Drop)
Custom Exhaust.

In Progress: Front Lip, Roof Spoiler, 50% Blacked Out Taillight's, Color Match Chrome Spoiler on the Trunk (Blue Slate), Rear Diffuser, 20MM Spacer's, Custom Headlight's.

The wheel's are going on after the Winter is over!

I will post up a video of my exhaust very shortly.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Well, So these are the thing's that I have done already to the car.

H.I.D. (8000k) Head's and Fog's.
Interior LED's (6000k).
License Plate LED (6000k).
Tint's 35% All Around but the Windshield.
De Badged Trunk Letter's.
19" Avant Garde M-550 Wheels Gunmetal color.
Hankook V-12 Evo K110 Tires.
Swift Spring's. (Perfect Drop)
Custom Exhaust.

In Progress: Front Lip, Roof Spoiler, 50% Blacked Out Taillight's, Color Match Chrome Spoiler on the Trunk (Blue Slate), Rear Diffuser, 20MM Spacer's, Custom Headlight's.

The wheel's are going on after the Winter is over!

I will post up a video of my exhaust very shortly.
Looking forward to pics, nice choice in rims, should look great on your Blue Slate (the design is quite similar to my Nuteks).
How are you liking those 8k headlights? Are you planning on using the fogs as DRLs? Probably looks pretty nice at night w/ the matching color temps.
What tire & wheels specs did you end up running?

Oh, and if you crack open those headlights be sure to grab some of those crystal clear lenses from The Retrofit Source, I love my STi-Rs, much sharper cutoff and look really nice in there.

Quick Reply: TopBeam's New Progress Thread