G37 Sedan

modifying a leasing car

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
TruLux

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're in the same situation as me bud, however mines a 2013.

You'll soon start to realize how limited we are to aftermarket parts due to the 4dr and AWD aspects... Do a lot of research prior to purchasing parts to make sure they fit properly.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisjiang
honestly, both. But if I must choose one, appearance then
Then if I were you I would save some coin and get Swift Springs instead of coils. They are probably the best on the market and they make them for AWDs.

As for wheels, I'm more into lightness than looks so I can't really opine there.

Hankook are a good tire at a nice price point- that's why they are so popular. Good choice unless you live in an area with an actual winter.

Intake - if you don't want or need a true CAI then the HKS would be fine, as would the R2c, Stillen gen 1, and a handful of others.

If you want actualy performance increases you would need to look at long tube intakes that are harder to install and may require some modification to the front support depending on which model you choose. I chose the Takeda CAI because it doesn't require cutting like the Stillen Gen 3 does, and provides some actual gains.

All intakes will sound awesomer than stock.

Strut bar is really only useful if you get a stiffer sway bar. I'd go with a sway bar first. Then get the strut bar if you have coin laying around. The biggest impact you can make to grip levels is a sway bar, period. Springs/coils next. Then stiffening devices like a strut bar.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something to consider, perhaps, if you are in a lease.

Car Leasing ? Who should lease? What people make the best car lease candidates?
Old 11-04-2012, 09:36 PM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I work for a leasing company. You are allowed to mod, as long as it is brought back to stock state upon end of the lease.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by LOLURMAD
I work for a leasing company. You are allowed to mod, as long as it is brought back to stock state upon end of the lease.
And there it is.

/thread
Old 11-04-2012, 10:44 PM
chrisjiang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruLux
You're in the same situation as me bud, however mines a 2013.

You'll soon start to realize how limited we are to aftermarket parts due to the 4dr and AWD aspects... Do a lot of research prior to purchasing parts to make sure they fit properly.
thanks for that man, I live in a town around Toronto and it snows like crazy, I have to get AWD. But I really cant stand that ridiculous wheel gap, thinking of dropping it a little bit
Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
chrisjiang

Originally Posted by ashmostro
Then if I were you I would save some coin and get Swift Springs instead of coils. They are probably the best on the market and they make them for AWDs.

As for wheels, I'm more into lightness than looks so I can't really opine there.

Hankook are a good tire at a nice price point- that's why they are so popular. Good choice unless you live in an area with an actual winter.

Intake - if you don't want or need a true CAI then the HKS would be fine, as would the R2c, Stillen gen 1, and a handful of others.

If you want actualy performance increases you would need to look at long tube intakes that are harder to install and may require some modification to the front support depending on which model you choose. I chose the Takeda CAI because it doesn't require cutting like the Stillen Gen 3 does, and provides some actual gains.

All intakes will sound awesomer than stock.

Strut bar is really only useful if you get a stiffer sway bar. I'd go with a sway bar first. Then get the strut bar if you have coin laying around. The biggest impact you can make to grip levels is a sway bar, period. Springs/coils next. Then stiffening devices like a strut bar.
man, how can I say, you are like a manual book.
-- yes i heard about swift spring and lots of people here are satisfied with it. but i am not sure it can go low enough cos it drops like 1'3 appox, based on my research. but still it is a good choice to go with.
-- wheels. my first choice was BBS LM but it is too expensive. thinking about wedsports, advan G25 and even Volk. but vossen is most suitable, at least for price and look. You really reminds me, i didn't know how heavy are those vossen rims, you know that?
-- Hankook, it's a good deal. I live in a town around Toronto and it snows a lot, in winter i will put those stock wheels and tires back.
-- I choose hks cos i like the look, also it will give me a pretty good power increase. i don't like intakes with long tube, simply because it doesn't look good.
-- Learn it!! i will put on a sway bar instead of a strut bar.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM
chrisjiang

Originally Posted by LOLURMAD
thanks a lot, I am ready to go ~~~